Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ compared to ScratchLive

dj shadow from detroit 8:09 AM - 25 January, 2015
Im on turntables and a 62

I tested Serato Dj 1.7.3 in the studio for 4 hours to see the difference compared to Scratchlive 2.4

It was stable until I activated pitch n time I noticed digital distortion while scratching it was noticeable within 5 seconds especially with slow scratches. I also noticed my crates load slower in Serato dj. The sound quality sounds different to me. Serato dj sounds like it has more highs. Scratchlive sounds better to me. I also noticed the effects sound better in scratchlive also.

The outcome for me was better than the last 3 updates as far as drop outs go. Im still very unhappy with it and wont use it during gigs. Im sure the team will sort the bugs out. The pitch n time needs some work and I would add the master volume back on and go back and listen to the difference in serato dj and scratchlive. I noticed a difference in sound right a way.
DJ Tecniq 8:25 PM - 25 January, 2015
That's what I don't like about SDJ they took away Master gain. Also even on the recommended sound setting the songs level meter is halfway if you set it higher I noticed it makes no difference. Kind of pointless..