Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video djing start up

DJ Marv the Maverick 10:17 AM - 22 November, 2014
Just about to dip my toes into video djing.

Nothing too intensive just subtle synced visuals (loops and short samples) running from the same laptop at some gigs (Clubs, Weddings, Mobile and Corporate Functions).

I might decide to do some video mix down the line but that wont be the core of my performance, its gonna be a hard task to have to start building an entire video library

I've looked at demo videos for Serato Video and ME. More confused than ever...where should my $150 go?

In terms of possible midi/control devices I've got the DDJ SX, Rane 62, Kontrol X1, ipad 2

Thanks
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:48 PM - 22 November, 2014
Well Mix Emergency is the better of the 2 but the money you pay for SV also goes into the devolpment of Serato in general (I assume anyways) so I'd just get both, lol!

In the long run M.E. is probably gonna be better suited for your needs no matter which route you decide to go when it comes to video.

So I guess buy M.E. first then SV as it also works on PC's in case you'd ever need to.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:57 PM - 22 November, 2014
Went with ME. I dont have a Windows system anyways.

Thanks.
lvmez 9:07 PM - 22 November, 2014
Download your 40 videos from Xtendamix since your in Europe, Good luck.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:23 PM - 24 November, 2014
@ivmez is that for Mix Emergency users or Serato Video? The 40 videos.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:41 PM - 24 November, 2014
I have some personal videos that I will like to replace the original audio with better quality mp3 or flac audio.

What's the easiest program to use for this kinda job? I'm on osx.

It might not be a straight audio swap, I will like to be able to line up the audio to the video so that I won't have lip flap if I'm doing extended intros or short edits.
lvmez 4:15 PM - 24 November, 2014
Lol. It's MP4 videos. They work for all video programs. Only for Canada and Europe users.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:54 PM - 24 November, 2014
@ivmez, do i get the free videos if i buy serato video or mixemergency?
lvmez 3:29 PM - 25 November, 2014
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:17 PM - 25 November, 2014
Doesn't apply to me. Thanks for the heads up