Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

NAMM 2015: Forthcoming Serato DJ support for Allen & Heath Xone:DB2 and DB4

12:14 AM, 19 Jan 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
dj zokithefab 10:40 PM - 22 January, 2015
BEST NEWS EVER I AM GONNA CHUCK IN THE LAKE MY SRT PIONEER NEXUS ITS LIKE A CAPPUCINNO MACHINE OVERHEATS AND ON TOP OF THAT SOUNDS SHIT HA HA
dj zokithefab 10:47 PM - 22 January, 2015
SIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I CAN BE A PROPER DJ NOW
blulabel 2:58 AM - 23 January, 2015
Will there be any midi mappings for Midi Shift?
dj zokithefab 3:08 AM - 23 January, 2015
that was me and????
runningoutofspace 4:50 AM - 23 January, 2015
Thank you!
three_am 12:48 PM - 23 January, 2015
the best news
Jumbo Boogie 9:06 PM - 23 January, 2015
Dope stuff!
FLIPSIDEclub 10:56 AM - 24 January, 2015
Please consider adding the DENON X1700, it sounds much nicer than the Pioneer DJM 850.

I'd gladly pay $200 to use that without additional boxes.

It must be capable, as it is one of the few Traktor Scratch certified mixers.

thanks.
rubasdvj 9:59 PM - 25 January, 2015
just great..... thanks to serato and allen and heat crew
Gerschwin 1:48 PM - 27 January, 2015
There's love again between A&H and Serato? Last time A&H users here got the advice to use an agriculture vehicle instead of Serato...

The Xone DX debacle is still ringing in the ears. It's still a big shame that no Serato DJ upgrade is available for Xone DX users.
E. Fada 8:25 PM - 27 January, 2015
Shoppers' tip: Juno UK is selling a DB2/K1 bundle right now for $940 USD. 4 left. Oops, 3. Got mine.
Blackie Lox 9:25 PM - 27 January, 2015
Will Serato DJ be able to send MIDI clock to these mixers as it does with the Pioneer DJM-900SRT to sync effects?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:30 PM - 27 January, 2015
MIDI Clock is something we've been working towards for a while. Hopefully in a future Serato DJ update!
Blackie Lox 6:20 AM - 1 February, 2015
Another question, will the DB4 be able to read timecode via it's digital inputs from cd players and will it make any noticeable difference/improvement in timecode tracking?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 6:44 PM - 1 February, 2015
Hey there, firstly, we don't actually use timecode in Serato DJ - it's our own technology called NoiseMap™.

Digital inputs aren't supported for use with NoiseMap in this case. Using digital inputs also won't make any difference to your tracking in Serato DJ.

Sam.
rubasdvj 1:31 AM - 2 February, 2015
anyone know when will support
NoBrain 6:47 AM - 5 February, 2015
I've got one Db2 and she got a issue with mac Usb 3 port, a big issue. I'm intérested to see how it gona be Work ...
runningoutofspace 3:26 PM - 5 February, 2015
@NoBrain. I don't work for A&H or Serato, just an enthusiastic user of their products. Your issue really isn't for Serato to figure out. A&H have been working on sorting out this issue so check their forums, search their downloads section for the latest drivers and/or contact their tech support.

However, ultimately, the USB 3.0 compatibility issues come down to fixing the one devices that isn't USB 2.0. Lately, the market trend shows that USB 2.0 interfaces and devices have been coming out like manufacturers decided what is best and honestly, the direction of Apple doesn't force compliance...they both have to figure it out.
runningoutofspace 3:47 PM - 5 February, 2015
Clarification: cannot assume you're an Apple user but the 3.0 & 2.0 issues come down to the computer and the device manufacturer figuring it out.
alphanumerik 9:40 PM - 5 February, 2015
Quote:
I've got one Db2 and she got a issue with mac Usb 3 port, a big issue. I'm intérested to see how it gona be Work ...

Hoping to get further clarification on this as well; it took Pioneer 5 months to update the SRT firmware due to the same ussue. I was an early adopter and had to wait to sell my old mixer before I could even use it. Hoping to get feedback from A&H on this issue
DJChad72 1:14 PM - 6 February, 2015
Any thoughts of the Xone 3D or 4D could possibly work with Serato DJ once the DB2/4 support launches?

What about 1D? Could it MIDI map deck control to use along side the DB2/4? It may be an expensive way to recreate my beautiful Xone DX experience. But it would be quite a great setup!

