Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Why can't I start a discussion in Scratch live help forum area?

Star David 2:18 AM - 31 October, 2014
Why can't I start a discussion in Scratch live help forum area? there is no start discussion button , only in features midi and rane mixers
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 10:53 PM - 2 November, 2014
Hey Star David,

If you're looking for technical support, the best way to do that is through our support channel here: support.serato.com
Star David 11:16 PM - 2 November, 2014
Thanks ERU G . I wish that was the case. I have contacted tech support since Oct. 11th and haven't received any prompt responses or help to fix or replace the software issue. I was told last week I would get a phone call and never received one. The reason I am trying to post on the forums is so I can get SOME help before I lose more gigs because of corrupted software.
Thnx
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:50 AM - 3 November, 2014
Hey Star David

Someone will give you a call today. I'm afraid we don't make calls out over the weekend and we've just seen that Matt passed your number over late on Friday.

From reviewing all of your tickets and the troubleshooting Matt has done with you, I'm afraid it does seem like there is an issue specifically with your computer. We're happy to continue troubleshooting with you to try and get everything running smoothly, but if we can't sort it in a phone call, you might want to start thinking about taking it to a computer tech.

Cheers
Aaron
Star David 12:55 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Hey Star David

Someone will give you a call today. I'm afraid we don't make calls out over the weekend and we've just seen that Matt passed your number over late on Friday.

From reviewing all of your tickets and the troubleshooting Matt has done with you, I'm afraid it does seem like there is an issue specifically with your computer. We're happy to continue troubleshooting with you to try and get everything running smoothly, but if we can't sort it in a phone call, you might want to start thinking about taking it to a computer tech.

Cheers
Aaron

Thanks Aaron. but before we start pointing fingers that this is my problem and my computer is at fault or its an "Apple " issue , i would like to mention everything else works fine, just serato scratch live and serato DJ are behaving erractically. Meaning its not functioning properly and makes Dj'ing almost impossible with this software. I have tried other DJ software in the meantime that WORK perfectly fine. just serato doesn't work.
Star David 12:58 AM - 3 November, 2014
Also I will be working tomorrow from 8am till 2pm . If someone can call me after 2pm i would appreciate it.
Thankx
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:09 AM - 3 November, 2014
Cool man. Sorry, I wasn't meaning to point fingers - more that I want to help you get going again as quickly as possible. From reading the steps Matt has taken, I agree with where he thinks the issue most likely is lying and it can often save a lot of time and frustration to get a simple diagnostic test done by a tech in situations like this.

Someone will give you a call around 3-3:30pm your time tomorrow.

Cheers
Star David 1:21 AM - 3 November, 2014
From reading the steps Matt has taken, I agree with where he thinks the issue most likely is lying and it can often save a lot of time and frustration to get a simple diagnostic test done by a tech in situations like this.

????
What do you mean??
Star David 1:21 AM - 3 November, 2014
Hey Aaron can you clarify your previous post.
Thanks
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:53 AM - 3 November, 2014
Sure man, no problem.

When Matt says the following, I agree with him:

Quote:
I'm going to get straight to the point, from all the information you have provided, testing multiple versions and hardware and computers, its pointing at the computer you are using as the problem.
I could assume you have a conflicting driver installed or some other process that is messing with the computer, but its really not easy to tell on my end.
I'm going to suggest backing up your library and Serato folders and do a complete re install of your OS.

Have you tried re-installing your OS yet? If not, it looks like this would be a good idea. If you have and the issue still persists, then a local computer tech may be able to help as there could be a hard drive or other hardware problem at play.

Very often we go to the ends of the earth and back with users in situations like this, only to have the issue finally resolved by a visit with a local tech and a computer hardware fix. Just want to help you out here man.

We'll give you a call at the agreed time tomorrow to see what we can try with you to help get you sorted. Best to just keep in the back of your mind that we may not be able to troubleshoot the issue if it is computer hardware related.

Aaron
Star David 2:11 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Cool man. Sorry, I wasn't meaning to point fingers - more that I want to help you get going again as quickly as possible. From reading the steps Matt has taken, I agree with where he thinks the issue most likely is lying and it can often save a lot of time and frustration to get a simple diagnostic test done by a tech in situations like this.

Someone will give you a call around 3-3:30pm your time tomorrow.

Cheers

Ok . I just didn't understand what this meant:
From reading the steps Matt has taken, I agree with where he thinks the issue most likely is lying and it can often
was that just a typo?
Star David 6:43 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Sure man, no problem.

When Matt says the following, I agree with him:

Quote:
I'm going to get straight to the point, from all the information you have provided, testing multiple versions and hardware and computers, its pointing at the computer you are using as the problem.
I could assume you have a conflicting driver installed or some other process that is messing with the computer, but its really not easy to tell on my end.
I'm going to suggest backing up your library and Serato folders and do a complete re install of your OS.

Have you tried re-installing your OS yet? If not, it looks like this would be a good idea. If you have and the issue still persists, then a local computer tech may be able to help as there could be a hard drive or other hardware problem at play.

Very often we go to the ends of the earth and back with users in situations like this, only to have the issue finally resolved by a visit with a local tech and a computer hardware fix. Just want to help you out here man.

We'll give you a call at the agreed time tomorrow to see what we can try with you to help get you sorted. Best to just keep in the back of your mind that we may not be able to troubleshoot the issue if it is computer hardware related.

Aaron

Hi aaron just hoping you can clarify your post , not sure i know what your talking about but back to the pointing fingers right away at it not being a serato issue, all other dj software works fine just serato isn't working. Also Serato works in internal mode just fine but when i put it in ABS or relative mode it doesn't work and is useless.