Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

My Serato software is not working broken hacked or corrupted glitches dropouts..

Star David 6:25 AM - 27 October, 2014
I really need help with this issue. I have tried everything but my Scratch live 2.5 and serato DJ 1.7.1 are both not working properly. They both have the same glitchy waveforms the tracks seem to push and pull the pitch fluctuates between .4% but sounds like its going up and down more . The pitch tracking is not working right on one deck I would be up 2% and on the other deck in order to beat match the Same song I will have to move the pitch up to 4% for them to somewhat stay in beat, although after a few seconds the waveforms start pushing and pulling and everything goes out of sync. There are audio glitches when i listen back to recordings. The screen is acting wired like never before. waveforms are vibrating and going dim to bright like flashing. it is impossible to have two tracks mixed simultaniously for more than two seconds or both will push and pull out of the beat matching. I have to press internal as soon as i mix a song otherwise it will sound awful and the pitch will fluctuate during the song making it sound like a broken tape. i tried to switch to serato dj but its doing it in that program as well. What is going on? Can someone have bugged my software with some sort of code or easter egg? It was working fine up until a month ago when i started noticing the glitchy waveforms. I am running a macbook pro purchased last year with osx 10.8.5 2.7 ghz intel core i7 and 8gb memory. PLEASE HELP
Star David 6:33 AM - 27 October, 2014
I also should mention i have tried a rane sixty two mixer and sly and a rane ttm 56 and four pairs of turntables and one cdj. I have checked five other dis software that definitley are working good and have no issues . The waveforms are speeding on the screen like an alcoholic driving home from a bar. This is ridiculous. This didn't happen before and no one else i know has this issue. The pitch fluctuating makes it nearly impossible to mix for more than a few seconds . The waveforms are pushing and pulling and SO IS THE AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Help
Star David 6:34 AM - 27 October, 2014
^ rane sixty two mixer and SL1
DJMark 6:45 AM - 27 October, 2014
First/easiest thing I'd suspect is the computer overheating (possibly from dust-clogged heatsink/fans), and the CPU going into throttling as a result. Especially considering the wide variances in setups on which you're seeing the issues...the one constant seems to be your computer.

If you haven't already tried it, vacuum out the vent under the screen and see if that changes anything.
Star David 7:13 AM - 27 October, 2014
Thanks Dj Mark . Never heard of that being an issue before. I did mention this is a brand new computer so I wouldn't think its more or less clogged than any other dis computer i have tried but i will vacuum. Any tips on how to do this properly?
Star David 7:16 AM - 27 October, 2014
Also I would like to mention that the beat matching visual between the waveforms is so erratic , I've never seen anything like this before. It pushes and pulls like its skating on ice. When i move the control vinyl forward it moves backwards fat and vice versa. It never is able to line up and even a little movement jerks this visual off the screen. By the way i have re- analyzed all my tracks and rescanned all id3 tags.
Star David 6:00 PM - 27 October, 2014
Any other suggestions from anyone?
Djaward 6:31 PM - 27 October, 2014
Can you post a video of whats going on?
DJMark 12:59 AM - 28 October, 2014
Tips on how to vacuum...just use a hose with a clean attachment, and use it on the rear vent as well as the jacks and optical drive slot on the sides (or, in the case of a Retina, the vents on the sides near the bottom).

If that simple troubleshooting step doesn't seem to help then it's time to look into other things. Such as, are the fan(s) spinning or not?

Should also ask...have you made any recent configuration changes like OS updates recently?
pdidy 4:50 AM - 28 October, 2014
in regards to possible heat issues, do you have smcFanControl installed ?
Star David 8:11 PM - 28 October, 2014
I have optimized my computer according to serato specs . I haven't installed smcfancontrol only because i was afraid it would add to cpu usage. I don't think its the fan since the problem starts as soon as I turn the computer on and fire up Serato scratch or Dj without anything being Hot. I did take some video but its 600mb whats the best way to upload these clips?
pdidy 8:17 PM - 28 October, 2014
There's no reason for a 3 min clip to be that large.....lol

YouTube sounds like a good place to post videos.
DJMark 8:25 PM - 28 October, 2014
Try creating a new user in the OS, and see if there are still issues when logged in as that user.

If you're still seeing the same thing, then try doing a clean install of the Mac OS onto a spare drive...then boot from that drive and see if problems still persist.

