DJ Sidies 7:54 PM - 13 December, 2014
1.7.2 & DDJ-SZ working 100%

Very very happy
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:52 AM - 15 December, 2014
Thanks DJ Sidies - always good to hear!

Aaron
djcrap 6:25 PM - 16 December, 2014
I have a random promblem with the pioneer sz cues some times on the right deck dont light up. Also some times randomly on the right side of the controler the song stops responding to the play button when pressed for some reason. And only the cue points do work when pressed.

I remember this being reported in the beta because i run into this issue once during the beta when using rane 68 and 2 denon 3900s

But now this is the second and third time am experiencing this same issue in the final release with my pioeer ddj sz

serato.com
djcrap 6:26 PM - 16 December, 2014
By the way a am on firmwire 1.20 on my pioneer sz
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:31 PM - 16 December, 2014
Hey djcrap

Have you been in touch with Pioneer about this? Given that you have experienced this in three different versions and we have had no other reports with a release version, it sounds like there may be something going on with your unit.

It would be best to get in touch with Pioneer directly to see what they make of it, but also feel free to open a help request at support.serato.com if you want to try some troubleshooting with one of the team.

Cheers,
Aaron
djcrap 3:55 AM - 17 December, 2014
Quote:
Hey djcrap

Have you been in touch with Pioneer about this? Given that you have experienced this in three different versions and we have had no other reports with a release version, it sounds like there may be something going on with your unit.

It would be best to get in touch with Pioneer directly to see what they make of it, but also feel free to open a help request at support.serato.com if you want to try some troubleshooting with one of the team.

Cheers,
Aaron

I didnt mean i have experiecened the issue in three different versions of serato releases. Just to calarify what i meant was that i have experienced the issue in 1.7.2. Three times.

First time being in the candidate release of 1.7.2 beta when using a rane 68 and denon 3900s.

Then the second and third time in the final release of 1.7.2 this week while using my new pioneer ddjsz i had just bought on december 13th last Saturday. Just to clarify again the cue points were working fine with firmwire 1.16 with out issues. The issues with the pioneer sz started after upgrading my firmwire from 1.16 to 1.18. To 1.20

Firmware 1.18 is when i started expericencing this random behavior and then it also has carried over to firmwire 1.20 upgrade which i thought could have fixed it on the sz

But as i said its the same behaviour as how i did the first time on the rane 68 and the denons

I hit the cue button and the platter stopped spinning, but when I hit play, afterwards, it would not start back... Pushing the cue buttons brought normal results (audibly), though there was no activity to be seen on screen. The slave deck operated normally, even on screen.

I tried clicking the GUI cue buttons, to see if they would work the same as the deck, and the program froze at that point. Had to restart the beta to get it working again.

During all the three times this has happened i have noticed that it only happens on the right side of the playing deck or player. Both on the pioneer sz and the rane 68 with denons 3900s.

My guess its a software midi issue in sdj 1.7.2 on the right side deck this this bug was first reported in this thread serato.com But again it could also be a bug with the pioneer sz midi code miss firing who knows
djcrap 4:08 AM - 17 December, 2014
^^^^ The cues on the right side not lighting first bug and second bug ( just to clarify in this bug the cues light up and are functional) the play button not responding to comands happen randomly and its hard to reproduce. Just a restart of sdj fixs every thing cues light up and the play button works again back to normal thats why i have not bothered to file a help request because am still testing to see how i can be able to reproduce it.

Any way just give me some more time with this pioneer sz and see if i can reproduce the bugs on command then i will file a helo request.
djcrap 4:15 AM - 17 December, 2014
Aaron i see pioneer says in firmwire 1.20 it fixed a mid conflict........ Maybe as they fixed that it introduced other mid conflicts bugs on the sz who knows.

This is what it says on there support page
Fixed a MIDI conflict issue where the same MIDI code was assigned to multiple operations on DDJ-SZ.(Dec. 15, 2014 Updated)
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:46 PM - 17 December, 2014
Ah okay, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

We have had some reports of similar behaviour (with similar frustrating difficulty in trying to reproduce). Keep trying to find a good way to reproduce and let us know. I'll talk to some people at my end about what they think may be happening.

Can you reproduce the issue with Serato DJ 1.7.1 or before? Also, if you roll back the firmware, does the issue still present? Knowing these two things will help us narrow down any investigation.

I would highly recommend opening a thread with Pioneer too - at the very least so they have a record of a user report in their system.

Cheers,
Aaron