Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ SX2 Vinyl Mode Indicator..Is there One?

mixsingh 9:15 AM - 28 January, 2015
Hi All, I recently Purchased the Pioneer DDJ SX2 unit and noticed that they have merged the Vinyl and Slip button into one.

You need to press Shift and Vinyl/Slip button to activate the scratch or deactivate it on the platter, However if you are a DJ who uses both Vinyl and Standard mix mode then there is no indication on screen or on the deck to show which mode you are in!

The only indicator is if you press the Vinyl/Slip button again it will highlight red but this will take you into slip mode and not deactivate the scratch.

Am i right or not SX 2 users?

Previously on the SX 1 there was a Vinyl button that lit up blue.

is there anything I'm missing?
Col1990 3:49 PM - 28 January, 2015
Yeah think I you're right
Ron Margan 8:54 AM - 23 February, 2015
that is so annoying! now i don't use vinyl mode cuz i'm not sure when it's on.
they should make the red cue circle flash whem you are on vinyl mode.
938MyDJ 7:29 PM - 23 February, 2015
I got your point here being an owner of SX then upgraded to SX2.

But NOT a biggie for me as I am used to nudge on the edge of the platter on either, turntables, CDJs, and all other controllers that I own.

For longer jump points, the touch-strip is very handy : )
Ron Margan 10:01 AM - 24 February, 2015
but if you accidentally touch the platter instead of the edge your mix is ruined...
938MyDJ 4:13 PM - 24 February, 2015
If you'll leave it to vinyl mode all the time, you will be more aware and less likely to commit the same error... at least for me.
Ernescm 9:54 PM - 24 February, 2015
Serato please add some indicator for vinyl mode!!!
blackavenger 5:21 PM - 25 February, 2015
Quote:
If you'll leave it to vinyl mode all the time, you will be more aware and less likely to commit the same error... at least for me.

This.
Ron Margan 9:29 AM - 26 February, 2015
they just need to make it an option to set the red cue indicator on the jog to be the vinyl mode!
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:53 AM - 26 February, 2015
Well if its a hardware change you want contact pioneer,

if it's a software change contact serato,

serato don't care if it's not their problem and you can't blame them your looking for them to resolve issues that arn't theirs to be dealing with
mixsingh 4:56 PM - 11 March, 2015
yes they need an on screen indicator to look out for however i did add this to the feature upgrade forum but no reply!! am i doing something wrong?
blackavenger 6:04 PM - 11 March, 2015
No, several more people have to cosign your request in order to get a response from the developers. Just keep bumping the thread...others may eventually chime in.
WarpNote 8:06 PM - 11 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This.

Yep, I always leave my SX (mk1) in vinyl mode, same thing for my CDJs....
suave DJ 10:04 AM - 24 April, 2015
hello everyone, I found this and I hope that it help you to find a logical solucion to the vinyl/jog wheel indicator: In the slip mode use (pag.20) the manual says:

Check the vinyl mode on/off: you can check the current set of Vinyl mode by the lighting of slip button while holding shift, like this:
- Vinyl mode on: While pressing shift the slip button turns on.
- Vinyl mode off (jog): While pressing shift the slip button turns off.

If this serves your purposes plase confirm. regards!!!
razvyy91 5:51 PM - 24 April, 2015
You have to hold SHIFT. If the Slip button is lit red while you're holding down SHIFT, then that means Vinyl is active.
djbarakade 3:20 AM - 9 June, 2015
Quote:
hello everyone, I found this and I hope that it help you to find a logical solucion to the vinyl/jog wheel indicator: In the slip mode use (pag.20) the manual says:

Check the vinyl mode on/off: you can check the current set of Vinyl mode by the lighting of slip button while holding shift, like this:
- Vinyl mode on: While pressing shift the slip button turns on.
- Vinyl mode off (jog): While pressing shift the slip button turns off.

If this serves your purposes plase confirm. regards!!!

Quote:
You have to hold SHIFT. If the Slip button is lit red while you're holding down SHIFT, then that means Vinyl is active.

That's the ticket, thanks suave and razvyy! The Slip/Vinyl button is SLIP unless the shift key is pushed, then it's VINYL. That's why "VINYL" is in gray (the color for all shift functions). If the Slip/Vinyl light is on when holding shift, then VINYL is on. If not, VINYL is off.

Digging this new SX2 deck, just starting to learn it tonight...transitioning from Technics 1200s.