DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 61 FlexFX audible sound difference

djcaba 5:30 AM - 30 January, 2015
Is it just me or does anyone notice how the FlexFX on the Rane 61 seem to add more gain? Then if you press "[USB symbol] INSERT", you can hear some sort of flanger/phaser/etc on top of that (which can be adjusted by the wet-dry slider). Is this normal?

Should I keep FlexFX on just for the slight volume increase?

By the way I use this for SDJ with a DDJ-SP1.
dj Krazey leo 5:41 AM - 30 January, 2015
Yes I,ve actually noticed that myself both with Ssl and SDj. It's very annoying basically what I did was put the wet dry slider on wet and adjust the software effects gain to your desired volume hope that helps.
djcaba 8:14 AM - 3 February, 2015
... There's also a bit a a flanger effect when both channels are up and the crossfader is dead center. Not sure if this is normal either...
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:06 PM - 19 February, 2015
You will hear this phase when the wet/dry slider is in the middle.
This is normal and goes away by simply moving it any where else but center.

Quote:
... There's also a bit a a flanger effect when both channels are up and the crossfader is dead center. Not sure if this is normal either...

You should only ever hear this if you are playing the same song on both decks at the exact same time. This is also due to the two tracks minutely being out of phase and you would experience the same thing regardless of the gear you were using to hear the audio.
JayB1200 6:35 PM - 22 February, 2015
How Come The FX Sound Different When Routing Through The USB Insert?
The Timing Sounds Different Compared To Using Them In The Software.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:49 PM - 23 February, 2015
Jay.. are you using SDJ?

If so, there is a timing bug with SDJ when using the USB insert.
We've been told by Serato that this should be fixed in the next update.
JayB1200 9:00 PM - 23 February, 2015
Quote:
Jay.. are you using SDJ?

Yes im using SDJ

Thats good news!
JayB1200 1:21 AM - 8 May, 2015
Quote:
Jay.. are you using SDJ?

Hey Zach, are the Effects on the 57MK2 handled differently then on the 61's USB insert?
I asked a few people with the MK2 about the Effects and they dont seem to be having Delay problems im having.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:38 PM - 8 May, 2015
Yes they are.
The insert is always engaged when using the MK11 so there is absolutely no delay/latency when using the software effects.