Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Deleting Files still showing up (yes i've been reading around ALLOT)

Jim (BCP) 4:43 PM - 27 March, 2015
Serato DJ 1.7.4 (beta cause i need to disable track search strip on DDJ-SX2)
MBP (early 2011) - Yosemite
Music is ON my mac, no external drives of any kind

OK so ...

Im cleaning out my library, i've deleted over 700 songs.

1. i use iTunes to organize the files (i like how it creates folders for artist etc etc). then i use serato smart crates to build my playlists that i actually use out.

2. i've tried renaming the database, deleting the _serato_ and _serato_backup_ folders

3. No matter how many times i delete (cntrl +del, cmd +del, shift+cmd+del, shift+cntro+del) when i restart serrate the missing files still show up (brown) in my library.

Now, the ONE way I've learned to fix this is to get rid of ALL my smart crates.. BUT. does this mean ANY time i delete ANYTHING from my Serato library i have to re-create ALL my smart crates???

I'm truly lost as to why Serato would hold on to dead file names that no longer exist on my computer... not in iTunes, not in the trash, nothing. they're not ANYWHERE on the computer and Serato still see's them.

Anyone? a work around maybe?

thanks ahead of time :)
Cheers
JIM
Mr. Goodkat 5:33 PM - 27 March, 2015
tried to repair permissions yet?
Jim (BCP) 6:19 PM - 27 March, 2015
On the HD? That's not something I would have thought to do... Anything worth a shot
Mr. Goodkat 6:49 PM - 27 March, 2015
just a shot in the dark.
Jim (BCP) 7:19 PM - 27 March, 2015
no luck there.
DJ Tecniq 5:40 AM - 28 March, 2015
Which beta are you using? They are on the 4th one now. Try that👍
Davideon 7:32 AM - 28 March, 2015
Are yo deleting tracks in crates and they are still showing in the same crates?

Or are you deleting from All Audio, and the tracks still show?
Tommy Deem 11:58 AM - 28 March, 2015
do u have music in external and internal hard drive??
Riko Roos 6:41 PM - 28 March, 2015
Have you deleted them in iTunes? if not you have the dead link in iTunes and that gets populated to your Serato lib...
Jim (BCP) 7:06 PM - 31 March, 2015
thanks everyone for your responses. i figured it out but just for the sake of answering...

@tommy Deem i put in the description "Music is ON my mac, no external drives of any kind"

@Riko Ya man that was my issue... they were gone in iTunes first and still showing up in Serato

@BBD, I tried both... they were still showing up no matter what i did... even when i reset the database

THE FIX:

The Smart crates were causing the problem to begin with. A friend gave me some smart crates created to hold all music in specific keys (1A - 1B, 2A - 2B etc) and for some reason those smart crates where still bringing up all of his music (or trying to). how i figured this out was by looking at "location" option in Serato and seeing it was still calling for all the files on HIS computer not mine. SO... i deleted all his crates and re-created them on my own and my problems were solved. i did find it weird that the smart crate held onto all of his file info... Either way. its solved and all is good.