Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Would this be usefull to other DJ's? I know i would love it.

Tommy R 1:48 PM - 9 April, 2015
Serato, to start let me say I've been with you guys since the SL-1 and have been loyal ever since. I love every aspect about the program and you guys are miracle workers!!!

What I would absolutely love to see as a feature in the prepare tab or in a new tab (possibly call it the vault or anything that your guys's heart desires along those lines) is where you can drop songs into the prepare area and when you drag them from the prepare area to any of the 4 players that the song will stay in the prepare area and not disappear.

I am constantly dropping the song onto the players then re-dropping it into the prepare area constantly throughout my gigs. There are certain parts of songs I like to use samples from to scratch with or play during other songs when im mixing.

There are a few ways I see to accomplish this. One way would be to hold a button and click and drag the song over to the prepare tab and lets say the title lights up blue meaning that if you drop it on a player it will still stay in the prepare area until you highlight it and press a button plus the delete key to delete it.

Or a new tab called the vault, all songs dragged there will stay there regardless of how many times you drop it until you delete it.

I would love this and other DJ's I know would too.

Thanks Team Serato.
deejdave 9:09 PM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
Or a new tab called the vault, all songs dragged there will stay there regardless of how many times you drop it until you delete it.

You just pretty much defined a Serato crate. At the very least this is the reason for crates, no? You can even call the crate "the vault" and it will just as you said let you select the songs without them ever leaving the crate while keeping the prepare tab for songs you do want to disappear after playing.
Tommy R 10:58 PM - 10 April, 2015
The thing is I'm always changing it up as new music comes along or the venu I'm at determines what I want to put in the prepare tab. Me having a computer programming degree I know it's not hard to do. Plus the prepare tab is always in the same location no matter what. Pressing a key plus delete to actually remove the song is not hard to accomplish.
Tommy R 11:05 PM - 10 April, 2015
I have a ton of crates already. They are ever changing order on the crate list. The prepare tab does not change location. Every DJ has a different style of DJ'ing. We are all in the same brotherhood even if it's your main job, or it's just a passion that you only do at home, or a part time hobby, part time job, Whether you perform in front of a mirror, a small crowd at a bar, a large bar in Vegas, a large crowd at a major function, or a cruise ship with 5,000 ravers. Everyone is different and to nicely call somebody stupid in a public forum is unprofessional, impersonal, and makes a person look bad.
deejdave 11:23 PM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
They are ever changing order on the crate list.

The crates will stay in the order you place them if not you should be addressing your neworder.pref folder within your _Serato_ folder.

Nobody is calling anyone stupid unless I missed something. Juts seemed to me that things may not be working for you as intended (for example your crates are changing order by themselves) which is why I was curious as to the need for this feature.

DJing is as you said for the most experienced to the hobbyist doing it for fun which is why I was suggesting that this could already be done. I understand that this would not be all that difficult to implement but much consideration should be made when considering what should/should not be added to SDJ especially when it affects the GUI or overall layout. This is amplified further when the feature does not really add anything that can not already be done.

I am obviously not the type of person you are attempting to attract with this feature request and was only trying to help so I will untrack and hopefully you will attract more individuals who are in need of this feature. Good luck either way.
Tommy R 11:19 PM - 12 April, 2015
No problem. Just everyone has their own style.
Jah Army 4:45 PM - 13 April, 2015
+1

i agree with the crates theorie, but a simple on/off button for the "delete played songs from prepare tab" would be nice! good idea!!
Tommy R 2:32 AM - 15 April, 2015
: )
acemc 6:46 PM - 16 April, 2015
+1
The prepare folder can be emptied when Serato is shut down or restarted.
I often put a request in the prep folder & sometime during the night load it onto a deck, then change my mind as to when I'm gonna play it. Then when I feel the time is right for that track I have to search for it again. I get soooo irritated by this, that I often don't even search again & play it. This would be a very welcome feature.
Tommy R 3:06 PM - 18 April, 2015
👍
DJ Compiler 5:44 PM - 18 April, 2015
I think toggling the behavior of the prepare list in settings would be a better answer for all instead of having two separate tabs that do very similar things.
Tommy R 4:59 AM - 19 April, 2015
👍
Tommy R 2:15 PM - 21 April, 2015
This is a absolute need for me.
Tommy R 5:40 AM - 23 April, 2015
Quote:
+1

i agree with the crates theorie, but a simple on/off button for the "delete played songs from prepare tab" would be nice! good idea!!

👍
Tommy R 9:45 PM - 24 April, 2015
Need!
Tommy R 7:58 PM - 29 April, 2015
Please!!!
Tommy R 3:10 PM - 4 May, 2015
😜
cheekyme 10:58 AM - 5 May, 2015
+1
Tommy R 1:09 AM - 8 May, 2015
Quote:
+1

😜
Tommy R 1:04 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
+1

👍
Tommy R 4:26 AM - 22 May, 2015
Me