Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Can scratch live have a dongle or API so that libraries cannot be copied?

DJ DannyMac 8:30 PM - 12 February, 2015
I run a mobile DJ Company and have had past employees run off with our music library by copying a drive. While we have a contract and can legally go after them this is a pain.

Now we are doing tons of video events. Our video library is worth tens of thousands of dollars and I do not want this copied. It would be great for all mobile DJ companies for a plugin that allowed our drives to be encrypted so that the only work with our copy of serato. That way if a disgruntled employee left with the library we could ensure that a copied drive was useless. This could be done by a serialized copy of serato owned by the company or a usb dongle etc.

There are tons of mobile companies using serato and this would be a huge leap in helping us and more importantly helping the industry keep DJs getting paid well. These thieves steal our libraries then undercut us.

Would love to hear your thoughts on if this can be implemented. A few years ago I seen a company here in Canada that stated they had a dongle for serato and a relationship with you to do this but I cannot find them again. Has this been done before?

Thanks.
2greendollars 12:52 PM - 13 March, 2015
hey dannymac!

currently I encrypt my drive and use biometrics to lock/unlock (fingerprint)

without my fingerprint, the contents are useless. initially, this caused all kinds of calamity with the serato database, but ive nailed it down to where its all solid and stable.

would be nice to extend this into the serato package though. dj software with built in anti-theft/digital security - good idea!!