Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Why can't i upload an avatar picture to my profile?

Star David 8:43 PM - 31 October, 2014
Why can't i upload an avatar picture to my profile?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 10:49 PM - 2 November, 2014
Hi Star David,

Can you please elaborate on what your issue is? Are you receiving an error?

I've managed to upload an avatar just fine on my side, so any further input would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Star David 11:20 PM - 2 November, 2014
Not sure why . I can choose a file to upload then it asks to wait while the file is uploaded but it never uploads. I will try a 10.8.5 combo update and see if the issue is with safari but its just not letting me upload a jpeg.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 12:19 AM - 3 November, 2014
Hey Star David,

Hmm that's definitely odd. I've tried uploading an avatar in Safari on 10.9.5 and that's worked OK. Unfortunately I don't have a 10.8 machine on-hand to test, but at this stage I'm not too suspicious of 10.8 being the culprit.

Could you please try using Firefox or Google Chrome and report back? Also please note that there is a 3MB file size limit on avatars, so it could be that you're trying to upload something too large.

Cheers.
Star David 12:50 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Hey Star David,

Hmm that's definitely odd. I've tried uploading an avatar in Safari on 10.9.5 and that's worked OK. Unfortunately I don't have a 10.8 machine on-hand to test, but at this stage I'm not too suspicious of 10.8 being the culprit.

Could you please try using Firefox or Google Chrome and report back? Also please note that there is a 3MB file size limit on avatars, so it could be that you're trying to upload something too large.

Cheers.

Thanks ERU G! That was the issue. In my defence how was I supposed to know that it was a 3mb limit on avatars?
thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 1:03 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Thanks ERU G! That was the issue. In my defence how was I supposed to know that it was a 3mb limit on avatars?

Haha, fair enough. It *should* have given you an error message after failing to upload to say that the file size needed to be under 3MB, but you're right, that isn't illustrated up front at all.

Glad we got your issue sorted.

Cheers.
Star David 1:18 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, fair enough. It *should* have given you an error message after failing to upload to say that the file size needed to be under 3MB, but you're right, that isn't illustrated up front at all.

Glad we got your issue sorted.

Cheers.

Well unfortunately this small one . My major issue is my Serato scratch live and serato DJ are acting erratically to the point that its useless. Can you help out with that thread too, since I have been trying to resolve this since Oct. 11th and I feel like my software has been hacked.
Thanks
Star David 1:19 AM - 3 November, 2014