Think about it... 3D or 4D .... Very least 1D? :)

Puppy dog eyes Serato. :)
Rory... 3:30 PM - 24 February, 2015
I am sure this is great news for the many people waiting for this to happen...But...Thinking of buying a DB4/DB2??
BE VERY AWARE!
Both the DB4and DB2 are silky sounding fat f**king mixers! But they also have many issues, both hardware and very buggy, high latency software/driver issues.
I have been quietly and patiently raising helpdesk tickets since sept 14. They are experts at apologising for not getting back to you, but thats it, if you inform them of known issues (too many to list) they will completely ignore you.
Check this link to the forum where my issues are listed.

xonecommunity.allen-heath.com

I am also quite aware that many people have the DB4/DB2 and don't have issues, but i guess that is down to very poor Chinese build/quality control and the fact that not everyone uses or utilises all of the features available, or they can live with the problems using work arounds.

CHECK THE XONE DB FORUM BEFORE YOU SPEND YOU HARD EARNED CASH!
E. Fada 4:09 PM - 24 February, 2015
I've had good experiences with A&H Support and hardware, but definitely lots of issues with drivers and firmware on the DB2. Nothing nightmarish, but enough of a constant annoyance that I went back to a setup of a Twitch, analog mixer, and external fx unit. I've had similar issues in the past with the DX and the K2. A&H definitely has some things to figure out on that side of things.
runningoutofspace 10:33 PM - 26 February, 2015
FTR, I've had my DB4 for just over 4yr (48 months since 29 January 2011), and I haven't had any of the issues that people have reported. I am on the current version of OS X but I have used every version of OS X with the DB4 and this same DJ computer since 29 January 2011.
I have used it in many examples:
2 CDJ-2KNXSs running HID, aggregated
unofficial modified but legitimately purchased version of Traktor Pro 2 (for Scratch capability)
With Xone K2s doing MIDI control
With DB4 doing MIDI control over some things that were complimentary to a DVS set-up
With other sound card running Ableton (Audio 8 DJ, Xone : 2D, Xone : K2)
With the Beta version of Serato DJ 1.7.2.7+

I have even ran another DB2 alongside this mixer on the same computer while also using a K2 to output audio.

I don't know how to say more than that except, I also probably had Maschine and some hardware instruments & clocking devices but didn't break it or have these other issues.
I'm not sure what happened to certain individuals and why certain things have not worked for others using the DBs and their system but the one cool thing about this mixer is that I also ran it for the last 18 months on vinyl alone without a DVS software and it worked just fine like a mixer of it's price range should. All the onboard FX and Sampling/Filters, etc. that worked just fine and even when we recorded the demo video back in October 2013, it didn't have any issues while I was learning new things only A&H could have shown me. There is so much to this mixer that even the right FX settings can do thing when you know how to dial them in and apply. A&H should probably do a new book on example FX settings but things like the Slip Mode looper control via an Added K2 will give you control over sound you can get deeper control over with that MIDI controller added to your DB mixer. The Feedback loop trick kind of works on any mixer that has a way to route the master back into the channel matrix but on the DB4 it is great once you grasp the technique that can do infinite grabs over the sound. I don't think people really get it all, all the time but there is a lot there that the mixer can do with just the fundamental sources.

If you realize the Serato support for Xone : DB Series & Xone: K Series users opens the doorways to those who can imagine how to use the onboard arsenal, the combo in the right hands will overcome the other stuff.
Given my experience with this mixer over the last four years, I can't imagine how the others are having these issues but I can see how it could be frustrating if something isn't working the way it should.
dj zokithefab 6:22 AM - 6 March, 2015
how can u use the db2 and serato vinyl without sl3 soundcard ???? does anybody know i am tired of this bullshit
dj zokithefab 6:27 AM - 6 March, 2015
srt pioneer 900 in a bin overheats i dont need a coffee machine and sound shit on top of that
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 5:01 PM - 6 March, 2015
Hey dj zokithefab,

Have you joined the Serato DJ 1.7.4 Public Beta? Here's the link: serato.com

sam.
blulabel 5:08 PM - 17 March, 2015
This isn’t a beta issue because it happens in 1.7.3 too but, when the DB4 looper button/knob is midi assigned to the virtual deck start button, you have to double press the button quickly to start the track, similar to double clicking a mouse. If you only press it once it will not start the track. One press will stop a playing track though.

