DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

57, 61, 62, 68 Question

freshadon 2:15 AM - 17 March, 2015
Hello, I have never used A Ran mixer with built in Serato, I use SL1 for past umpteen years, 1 pet peeve is when triggering SP6 sample, the sound plays in my headphones as well, which is very annoying! Also, if u middle the cross fader and hit the sample, it plays alot louder as the samples play on both channels. However, when I use a controller, the sound does'nt play in the headphone and i can also drop the channel faders and the sample continues to play, which is awesome.

Does the symptoms of the SL1 affect the Rane line of mixers? Am i able to trigger samples without it blaring in my ear? Am i able to drop the fader and the sample still play?
boabmatic 9:37 AM - 17 March, 2015
for the 62 you can route the SP6 to the AUX channel so the fader positions do not affect the SP6 volume as this is controlled by the AUX volume knob.

if you are monitoring the cue signal for ch1 or 2 you wont here the SP6 but if you as monitoring the master signal you will here it.
Detroitbootybass 3:25 PM - 17 March, 2015
I think with the Rane 61, but I'm not 100% sure (as I don't have one), that you can do the same thing that boabmatic is mentioning with the 62's aux channel.
JayB1200 12:21 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
I think with the Rane 61, but I'm not 100% sure (as I don't have one), that you can do the same thing that boabmatic is mentioning with the 62's aux channel.

This is true

+ you can use the USB insert to add Effects to your SP6 samples on the 61. (Not sure about the 62)
boabmatic 3:37 PM - 18 March, 2015
same for 62, the USB insert will allow you to apply any SDJ software FX to any source with a FlexFx button. (post fader)
freshadon 7:48 AM - 19 March, 2015
Thanks, so to confirm based on what you guys mentioned, the 61 & 62 does not play the SP6 in your headphones? and the channel faders don't affect it as well if it is routed to the AUX out on those mixers right? What about the 57? should be the same correct?
boabmatic 7:56 AM - 20 March, 2015
You will hear the SP6 in the headphones of the 61/62 if you are monitoring the master output but not if you are monitoring the ch1/ch2 output.

Yes faders dont affect volume as its on the aux.

Been a while since I used a 57 but I'm pretty sure you can't route the SP6 to the AUX so it's goes onto the channels like it does on the SP1
AKIEM 6:51 PM - 20 March, 2015
Correct. 57MK2 does route the Sp6 to Aux.
DJ Quartz 8:18 PM - 22 March, 2015
Looks like they discontinued the 61. Had a feeling this would happen.
freshadon 9:04 PM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:

Yea, sad. I wanted that mixer cause
1 it still uses SSL
2 it should work perfectly with Serato Video
3 Only one USB cable that takes care of DVS/Midi for video
4 I want to always use my midi controller as part of my set without having to use usb hub.
WarpNote 7:40 PM - 29 March, 2015
You can still get it on Ebay...
DJ Quartz 7:42 PM - 29 March, 2015
Stores still have stock too
DJ Quartz 7:46 PM - 29 March, 2015
But thought nahhh, getting something else.
Gio Alex 8:17 PM - 9 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Yea, sad. I wanted that mixer cause
1 it still uses SSL
2 it should work perfectly with Serato Video
3 Only one USB cable that takes care of DVS/Midi for video
4 I want to always use my midi controller as part of my set without having to use usb hub.

Doesn't mean you can't get it. If anything, it means you can go to your local dealer and bargain or hit amazon, CL and get yourself a good deal. The retail on that mixer made no sense to me anyway. Saw that coming from the jump. They should've just made the 61 a 57 mixer replacement, rather than giving it less features for the same price.
DJ Quartz 5:39 AM - 21 April, 2015
The 61 definitely should have been a way cheaper mixer than the rest.