Those will help narrow down whether issues are from software/OS or your computer's hardware.

I've used SMC Fan Control since around 2007, and have never seen it cause any problems with CPU usage. But "I don't think its the fan since the problem starts as soon as I turn the computer on and fire up Serato scratch or Dj without anything being Hot." does seem to indicate some issue not related to simple overheating.

Did you make ANY changes immediately before the issues started?
Star David 3:48 AM - 29 October, 2014
No I haven't made any changes and i will try creating a new user . If one of the moderators can please get in on this i wold appreciate it since i reported this issue to serato on oct. 11 and i am not taking gigs till this is resolved.
Thanks
pdidy 3:54 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
No I haven't made any changes

So was it ALWAYS malfunctioning from day one or was it working properly for a long period of time and then malfunctioned for no reason what so ever ?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:58 AM - 29 October, 2014
Hey there,

I'd recommend talking to our support team! They are here to help :) You can open a help request here: support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
Star David 4:01 AM - 29 October, 2014
I just purchased this macbook pro last year. Serato was working fine nice and tight slow waveforms no glitches no flashing vibrating waveforms no pitch problems and about two months ago i started noticing problems that have became worse and worse and have rendered my serato software useless. I have tried to change my settings and preferences and re install scratch live and serato DJ and nothing works
pdidy 4:02 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Hey there,

I'd recommend talking to our support team! They are here to help :) You can open a help request here: support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.

Quote:
i reported this issue to serato on oct. 11 and i am not taking gigs till this is resolved.
Thanks
Star David 4:03 AM - 29 October, 2014
Can someone hack into sertao software like an easter egg to cause glitches in the software. I may have left my computer unattended on tour two times and let two other djs use it.
Star David 4:09 AM - 29 October, 2014
My videos are long only because it gradually gets worse and worse . I can redo the video to just show the worst part but that would not do justice to how messed up this situation is.
Star David 4:12 AM - 29 October, 2014
And again i checked the calibration of the turntables and have crossed checked with three other pairs and three other djs this is an issue with my software/computer
pdidy 4:17 AM - 29 October, 2014
What do your scope views look like support.serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:56 AM - 29 October, 2014
If you've got a help ticket reference let us know and we can chase it up to get you some help from our support team.

Also have you checked your junk/spam folders in your email in case of a reply?

Keen to get you some help!

Sam.
Star David 4:43 AM - 30 October, 2014
Not sure if I mentioned my instant doubles aren't working either. When i try to do instant doubles from either deck its always around a beat behind the other one no matter at what pitch and even at quartz lock 0%. I tried to add a different user and see how serato would work and strangely enough the pitch problem still happened but not as bad and the waveforms weren't flashing as much but still jerking. Also the beat grid was disabled for some reason as a new user and none of the bar or beat grid information carried over, just waveforms.
Star David 4:44 AM - 30 October, 2014
Your request (39099) has been updated
Star David 4:45 AM - 30 October, 2014
i think thats the number ^
Star David 4:50 AM - 30 October, 2014
@pdidy my scopes look just like the picture all good but the platter speed number keeps fluctuating between 33.3 and 33.4 % really fast
Star David 5:02 AM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:

@pdidy my scopes look just like the picture all good but the platter speed number keeps fluctuating between 33.3 and 33.4 % really fast
DJMark 7:20 AM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Are you by any chance playing the record at 45rpm instead of 33?
Star David 4:38 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you by any chance playing the record at 45rpm instead of 33?

