DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RANE 57 EFFECTS

Dominothedj 11:02 AM - 19 March, 2015
Hey everyone,

I used to have my setting on my Rane 57 set so the echo out in group 6 was on a 1 beat echo and sounded find anytime i used it. For some reason that has now stopped. I tried resetting my mixer, I disabled and re-enabled the joystick for it to be set on 1x and nothing seems to get it back on track. Currently the echo sounds way off beat and I read a couple of forum postings but nothing seems to help when I follow the instructions provided by someone else. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you,

Domino
AKIEM 1:50 AM - 20 March, 2015
Are you making sure the BPM is locked to track in the effects?
Dominothedj 8:10 PM - 20 March, 2015
That's what i'm having trouble figuring out. I kept reading that i had to enable the joystick...again so i disabled it and re-enabled and it still didn't do it. Can you give me guidance on how to do said locking?
AKIEM 9:03 PM - 20 March, 2015
In the effects a panel the effect can be sync locked to either deck. If thats the issue
Dominothedj 9:46 PM - 20 March, 2015
i'm not following on how to fix the issue. I know it can be locked. Right now i have to use the knob to tap the BPM in. I never had to do that. How do i get back to not tapping the BPM?
AKIEM 10:25 PM - 20 March, 2015
If what's wrong is what I think is wrong... In the software you have to set the effect to lock to one deck or the other. There is a little 'lock' icon, amber or blue.
Dominothedj 3:08 AM - 21 March, 2015
nah there isn't a lock
Dominothedj 4:14 AM - 21 March, 2015
the locks only appear if i tap the b1 for deck one or b2 for deck two which i've never had to do before but it does lock to the bpm and is on beat BUT it used to run evenly on beat no matter what the bpm i had loaded on either deck. That is using aux (b3) and keeping the effect on (b6) and using the flex fx button. Now they echoes are no longer on beat and i can't figure out why.
AKIEM 10:55 PM - 21 March, 2015
Well how would SSL know which deck you want to be the one locked to the Echo?

You are saying it automatically synced to BOTH decks? Or it somehow knew which deck you where applying echo to?
Dominothedj 4:59 AM - 23 March, 2015
Exactly what I'm saying.
AKIEM 5:57 AM - 23 March, 2015
Well, I don't see how that's possible.

If one deck is at 78bpm and the other is at 76bpm how did the - which one would it sync to? When you hit echo how did it know which deck you were trying to echo?
Two Toes 7:55 AM - 13 April, 2015
Open up the FX panel in SSL, aux (b3) and keeping the effect on (b6) and using the flex fx button is the go. Use your J1 joystick and push to the left and this should track the BPM of the effect to your left deck and the right joystick to the right for the right deck.

This is how I have mine set up. I can't remember really how I did it though! I'll try to remember to have a look next time im in the studio and post it up.

I got the process off of youtube, again I'll try and look for that video URL for you.
Two Toes 3:23 AM - 18 April, 2015
In SSL, in the FX panel right click your mouse on the direction panels J1/J2's.. This will bring up a drop down menu that you can select what direction will select what function.

I have mine set up (and this is just from memory) to the "<beat" on the J2 stick when it is pushed left (i.e toward the left deck) this will then track the left decks BPM and apply it to the right decks effect.

Do the reverse for the left deck.

This is where you select the 1x beat in the FX panel in SSL.