Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Club Kit questions

Mr. Mac 4:37 AM - 23 January, 2015
Will Serato DJ Club Kit be available for use with Rane MP2015? If so, when?
Mixer >>> dj.rane.com

Will Serato DJ Club Kit be available for use with SuperStereo DN78 Phantom Valve (if it has the optional USB interface added of course)? If so, when?
Mixer >>> www.superstereo.co.uk
USB >>> www.superstereo.co.uk
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:42 AM - 24 January, 2015
Hey there,

Those mixers are not going to be supported by the Serato DJ Club Kit.

Sam.
Mr. Mac 4:00 AM - 24 January, 2015
Definitely NOT what I and other potential MP2015 customers wanted to hear, but thanks for the info.

So much for Rane's stated claim regarding the MP2015 "There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability." :-/
woody008 5:57 AM - 24 January, 2015
Sounds like a definitive answer to me. All the more reason to have Traktor as a secondary (or even primary) DVS handy.
musiclee 6:16 AM - 24 January, 2015
Samuel

I was SO PRAYING for a Serato DJ Club Kit for my awesome Rane MP25

Is it not possible?

I would buy it right away, I'd pay even more than $169

This mixer is still current so why is it excluded?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 6:40 AM - 24 January, 2015
There's just no current plan to support this mixer. If there are plans, we'll announce support like we have with other mixers.

Sam.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:19 AM - 24 January, 2015
Translation if the manafactor pay enough $erato will support the mixer
Mr. Mac 3:37 PM - 24 January, 2015
Rane, if you're listening, producing the MP2015 without SDJ support is kinda like Apple producing an iPhone 7 without Bluetooth support.
musiclee 9:14 PM - 24 January, 2015
Come on. Serato and Rane

PLEASE give the MP25, MP26 some love

If any manufacturer should "partner" it should be Rane-Serato. I actually always thought these 2 were 1.
djmacklong 3:19 AM - 25 January, 2015
MP2015 does not have a built in sound card. There's nothing wrong with this. Get over it.
deejdave 4:57 AM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
If any manufacturer should "partner" it should be Rane-Serato. I actually always thought these 2 were 1

Although it is not an exclusive partnership Rane & Serato certainly still have a partnership hence the Rane 57MKII

Also Samuel S answered you above just making sure you saw.
Jamez Brown 5:35 AM - 25 January, 2015
The Denon Dn-X1600 has a soundcard. Any chance that mixer could get supported? =)
deejdave 5:41 AM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
MP2015 does not have a built in sound card. There's nothing wrong with this. Get over it.

dj.rane.com

Have you looked at the mixer at all? What did you suppose the USB ports are for?
Mike Butler 10:16 AM - 25 January, 2015
Now that's a nice USB interface ... 10 out, 14 in so you can record everything at the same time ... and two of them!!! Not a mixer I'd use cos I use a controller rather than TT but still an impressive spec

Mike
Mr. Mac 5:16 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
MP2015 does not have a built in sound card.

Huh? What do you call this then?

Quote:
Dual USB Ports
Dual USB ports provide for simultaneous connection of two computers, enabling back-to-back sets between laptop DJs running different software without compromise or interruption—no easy feat.

The USB ports are 100% class compliant, allowing hook-up to any Mac OSx device without the need for an additional driver.

The included high-performance ASIO driver runs most Windows DAW and DJ software.

MIDI end points are class compliant with both OSx and Windows devices.

Each port supports 10 playback and 14 records channels. This lets most DAW programs simultaneously record all four decks, the Submix, the Session input and the Main mix.
Mr. Mac 5:17 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

dj.rane.com

Have you looked at the mixer at all? What did you suppose the USB ports are for?

Exactly.
djmacklong 7:52 PM - 25 January, 2015
Lol, my bad.
Candoo 12:31 PM - 26 January, 2015
Will it be available for DJM-850K, too?
deejdave 5:05 PM - 26 January, 2015
serato.com that is what the initial post was for.........................
dibb 7:46 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey there,

Sam.

