DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Why can't I start a discussion in Scratch live help forum area?

Star David 2:12 AM - 31 October, 2014
Why can't I start a discussion in Scratch live help forum area? Only in the feature, midi or rane mixers area
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:42 PM - 31 October, 2014
Hey Star David,

I'm not sure? I would email support@serato.com and ask them about it.
Star David 5:42 PM - 31 October, 2014
Hi Zach , I am currently emailing serato for tech support and was supposed to receive a phone call today but never got one have sound check at 5pm. Can you please get involved in all the issues that are going on with serato . Thanks #39099
Also the start discussion button just for scratch live help forum is not there . Every other place on the forum has it except scratch live help. Any thoughts?
thanks
Star David 5:43 PM - 31 October, 2014
I had to start my discussion of my software related issues in the serato dj general discussion area.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:08 PM - 31 October, 2014
Give me a direct link to your thread and I'll see what I can do.
Star David 7:48 PM - 31 October, 2014
Star David 8:45 PM - 31 October, 2014
Also :
Why can't i upload an avatar picture to my profile? seems to be a lot of problems for me with serato. Tech support said they would call me today too and never did and i have a gig tonight, not to mention the amount of money I have lost not accepting gigs because my serato software isn't working properly or is corrupted
Star David 10:18 PM - 2 November, 2014
Hey Zach not getting much help from the serato team right now. Can you please help out?
Star David 6:45 PM - 3 November, 2014
Zach my Serato works in internal mode but is useless in ABS and relative mode. Can you help out?
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:12 PM - 3 November, 2014
Are you using SSL or SDJ?

If you experience the same issue in both programs lets just focus on getting SSL sorted out.

Do you have a CD player to test with?
I would not use turntables because they have so many problem spots.
It does sound like the issue you are having is due to tracking since it works perfectly fine in INT mode.
Star David 12:03 AM - 4 November, 2014
serato.com
Not sure if you read this thread yet
Star David 12:06 AM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
Are you using SSL or SDJ?

If you experience the same issue in both programs lets just focus on getting SSL sorted out.

Do you have a CD player to test with?
I would not use turntables because they have so many problem spots.
It does sound like the issue you are having is due to tracking since it works perfectly fine in INT mode.

i wil try cd player tonight but i only have one so will be using tables on the other side and then i will swap rca cables and see if it happens on both sides. I thought it has to be a tracking issue too but other strange things are happening like instant doubles not lining up properly and play from first cue point not working and waveform glitches and audi dropouts and pitchy noises on playback of my recorded sets.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:18 PM - 4 November, 2014
Are any of those other issues happening in INT mode?

Do you have 'play from first cue point' selected in the Setup screen?

As for audio dropouts.. do you actually see the red, yellow, or orange USB light coming on at the top of the screen? (once again I want to test with just SSL)

When you test with a CD player make sure you change the audio input switches on the back of the mixer to line/cd.

Play the control disc and look at your scope views.
Are you seeing good circles?
Are you getting close to 100% tracking (found in the lower right corner of the scope views)

Star David 1:32 AM - 5 November, 2014
Internal mode seems to be good. No problems there. Except i still get the glitchy waveforms even when i have the offline player on . haven't noticed the red usb light come on which is strange because the recorded sets have audio dropouts pitch fluctuation and noise. Here are some clips showing the pitch fluctuation (on perfectly calibrated turntables). and waveform glitches.
www.dropbox.com
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:27 PM - 5 November, 2014
The issue looks like your turntables are having pitch fluctuations.
You can't expect both turntables to constantly play at the same pitch. There will be pitch fluctuations that occur due to whats called 'wow and flutter' which is caused by the rotation of the vinyl on the turntable.
One of your decks also might have a problem with its pitch slider which is offsetting it even more.
Test this theory with a CD player. They don't suffer from wow and flutter (although they will still have minor pitch fluctuations).

At this point I"m pointing to one or both of your turntables as being the problem.

Have you calibrated your decks properly? --> support.serato.com

When you first instant double is it on at first but then drifts? If so this would also point to a pitch fluctuation coming from your turntables.

If you aren't seeing the USB dropout light coming on than you aren't suffering from USB dropouts.

I would test with two CD players and see where you are at.
Star David 5:19 PM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
You can't expect both turntables to constantly play at the same pitch. There will be pitch fluctuations that occur due to whats called 'wow and flutter' which is caused by the rotation of the vinyl on the turntable.
One of your decks also might have a problem with its pitch slider which is offsetting it even more.
Test this theory with a CD player. They don't suffer from wow and flutter (although they will still have minor pitch fluctuations).

At this point I"m pointing to one or both of your turntables as being the problem.

When you first instant double is it on at first but then drifts? If so this would also point to a pitch fluctuation coming from your turntables.

If you aren't seeing the USB dropout light coming on than you aren't suffering from USB dropouts.

Thanks Zach seems like its time to give in and buy a pair of cdjs. Unfortunately I have calibrated my decks properly and calibrated both turntables and have adjusted the pitch knob inside both turntables according to techniques specs so It is very precise. Not to mention again I have tried four different pairs of turntables. There is no way all four pairs of turntables have the exact same pitch issue and all four the right deck has to be +2% in order for them to beat match. I think you were on to something when you mentioned it might be a tracking issue with my computer my serato or my control vinyl ( although ihave tried four different pairs).Also when i do instant doubles the right deck starts around 1 bar or 1 beat behind the other one always. And lets not forget play from first cue point was not working right and my waveforms are vibrating.
Star David 10:10 PM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Zach seems like its time to give in and buy a pair of cdjs. Unfortunately I have calibrated my decks properly and calibrated both turntables and have adjusted the pitch knob inside both turntables according to techniques specs so It is very precise. Not to mention again I have tried four different pairs of turntables. There is no way all four pairs of turntables have the exact same pitch issue and all four the right deck has to be +2% in order for them to beat match. I think you were on to something when you mentioned it might be a tracking issue with my computer my serato or my control vinyl ( although ihave tried four different pairs).Also when i do instant doubles the right deck starts around 1 bar or 1 beat behind the other one always. And lets not forget play from first cue point was not working right and my waveforms are vibrating.
Star David 10:10 PM - 6 November, 2014
Seriously why can't i start a conversation on the scratch live forum?
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:33 PM - 6 November, 2014
Serato still hasn't got back to you about that or any of your other inquiries?
I'm sorry brother:(

Send me your email and I'll email the support staff for you.
Star David 10:38 PM - 6 November, 2014
I can't start a scratch live discussion and I can't send you an email either . I clicked send message and it won't let me send and your name does appear in the to field. Seems very strange . Any thoughts why or what I should do?
Star David 10:40 PM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:
I can't start a scratch live discussion and I can't send you an email either . I clicked send message and it won't let me send and your name does appear in the to field. Seems very strange . Any thoughts why or what I should do?

Sorry *with field contact Zach s. for non support related issues….
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:22 PM - 7 November, 2014
You can't send an email through your actual email account?

zachs@rane.com
Star David 6:51 AM - 8 November, 2014
For sure I just thought it would be easier to do it through the website contact.
Star David 8:55 PM - 8 November, 2014
Just sent you an E-mail .
Thanks again Zach