DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Difficulties with setup and installation

Chris LP 7:08 PM - 22 December, 2014
Hi.

I am really confused and somewhat disappointed.

I need some help understanding why Abelton Live Suit 9 and the latest Scratch Live program won’t connect with its internal support in the run.exe of the latest version for Scratch and “The Bridge” ?

I have the latest version of each software. I followed the instructions believing that opening the programs simultaneously would simply bring the bridge into the software interaction. But It doesn’t - Why? There is no Ableton button appearing in Scratch!? And it is clear to see that there is no transport control showing in Live 9 !

Scratch is neither recognising my dicers or the bridge when looking at the setup/pugin section. I can however, use the dicers through internal mode(s), to make cue points and slice the beats as expected, but it is not seeing the dicers/bridge, listing it in the plugin display window as a recognised controller/remote ! ? ! ?

I also wish to use my internal laptop speakers to make/listen to my mixes. I have no other out-board equipment running, no external mixer/controllers or turntables of any description, nor do wish to right now. I simply wish to mix internally, using internal laptop speakers and my headphones whilst using a (pc) laptop (not apple mac) to run and use the software.

I thought you could use the Rane SL3 soundcard and Serato Scratch Live software as a stand-alone without out-board equipment.
E.g. No mixer and nothing other than a (pc) laptop as your output for sound!?

I am using win 8.1 / Ableton Live Suite 9 64bit / Serato Scratch Live / Rane SL3

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Chris
Chris LP 7:11 PM - 22 December, 2014
I want sound and mixing capabilities via laptop speakers alone and I want the bridge and scratch to recognise one-another, e,g BRIDGE! I also want both the dicers and the bridge listed as recognised devices in the setup/plugin window of Scratch Live
Draven1327 8:46 PM - 22 December, 2014
unfortunately you cannot use the laptop speakers other than offline mode (ie single deck mode) if you plug in the sl3 you will have the soundcard but serato will only send out the audio output on individual channels. there is no internal mixer, so you cant really mix.

as far as i understand (the last time i used bridge was with my ttm57 which i sold about a year ago.... ) you must run ableton 9 in 32-bit mode not 64 bit and you must have the serato device plugged in. in serato you will see the bridge button on the left hand middle of the screen side

and i have never used the dicers so i cant really help you there :-)
Chris LP 8:54 PM - 22 December, 2014
Thanks for the info, Dave. Quick question, so does the bridge only work in 32bit platform. there is no 64bit support?

Cheers...
Chris LP 8:58 PM - 22 December, 2014
In answer to my own question...........

QUOTE: Serato.

The 64-bit version of Live does not support The Bridge. Serato and Ableton are currently working together to add support for The Bridge plugin.
Draven1327 9:46 PM - 22 December, 2014
lol yeah this ^^
Code:E 1:27 AM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
lol yeah this ^^

Dont ever expect 64 bit support and dont expect the bridge to come to Serato DJ. Serato putting out expantion that do things closer to what traktors remix decks are, are far more likely.