Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Using my Serato DJ software on Rane 62

nathans1 6:19 AM - 18 December, 2014
I am using Serato DJ with SL2. If I get a Rane 62 is using SDJ as simple as plugging in my usb to the rane 62 and start? Or are there additional steps?
DJ Tecniq 11:02 AM - 18 December, 2014
Quote:
I am using Serato DJ with SL2. If I get a Rane 62 is using SDJ as simple as plugging in my usb to the rane 62 and start? Or are there additional steps?
may want to read the manual but yes it should be plug n play.
raedonquan 2:42 PM - 18 December, 2014
you have to update the driver for the 62.. and firmware

so when you download 1.7.2 and then plug in the 62 it should automatically ask you to update the driver... and firmware.
nathans1 4:12 PM - 18 December, 2014
Ok. Thanks!!!!
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:52 AM - 19 December, 2014
Hey nathans1,

Thanks for getting in touch, raedonquan is right in that you'll need to make sure you have the latest firmware, best way to get started is to connect the Rane Sixty-Two with the latest version of Serato DJ, you'll be prompted to install the driver. Once this is complete and you have restarted your computer, head to the driver panel.

Driver panel
- Mac > Apple > System Preferences > Rane Sixty-Two
- Windows > Control Panel > Rane Sixty-two

With your Rane hardware connected you can update your firmware from this driver panel if need be.

After that you should be good to go!

Cheers
Dave
nathans1 5:03 AM - 19 December, 2014
Quote:
Hey nathans1,

Thanks for getting in touch, raedonquan is right in that you'll need to make sure you have the latest firmware, best way to get started is to connect the Rane Sixty-Two with the latest version of Serato DJ, you'll be prompted to install the driver. Once this is complete and you have restarted your computer, head to the driver panel.

Driver panel
- Mac > Apple > System Preferences > Rane Sixty-Two
- Windows > Control Panel > Rane Sixty-two

With your Rane hardware connected you can update your firmware from this driver panel if need be.

After that you should be good to go!

Cheers
Dave

Thanks!! Its my friends Rane Sixty-Two and I wanted to have a good idea of what to expect before I hooked up my laptop to his mixer. I didn't want to spend one hour just trying to get going instead of playing tracks. Also will I have any conflicts with the fact that the driver and firmware on my laptrop right now are for my SL2 and will there be any problems when I reconnect to my SL2?

Thanks,

Nathan
boabmatic 10:39 AM - 19 December, 2014
you wont have any issues switching between SL2 and 62.

As it was mentioned above, I'd take a read through the online manual for the 62 so you have an idea of all the controls on the mixer.
nathans1 4:02 PM - 19 December, 2014
Quote:
you wont have any issues switching between SL2 and 62.

As it was mentioned above, I'd take a read through the online manual for the 62 so you have an idea of all the controls on the mixer.

For sure. Thanks!!!