No chance. my software is not working properly :/
Star David 5:17 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Not sure if I mentioned my instant doubles aren't working either. When i try to do instant doubles from either deck its always around a beat behind the other one no matter at what pitch and even at quartz lock 0%. I tried to add a different user and see how serato would work and strangely enough the pitch problem still happened but not as bad and the waveforms weren't flashing as much but still jerking. Also the beat grid was disabled for some reason as a new user and none of the bar or beat grid information carried over, just waveforms.
Star David 5:17 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
And again i checked the calibration of the turntables and have crossed checked with three other pairs and three other djs this is an issue with my software/computer
Star David 1:28 AM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
I really need help with this issue. I have tried everything but my Scratch live 2.5 and serato DJ 1.7.1 are both not working properly. They both have the same glitchy waveforms the tracks seem to push and pull the pitch fluctuates between .4% but sounds like its going up and down more . The pitch tracking is not working right on one deck I would be up 2% and on the other deck in order to beat match the Same song I will have to move the pitch up to 4% for them to somewhat stay in beat, although after a few seconds the waveforms start pushing and pulling and everything goes out of sync. There are audio glitches when i listen back to recordings. The screen is acting wired like never before. waveforms are vibrating and going dim to bright like flashing. it is impossible to have two tracks mixed simultaniously for more than two seconds or both will push and pull out of the beat matching. I have to press internal as soon as i mix a song otherwise it will sound awful and the pitch will fluctuate during the song making it sound like a broken tape. i tried to switch to serato dj but its doing it in that program as well. What is going on? Can someone have bugged my software with some sort of code or easter egg? It was working fine up until a month ago when i started noticing the glitchy waveforms. I am running a macbook pro purchased last year with osx 10.8.5 2.7 ghz intel core i7 and 8gb memory. PLEASE HELP

So am i the only person in the world or on this forum that has experienced this?
pdidy 3:01 AM - 31 October, 2014
this sound like a laptop issue but cant be sure till serato support checks it out.
pdidy 3:03 AM - 31 October, 2014
if you have access to another mac you could narrow it down very quickly ;)
Star David 3:11 AM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:

I do have access to another laptop, a 1.67 ghz power pc 10.4.11
Star David 3:12 AM - 31 October, 2014
@pdidy what do you suggest I try?
pdidy 3:19 AM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
power pc 10.4.11

nope, too old and not up to spec.

Quote:
@pdidy what do you suggest I try?

you could do a backup (if you no how) an clean install while you're waiting. worst that could happen is you waste an hour if it doesn't work.
Star David 3:48 AM - 31 October, 2014
If i do a clean install would that preserve all beatgrids/beatmaps midi settings preferences and cue points? I know it should the reason I'm asking is because when i created a new user ( aside from instant doubles not working for either)
Quote:
Quote:
pdidy 4:35 AM - 31 October, 2014
If your last backup didn't work then I would not recommend it until you figure out why.

Do you use an external or anything else connected to your computer ?
Star David 5:13 AM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
If your last backup didn't work then I would not recommend it until you figure out why.

Do you use an external or anything else connected to your computer ?

No on my new macbook everything is internal.
Sorry i wasn't clear before Dj mark suggested creating a new user/admin and trying serato with a new user which i did but that was strange too " I tried to add a different user and see how serato would work and strangely enough the pitch problem still happened but not as bad and the waveforms weren't flashing as much but still jerking. Also the beat grid was disabled for some reason as a new user and none of the bar or beat grid information carried over, just waveforms." I wasn't sure why beatgrid would be disabled and none of the bar or beat grid information carried over, just waveforms when i created a new user . any thoughts?
signs 8:16 AM - 31 October, 2014
... enable sync and your beatgrids should be back
DJMark 11:55 AM - 31 October, 2014
Is anything else on the computer (other apps) running funny/displaying signs of distress in any way?

I'll leave you with one more possible troubleshooting step until someone from Serato can help you:

Download from Apple the "Combo Update" for OS X 10.8.5 (that's what you're using, right?), and run it.

support.apple.com

Strange as it may seem, I've seen a few cases where running Combo Updates has fixed some odd issues that didn't respond to more normal troubleshooting techniques.
Star David 5:32 PM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
... enable sync and your beatgrids should be back

No sync in scratch live. Are you suggesting i do it in serato DJ as the different admin and my beatgrids will show up back in both scratch live and DJ?
Star David 5:37 PM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
Is anything else on the computer (other apps) running funny/displaying signs of distress in any way?

I'll leave you with one more possible troubleshooting step until someone from Serato can help you:

Download from Apple the "Combo Update" for OS X 10.8.5 (that's what you're using, right?), and run it.

support.apple.com

Strange as it may seem, I've seen a few cases where running Combo Updates has fixed some odd issues that didn't respond to more normal troubleshooting techniques.