I’ve assigned the same button/knob to other functions and there are no issues like I just explained. Am I doing something wrong?
slyxdevil 1:59 AM - 3 August, 2015
I want my Xone DX to work with serato dj! You support Vestax and they are out of business!
slyxdevil 4:27 AM - 11 August, 2015
The Xone 4d came out in 2008 the DX is newer by a few years it's sad that this serato super star is now my traktor pro 2.9.0 super star
juandj 4:22 AM - 8 September, 2015
Any plan to include the Xone:K2 ?
NoBrain 6:44 PM - 8 September, 2015
Info, K2's reconised and maped like the K1 when plugged by Ethernet to the DB2 :-)
juandj 7:08 PM - 8 September, 2015
NoBrain, that's a good hint!

What if I don't have a DB2, do you know if I can map the K2 just like the K1?
blulabel 4:17 PM - 21 October, 2015
Quote:
Info, K2's reconised and maped like the K1 when plugged by Ethernet to the DB2 :-)

Are you saying that if you plug a K2 into the X-Link port of a DB2, Serato DJ will recognize it as a K1, and it will act like an official Serato accessory?
Mardy J 4:44 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Are you saying that if you plug a K2 into the X-Link port of a DB2, Serato DJ will recognize it as a K1, and it will act like an official Serato accessory?

Can anyone confirm this? I can get a K2 already including the case cheaper than a K1 plus the cost of a case. I already have a DB2 mixer, the only thing holding me back is the worry that I'd be better off with the K1 even though the K2 is slightly more versatile.
blulabel 5:12 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can anyone confirm this? I can get a K2 already including the case cheaper than a K1 plus the cost of a case. I already have a DB2 mixer, the only thing holding me back is the worry that I'd be better off with the K1 even though the K2 is slightly more versatile.

Mardy J I can not confirm this because I do not have a K2, or know of one available to me at the moment. If NoBrain does not reply, perhaps runningoutofspace can confirm if this works or not. If I'm not mistaken he has a K2 and DB4. Otherwise perhaps you could rent a K2 to confirm or deny this, before making your purchase.
NoBrain 6:00 PM - 10 November, 2015
Yo! I Run w k2 & DB 2, And i confirm, it work.
Mardy J 9:36 AM - 11 November, 2015
Thanks for the confirmation!
NoBrain 12:29 PM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Yes ;)
blulabel 4:44 PM - 11 November, 2015
Thanks NoBrain!
NoBrain 5:29 PM - 11 November, 2015
Attention, big issue with The last version of serato DJ on win 10 and the K2;
i lost the mapping all the time after restart serato :( k2 not reconized like the K1 since last update, fu@k
blulabel 6:04 PM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
i lost the mapping all the time after restart serato :( k2 not reconized like the K1 since last update, fu@k

NoBrain, do you mean the K2 is not recognized now after you updated to Serato DJ 1.8?
NoBrain 6:24 PM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

NoBrain, do you mean the K2 is not recognized now after you updated to Serato DJ 1.8?

K2 isn't premapped know, and rotary encoder parameters aren't saved in the good format :(
blulabel 6:35 PM - 11 November, 2015
Got it. So now the K2 is recognized by Serato DJ 1.8 as a generic MIDI device.

Thanks for getting the information out to us NoBrain.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

K2 isn't premapped know, and rotary encoder parameters aren't saved in the good format :(

Got it. So after updating to SDJ 1.8 the K2 is only recognized as a generic MIDI device now. Whereas before the update, when the K2 was plugged into the X-Link port of your DB2, SDJ would recognize it as a K1/Official Serato Accessory.

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for getting the information out to us though NoBrain.
NoBrain 8:53 PM - 11 November, 2015
Yo! Solved ! I've just installed the k2 driver and it run well. :)
Mardy J 12:19 AM - 12 November, 2015
Hey NoBrain

Do you run the Club Kit or use a Rane SL box? Whenever I plug in the USB from my DB2, Serato no longer recognises the control vinyl. It's weird cause it has internal controls for all decks, so it's not like the box has been disconnected, but the option for changing the play from Relative/Absolute/Thru disappears. I've emailed Serato, but not heard back yet, wondered if you've solved this?
Elano 11:49 PM - 22 February, 2016
Just bought an A&H Xone 92. Could I use any audio interface with Serato Dj Club Kit? Or do I have to buy a Rane SL/Denon DS1?
Elano 11:52 PM - 22 February, 2016
I forgot to say, as well as the Xone 92 I have an Xone:K1.
NoBrain 10:51 AM - 23 February, 2016
you should use the db2 sound card. It work well on Mac (el capitan) but dont work on my PC w10 MSI gs60 2QE.
Elano 3:06 PM - 23 February, 2016
Thanks for the tip NoBrain. I will look into it.
NoBrain 9:55 PM - 16 March, 2017
Hi ! DB2 & Serato on Macbook Air 13 os El Capitan work very well!