Somehow, I can't believe this is true regarding the MP 2015. It doesn't really make sense for Serato not to support the best (Rane) mixer on the market. Maybe not now, but in the near future..?

Zacharia Stone from Rane also states otherwise here: www.djtechtools.com

Quote:

Although the MP2015 has two 96k, studio grade, sound cards we designed this mixer, primarily, for the underground techno and house crowd who predominately use either CDJs or vinyl. The mixer is ready to go as far as compatibility with Serato DJ and/or Traktor though. It currently works with Traktor but without DVS control. Talks have already started between Rane and Serato and I'm sure you'll see this working with Serato DJ in the very near future. If we get our way it will be a certified DVS mixer with Traktor as well:)
pppp 8:00 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
The Denon Dn-X1600 has a soundcard. Any chance that mixer could get supported? =)

The Denon Dn-X1600. Any chance that mixer could get supported?
deejdave 8:08 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hey there,

Sam.

Somehow, I can't believe this is true regarding the MP 2015. It doesn't really make sense for Serato not to support the best (Rane) mixer on the market. Maybe not now, but in the near future..?

Zacharia Stone from Rane also states otherwise here: www.djtechtools.com

Quote:
Although the MP2015 has two 96k, studio grade, sound cards we designed this mixer, primarily, for the underground techno and house crowd who predominately use either CDJs or vinyl. The mixer is ready to go as far as compatibility with Serato DJ and/or Traktor though. It currently works with Traktor but without DVS control. Talks have already started between Rane and Serato and I'm sure you'll see this working with Serato DJ in the very near future. If we get our way it will be a certified DVS mixer with Traktor as well:)

He's using a play on words here. It is because they will be offering FULL support for it and it will NOT have to use the Serato club kit............................ my best guess anyways.
deejdave 8:14 PM - 26 January, 2015
It will most likely support DVS for both Serato & Traktor...................... JUST like my DJM900Nexus will. But NOT my SRT!!! LOL
musiclee 10:07 PM - 26 January, 2015
I want support for all Rane Mixers but if you choose only 1, let it be the Rane MP25 - MP26
Djaward 10:44 PM - 26 January, 2015
Am I the only who has zero interest in this mixer?
Mr. Mac 10:51 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:

No. We went from full interest to zero interest since learning its dual USB soundcard does not support Serato DJ and there are no plans for Serato DJ Club Kit to work with it either :-(
DJMark 12:48 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:

If you're mostly a hip-hop/turntablist DJ, no one would expect you to have any interest in it.
dibb 8:37 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
He's using a play on words here. It is because they will be offering FULL support for it and it will NOT have to use the Serato club kit............................ my best guess anyways.

That would make the MP 2015 the first non-Serato branded device that has full Serato support. Thinking about the business model of Serato, don't think that's likely to happen.

Serato invented the "Club kit" to make more and more non-Serato enabled hardware compatible with Serato DJ, enabling growth of their market share, while earning money of it.

This is actually a good thing, unless maybe you own both a 900SRT and a 900NXS.. :)

So my best guess would be that the MP-2015 will be added to the list of Club kit enabled devices. Only time will tell... time that I'll certainly need to save up for this insane peace of gear.
deejdave 10:04 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
So my best guess would be that the MP-2015 will be added to the list of Club kit enabled devices. Only time will tell... time that I'll certainly need to save up for this insane peace of gear

Quote:

I supposes there is a chance that Samuel S a Serato employee is flat out lying.
Davideon 10:13 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:

No. Although I understand the appeal it would be useless for me
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:23 PM - 27 January, 2015
Sorry I should have said, "There's no current plan for Serato DJ Club Kit support for these mixers."

I gotta be careful what I say around you guys :)

Sam.
Mr. Mac 10:26 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Sorry I should have said, "There's no current plan for Serato DJ Club Kit support for these mixers."

I gotta be careful what I say around you guys :)

Sam.

