Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato DJ analyzing bpm files wrong, Will not let you delete bpm either.

DJ Deaf 11:25 PM - 5 January, 2015
I'm running Serato DJ 1.7.2 on OS X Yosemite. I have my range set to 68-135. When I analyze files that are suppose to be at 70 bpm, they are set to 93. Whenever I try to delete the bpm and asked if I wish to do this and click yes, the bpm does not delete. The songs play at 70 bpm but they are tagged at 93 bpm. Some versions show the correct bpm such as the instrumental/clean/dirty but then some of them show incorrect. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so how do you fix it. I spoke with people from race and they went through the same steps and they think that it's a bug.

I'm using the following hardware:

Rane 62
Rane 64
Pioneer 900SRT
Numark NS7II
Serato, Support
Micah G. 3:15 AM - 12 January, 2015
Hey DJ Deaf,

Hit up the support team, and we can look into that for you. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
clarksta 3:56 PM - 18 January, 2015
Yes I'm having this problem. Iv always used scratch live and never had any problems. But now some of my 70bpm tracks are randomly changing to 93bpm. I have some house tracks too that should be 120-130 but they are also changing too 93bpm.

Is this just a bug that will get corrected?
MDB 10:37 PM - 21 January, 2015
Yeah, I'm having an issue with incorrect BPMs as well. While my library is not that big, about 30% of the tracks were analyzed with incorrect BPMs. Too many to try and fix one at a time. Does anyone know of a method for fixing these in bulk...or is there a software update on the horizon that will correct this?
DJ Mikal Clay 2:18 AM - 19 February, 2015
I'm having this issue as well! I have the NS7 II and V 7.3. I'm also debating on upgrading to OS X Yosemiite however I have some concerns...
DJ Deaf 11:17 PM - 5 March, 2015
I'm using Yosemite and the problem still occurs. It's starting to become extreme frustrating!.
Dangerous 2:01 AM - 17 March, 2015
Also having this problem- Using Serato 1.7.2 Yosmite 10.10.1
Socamonarch 2:43 PM - 29 March, 2015
Same issue for me and a couple other DJs as well.
Dangerous 7:20 PM - 31 March, 2015
Hey guys, as a short term fix I re-analysed the offending files using Scratch Live, then just open Serato Dj and play as normal as they share the same library info.

Better than nothing till there's an official fix or 1.7.4 comes out of beta ;)
Yung Grandpa 9:22 AM - 24 February, 2016
Having the same issue with song in the 64-74 bpm range saying they are 93. Extreeeeemly upsetting
DJPETE 215 4:59 PM - 28 February, 2016
yes major problem with the BPMs on serato can't get the range correctly and can't edit even by trying to erase the bpm stored. please fix!!
DJPETE 215 9:50 PM - 28 February, 2016
Back to mixmeister BPM analyzer smh.. I like SDJ but these errors are getting on my nerves..
djdelite 10:26 PM - 3 March, 2016
I'm having same issue SMH.. I jus upgraded to 1.8.1 hoping that would fix it and it has not fixed itself . I was on 1.8.0 and it jus randomly happen like one day POOF my whole library jus came up and needed to be re analyzed.. Seriously that was Wack but I'm doing it now as we speak and manually changing my BPMS but it's mostly 70 jumping to 93.3 even worse I tried mixing one of those songs knowing it was 70 but said 93 an it was off like I had to 70's lined up horrible .. So please let me know a fix as well..
OS X version 10.5
2.7ghz I core 7
16gb ram
I think I'm still on Mavericks never upgraded an really barley upgraded serato Dj because everything worked SOLID..
Even this past Friday I hit play button on my ddj SZ which I use and one side didn't work wouldn't play unless I held down the hot cue button or cue button the whole time if u let go song would stop playing an return to beginning . I had to go over to deck number 4 so let me know please whatever y'all figure out
DJPETE 215 11:04 PM - 3 March, 2016
Upgrade the firmware on that sz hopefully the problem will be fixed if not its defect and needs to be sent to pioneer.
djdelite 12:28 PM - 4 March, 2016
Quote:
Upgrade the firmware on that sz hopefully the problem will be fixed if not its defect and needs to be sent to pioneer.

Ok didn't know thanks I'll try that an let u know
djdelite 3:15 PM - 6 March, 2016
my firmware is updated but my driver is not? ughh so how do u install a driver i know it sounds elementary i downloaded it an clicked on it followed directions said INSTALLED correctly but it still says in the pioneer utility box I'm running on the old drivers still? please help its frustrating
DJ Flent D 7:42 PM - 12 March, 2016
The key to manually changing the bpm is :
If there is a lock on the file
(you will see the lock icon in the far left corner in SDJ library view)
(In the same field you will see the video icon or the corrupt icon)
You can't change any values if that lock is on.
To turn take the lock off: highlight the file - hold cmd + tap the lock
it's now unlocked
If you have multiple files in your library like this. Here is a simple solution
Go to "All" create
Select the first column header for sorting (arrow up or down it doesn't matter)
ALL Your locked tracks will be grouped together
stroll to find the first one - Select it
hold the shift key
stroll to the last locked track - select it (while holding the shift key from your first selection)
All locked files in your library are now highlighted
hole the cmd key
select one file - click on the lock
verify you want to unlock all
Now all your files are unlocked
and you can analyze your file again
Hope this helps
Terrelldr 11:00 PM - 30 August, 2016
The BPM range option is almost pointless since serato likes to double or half the actual track when you use the "bpm range" it just associates the track with whats in that range. say your track is 75bpm and you set the 78-150. its just gonna change it to the 150 because its comparable so its not accurate. So its useless for large analysis since your just gonna have to go back and input the correct range anyways
DJPETE 215 6:27 AM - 30 September, 2016
yes you are correct sadly and i have to do this all the time which is dumb the software should be able to read the bpm correctly.. I do more math with bpms then actually mixing.. smh..
Laz219 6:30 AM - 30 September, 2016
Any BPM analysis can only ever be so accurate.
Half and double times are easy to fix anyway- there is a keyboard shortcut to automatically half/double them. Takes 2 seconds.
hairycary 2:37 PM - 7 March, 2018
I am having BPM analysis issues also. I have Virtual DJ, Serato Pro, Rekordbox DJ all on my PC.
I have analyzed my files (ALAC ripped in Dbpoweramp) in all of these softwares. Can anyone tell me if these analysis could be detrimental to finding the true BPM.
DJ Tecniq 7:48 PM - 7 March, 2018
Simple fix. You can always “lock” the file to stay at the bpm you like.
DJ Tecniq 7:51 PM - 7 March, 2018
For example for dance tracks that get tagged 70 bpm i change them to 140 bpm and lock them so they never change.
hairycary 7:58 PM - 7 March, 2018
Do you mean the lock icon in Serato or are you referring to going into the file properties and making the file read only?
Thanks for your patience
DJ Tecniq 12:16 AM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
Do you mean the lock icon in Serato or are you referring to going into the file properties and making the file read only?
Thanks for your patience
No you can lock any file so that the file data cannot be changed. The lock icon will be placed into the file to signify it’s 🔒
DJ Tecniq 12:18 AM - 8 March, 2018
But to answer you question yes i am talked about the lock icon in Serato. You can set locked files yourself though.
DJ Tecniq 12:23 AM - 8 March, 2018
Here’s an example taken from this page.

support.serato.com

Find a tack you wish to lock, hold control + click in the empty Status column (the first column in the main Library view). A Blue Lock icon will be displayed in this field. Press control + click again on this icon to unlock the track.
DJ Tecniq 12:24 AM - 8 March, 2018
They actually made a typo. Track*