DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

new rane rotary mixer??????

Dax 9:37 AM - 16 January, 2015
was told this morning that theres a new Rane rotary debuting at NAMM

can anyone confirm this or have any other info?
_Ben_ 1:09 AM - 21 January, 2015
Heard the same, I imagine pics will hit the web in the next week. Really excited to see what they came up with. I bet they are going directly after the E&S DJR400.
Dax 6:23 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Heard the same, I imagine pics will hit the web in the next week. Really excited to see what they came up with. I bet they are going directly after the E&S DJR400.

i'm thinking much the same Ben but was sent this the other day,its a bit OTT
postimg.org
_Ben_ 11:22 PM - 21 January, 2015
I saw that one floating around too but it seems really outdated and pretty awful. The old Scratch Live logo gives it away.

Might even be a Rane fan mockup of their dream mixer like that Rane Sixty Nine?

www.wavemusic.com
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:28 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

postimg.org

Ewww, gross.
_Ben_ 11:33 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

postimg.org

Ewww, gross.

Hahahahaha
Dax 5:45 PM - 22 January, 2015
this one looks great

postimg.org
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:19 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
this one looks great

postimg.org

It's hands-down, the best DJ mixer I have ever played on. It sounds amazing and so much fun!
Detroitbootybass 6:32 PM - 22 January, 2015
Shaun, the adjustable crossover points for the isolator gets two big thumbs-up from me.

Great job!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:52 PM - 22 January, 2015
Thank you :)
_Ben_ 6:54 PM - 22 January, 2015
Looks AMAZING. What is the expected price?
s3kn0tr0n1c 9:03 PM - 22 January, 2015
Looks very sexy!!!
Detroitbootybass 10:02 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Looks AMAZING. What is the expected price?

The MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is $2899. That means you'll likely be able to find it at retail as low as $2600.
Dax 9:38 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
this one looks great

postimg.org

It's hands-down, the best DJ mixer I have ever played on. It sounds amazing and so much fun!

have you used many rotary's Shaun?

think it looks great,love that its a desktop unit and not rack.shame about the position of the cue buttons and no send and return for each channel.i was hoping it was going to go straight to the top of my shopping list but sadly it hasn't,the superstereo DN78 is still top of the list.but that may change once i get to play with it
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:18 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one looks great

postimg.org

think it looks great,love that its a desktop unit and not rack.shame about the position of the cue buttons and no send and return for each channel.i was hoping it was going to go straight to the top of my shopping list but sadly it hasn't,the superstereo DN78 is still top of the list.but that may change once i get to play with it

Yes, I own an original MP/XP2016, have played on a Rotary Empath, and then the MP2015. I think that may be all the rotary type mixers I've used since '94.

I've never actually bumped the headphone cue/monitor button by mistake.

You can send individual channels to the effects bus using the Submix effect routing option.
Dax 8:44 AM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one looks great

postimg.org

Yes, I own an original MP/XP2016, have played on a Rotary Empath, and then the MP2015. I think that may be all the rotary type mixers I've used since '94.

You can send individual channels to the effects bus using the Submix effect routing option.

i only asked if you had used other rotary's as i want to know what the mp2015 is like compared to some of the newer rotary mixers like the E&S and Condesa

this got posted in a FB group not long after the MP2015 showed its face,i think this is what a lot of people was hoping for (i know i was) postimg.org
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:18 AM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one looks great

postimg.org

i only asked if you had used other rotary's as i want to know what the mp2015 is like compared to some of the newer rotary mixers like the E&S and Condesa

Are you bothered by my answer or something?
Dax 12:15 PM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one looks great

postimg.org

no not at all just explaining why i asked the question in the 1st place
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:25 PM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this one looks great

postimg.org

no not at all just explaining why i asked the question in the 1st place

My apologies then. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to play on or audibly compare the 2015 to the E&S or Condesa yet, but a DJ friend of mine in Vancouver BC has access to a A&H V6 and we're planning on getting together for a comparison test :)