Thanks for the clarification Sam.

Will keep eye out for if/when MP2015 ever gets SDJ support. Til then, money stays in the bank.
deejdave 10:28 PM - 27 January, 2015
Niff said. Dibb you are 100% correct.
deejdave 10:28 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Niff said

*Nuff said
raedonquan 1:06 PM - 29 January, 2015
hay dave you getting the 2015... sell my your urei.....heheheheh
deejdave 2:15 AM - 30 January, 2015
I will be picking up the MP2015 but I don't sell gear........... sorry bud.
raedonquan 9:21 PM - 30 January, 2015
Had to ask...yes I'm going to test out the2015 hoping rock n soul will have one on display so I can test out the iso.... I hope the iso is a good as an out board iso..

This also taps into the line array fund.... Damn
deejdave 2:20 AM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
This also taps into the line array fund

JBL by any chance? Ever since pdidy's profile pic I have been eying those bad boys up. I know there are plenty of other and could probably get cheaper with other brand but I am a die hard James B. Lansing fan. It's actually in my blood. My first "real" speakers as a kid were 15" JBL's that I had reconed to higher spec's.
raedonquan 3:57 AM - 31 January, 2015
nope no jbl for me rcf... nxl24 thats the new ticket...

www.rcf.it

looking for an a array that doesnt need multiples to start out with..

so 2 of the nxl24 will be perfect for my outdoor gigs.... and 4 will be the most i buy and then have the evox 8 for some side fills

as for subs ill use my ev t18's for now but those rcf 8000 series sub are crazy $
deejdave 5:15 AM - 31 January, 2015
RCF is very nice though. Well worth the money. I still have some raw 18" woofers by RCF (Italian made older stuff) and they are beasts!
Luke2041 2:41 AM - 1 February, 2015
Hi so wanted to know if The Club Kit also give you access to quantised effects on the nexus and 850 the way the SRT or does or does it just give you access to DVS
deejdave 7:28 AM - 1 February, 2015
Samuel S of Serato has stated that the quantized FX is exclusively for the SRT as in neither the 900NXS or the 850 will offer this feature.
Luke2041 5:28 AM - 2 February, 2015
Thanks makes a clearer case for the SRT to exist I guess
Karl W 2:52 PM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:

anyone at serato gonna answer this 1?
Help 3:59 PM - 14 April, 2015
Just downloaded SDJ 1.7.4 and there doesn't appear to be any Club Kit support for Rane MP2015. Please advise when we can expect SDJ Club Kit support for Rane MP2015. Thank you.
Davideon 6:05 PM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Just downloaded SDJ 1.7.4 and there doesn't appear to be any Club Kit support for Rane MP2015. Please advise when we can expect SDJ Club Kit support for Rane MP2015. Thank you.

The last official word i saw from serato was there were no plans to support it as they did not think there would be the demand.
Danny_DJ 2:07 PM - 14 June, 2015
Quote:

The last official word i saw from serato was there were no plans to support it as they did not think there would be the demand.

Any updates on that? Why the heck would there be no demand? Rane Mixers are more likely prone to be used w/ SDJ than any other brand since they were the original hardware partner and have many Serato Mixers out there in the market. Having a digital Source and a digital mixer but with two unnecessessary conversions makes no sense to me.
I want an all digital path. I'd even pay for it (as any kind of upgrade; thinking of 99 bucks).
Danny_DJ 2:17 PM - 14 June, 2015
I already own a Rane SL3, this would be my mobile solution w/ DVS.
I own a VCI 380 for small scale/lightweight gigs.
And a Rane 2015 powerhouse w/ 2 unused mighty soundcards? Come on – why?
Why do we have to cram the SL box and its at least 8 cables into our setups when we can have a neat USB cable for playback and recording?

This cannot be justified by technical effort since NI is certified as well.
musiclee 3:10 PM - 14 June, 2015
Another re request, another Rane mixer. :-)

MP-25.