DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 62 Fader Carriers

DJ SP (UK) 9:30 AM - 1 April, 2015
Hey Rane users :) does anyone know where (if at all) I can get replacement carriers in the UK?

I'm aware that there were a few revisions to the carrier design since the 62 released; I have a couple of 62s, the first of which has the older version with the torsion spring, which I'd like to replace with the newer carrier.

Here's a shot of the faders: instagram.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
boabmatic 9:54 AM - 1 April, 2015
try contacting Sennheiser UK as they are the UK distributor for Rane.
en-uk.sennheiser.com

other than that directly from Rane in the US or turntable lab.
turntablelab.com
DJ SP (UK) 10:36 AM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:
try contacting Sennheiser UK as they are the UK distributor for Rane.
en-uk.sennheiser.com

other than that directly from Rane in the US or turntable lab.
turntablelab.com

Thanks for the links, but I'm not looking to replace the entire fader - the only issue is with the carriers on the earlier fader.
boabmatic 10:54 AM - 1 April, 2015
ahh ok .. best bet is probably directly from Rane then.

The technical support contacts are on here....
www.rane.com
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:43 PM - 2 April, 2015
You actually would want to contact Sennheiser. They sell separate parts as we do and is the right channel to go through for such things.
DJ SP (UK) 10:21 AM - 3 April, 2015
Quote:
You actually would want to contact Sennheiser. They sell separate parts as we do and is the right channel to go through for such things.

I've deal with Sennheiser before for servicing. The carriers aren't listed for sale on their spares website (just the entire fader), but I'll drop them an email and see if they can help. Cheers Zach!
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 11:06 PM - 28 December, 2015
stay with ancient spring carriers, because they are much stronger and have a better sense of what the new
DJ MIKE SHADOW 11:38 PM - 28 December, 2015
The top one.. plastic one is the 2nd version of the fader. Which is horrible both my 61 and 62 broke and they sent me the clear one which is the third generation one. Its been over a year and no problems with the clear ( last version ) they updated.

From my experience The 56 - 57 fader design has issues with the 61 - 62 models.. The cut in time is different than the clear plastic carrier. Im not sure but it seems like the magnetic design may be different. This is why the carriers where designed differently. The first generation 61 and 62 had cut in ( fader contour ) issues. It took a few months for them to get down to the problem and correct this cut in time issue. They will send you a new carrier if your still under warranty. Im a huge supporter of Rane / Serato since 2005.

sl-1
plug in purchases

Im a huge Rane / Serato nerd :)
But I will never purchase a 1st generation mixer again.
DJ MIKE SHADOW 11:39 PM - 28 December, 2015
i tried using the older 56 - 57 carriers and they do not have the same cut in time.
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 11:42 PM - 28 December, 2015
just vc adjust the sensor Very simple, My fader with old carriers open at 1 mm or less
DJ MIKE SHADOW 12:01 AM - 29 December, 2015
If u want to take chances adjusting the sensors be careful. I stay away from messing with the sensors. I set mine sensitive then took it to a gig and bam it was bleeding. I had to take it apart and fix it. Just my opinion. It was a couple minute fix but why go through that. When the mixer shouldn't need any adjustments to get the cut in sharper.

Im gonna try this to see if it helps.

Watchwww.youtube.com
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 12:06 AM - 29 December, 2015
you need to be very careful to do, but is extremely simple to set a cut of 1 mm no leaks, Good luc
boabmatic 9:01 PM - 29 December, 2015
With the 62 you can recalibrate the faders without messing with the sensors.

Sixty-One and Sixty-Two Fader Calibration
After cleaning or replacement, the sensors may get moved, affecting the contour. After any fader service, perform this procedure to re-calibrate the faders and crossfader.
1.Power off the mixer.
2. Move all faders to the center-most position.
3. Push both DECK 1 and DECK 2 CUE buttons at the same time. 4. While holding these buttons down, power on the mixer.
5. Immediately after fading up, the CUE lights will ash one time, indicating a successful calibration. If the CUE lights ash three times, the sensors may have moved too far, or the faders knobs may not have all been centered, and the faders cannot correctly calibrate.