My computer 10.8.5 is fully updated except for pro dmc firmware update , didn't think i needed this update because my battery works fine. mac app store update because App Store works fine. remote desk top client 3.7.1 because i don't use remote desktop client and java for osx 2013-005 1.0. wasn't sure about the last one. What are your thoughts should I update these ? Would it really have any affect on serato software/hardware? thanks @DJ Mark
Star David 7:54 PM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:

support.apple.com

Also when i repair disk permissions I get this every time but I don't think it has anything to do with serato , just safari :
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Japanese.lproj/BookmarkT
itleChange.nib”;should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Japanese.lproj/BookmarkT
itleChange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/pt.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
ange.nib”;should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/pt.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
ange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/BookmarkTitl
eChange.nib”;should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/BookmarkTitl
eChange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/BookmarkTi
tleChange.nib”;should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/BookmarkTi
tleChange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/da.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/da.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
ange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/uk.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/uk.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
ange.nib”

Permissions repair complete

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Japanese.lproj/BookmarkT
itleChange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/pt.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
ange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Dutch.lproj/BookmarkTitl
eChange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/BookmarkTi
tleChange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/da.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
ange.nib”
Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/uk.lproj/BookmarkTitleCh
ange.nib”

Verifying volume “Macintosh HD”
Checking file systemPerforming live verification.
Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
Checking extents overflow file.
Checking catalog file.
Checking multi-linked files.
Checking catalog hierarchy.
Checking extended attributes file.
Checking volume bitmap.
Checking volume information.
The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK.

itleChange.nib”
ange.nib”
eChange.nib”
tleChange.nib”
ange.nib”
ange.nib”

itleChange.nib”
ange.nib”
eChange.nib”
tleChange.nib”
ange.nib”
ange.nib”
DJMark 11:18 PM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
My computer 10.8.5 is fully updated

To be clear: I was aware you're already on 10.8.5.

What I was saying is that I've seen cases where running a Combo Update on an existing OS of the same version managed to fix things.

You could also try a completely clean OS installation (perhaps using a spare drive).

I always do the "minor" OS updates with the Combo Updaters...they're larger downloads, but less likely to leave things screwed up compared to the "delta updaters" you get through Software Update/App Store.
Star David 11:33 PM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
My computer 10.8.5 is fully updated

To be clear: I was aware you're already on 10.8.5.

What I was saying is that I've seen cases where running a Combo Update on an existing OS of the same version managed to fix things.

You could also try a completely clean OS installation (perhaps using a spare drive).

I always do the "minor" OS updates with the Combo Updaters...they're larger downloads, but less likely to leave things screwed up compared to the "delta updaters" you get through Software Update/App Store.

I think i get what your saying but how would I do that now that i already updated certain things separately without a combo update? Should I download the most up to date combo update from apple and run the installer and see what happens?
DJMark 11:51 PM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
Should I download the most up to date combo update from apple and run the installer and see what happens?

Yes.

Clone your boot drive first.
Star David 11:13 PM - 2 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Should I download the most up to date combo update from apple and run the installer and see what happens?

Yes.

Clone your boot drive first.

I tried didn't make any difference. Still haven't been contacted by serato tech support. Still missing gigs because of this. Such a horrible situation to be in when software isn't working properly or has possibly been hacked or corrupted. At least I should be getting email response. Nothing
DJMark 12:01 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
I tried didn't make any difference.

Next step: try a clean OS install.
Star David 12:44 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I tried didn't make any difference.

Next step: try a clean OS install.

Thanks DJ mark. I will try to re-install my OSX tomorrow . In the event this does not change the erratic behavior of my serato software, What Then? Am i out 2000$ on a new rane mixer i purchased and my old hardware because of this software issue?
Again I am pointing out:
1 am i the only person in the world and in the history of Serato uses with Osx 10.8.5 that this has suddenly happened too?
2If my software has been hacked isn't that an issue serato would like to get to the bottom of?
3 why is serato not helping on this thread or with any more emails since a week a go and not calling me which they said they would?
4 why can i not start a thread on the serato scratch live help forum and when i ask I am told to start a ticket with serato tech support which I did on Oct. 11th and its nov. 2nd and i still can't use my software properly.
thnx
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:43 AM - 3 November, 2014
Hey Star David

As discussed in your other thread, someone will give you a call at the agreed time tomorrow.

Cheers
Aaron
pdidy 4:55 AM - 3 November, 2014
What is the year and model # of your mac support.apple.com ? Did you purchase it new or used ?
pdidy 5:02 AM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:

So you still have not tested a different mac that meets requirements with your serato hardware ?
Star David 6:34 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I do have access to another laptop, a 1.67 ghz power pc 10.4.11

Quote:
Quote:

So you still have not tested a different mac that meets requirements with your serato hardware ?
Star David 6:37 PM - 3 November, 2014
Like I mentioned before, I also have had five other dis use my rane sixty two and my Sl1 set up with absolutely no problems at all, and have tried four different pairs of turntables. My Serato seems Ok when in internal mode but as soon as i put it in relative mode and ABS it goes crazy and is useless.
Star David 6:39 PM - 3 November, 2014
Add to the problem list : I have start from first cue point checked and that does not work ,This function doesn't work both offline and with the hardware connected. instant doubles does not work as well.
Star David 4:17 AM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
Can you post a video of whats going on?

Here are some clips showing the erratic pitch and also that to beat match one deck is pitched at 2% and the other one has to be at 4%. Alsoo the glitchy waveforms.
www.dropbox.com
pdidy 5:06 AM - 5 November, 2014
Now put on 2 real records without serato, do you get the same pitch issues ?

If so then the problem is your turntables not serato or laptop.

This should take you 2 minute to figure out.
Star David 7:26 PM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
Now put on 2 real records without serato, do you get the same pitch issues ?

If so then the problem is your turntables not serato or laptop.

This should take you 2 minute to figure out.

That was the first thing i tried and have gone back to spinning vinyl rather than using serato because it is not working properly. Unfortunately I have calibrated my decks properly and calibrated both turntables and have adjusted the pitch knob inside both turntables according to techniques specs so It is very precise. Not to mention again I have tried four different pairs of turntables. There is no way all four pairs of turntables have the exact same pitch issue and all four the right deck has to be +2% in order for them to beat match. I think you were on to something when you mentioned it might be a tracking issue with my computer my serato or my control vinyl ( although ihave tried four different pairs).Also when i do instant doubles the right deck starts around 1 bar or 1 beat behind the other one always. And lets not forget play from first cue point was not working right and my waveforms are vibrating. plus i have tried 4 different pairs of turntables that other djs using serato have had no problem with. if it was the turntables then they would also have +2% pitch difference.
pdidy 8:10 PM - 5 November, 2014
Star David 10:03 PM - 6 November, 2014

Not sure what that means but can you please offer some more assistance? Why won't people on the forum be interested in this software glitch or trying to fix this serato issue?
Star David 10:11 PM - 6 November, 2014
Do i need to start a new thread?
pdidy 10:18 PM - 6 November, 2014
What happen with your meeting with Serato Support ?
pdidy 10:19 PM - 6 November, 2014
Have you tried to clean install yet ?
Star David 10:27 PM - 6 November, 2014
Star David 10:30 PM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:
Have you tried to clean install yet ?

Yes they called and said it was one of the weirder issues he has seen and in the end i would prob have to reinstall my osx but they would take a look at some videos and discuss the erratic serato behavior he saw through the team viewer app as well as from what i described but that was on tuesday and i have a gig tonight :/
Star David 10:48 PM - 6 November, 2014
I guess I can keep starting new threads and new help requests every day till someone sorts this out but i don't want to waste my time. I purchased this software if it can't work or the rane sixty two doesn't work then refund my money and ill learn another Dj software.
Star David 10:49 PM - 6 November, 2014
This has ben going on since OCT.11
pdidy 11:14 PM - 6 November, 2014
Well this is what I would do at this point being all options seen to be exhausted and time is of essence.....

1. Partition harddrive and preform a 2nd but CLEAN installation using the original OS the mac came with. This therefore preserves your original installation for quick and easy access if all else fails.

2. Install serato scratchlive 2.5 only.

3. copy serato folder and music only to new partition.

4. Do not plug anything else into your laptop, not even an external drive.

5. media.tumblr.com

Disclaimer: You should never accept gigs or preform live with a malfunctioning laptop. Failure to abide by this rule can lead you to "Crash and burning live" so blame ya-self not serato.

Had to include the Disclaimer as I always preach this......lol
pdidy 11:19 PM - 6 November, 2014
Revert the 62 back to factory settings by turning off the mixer, holding down the Flex FX buttons for PGM 1 and PGM2, and turn on the mixer (while holding down those buttons).
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:26 PM - 6 November, 2014
Hi Star David,

Just thought i'd jump in here. I'm helping you out in the email too.

We really need you to try re installing your OS. This has been narrowed down to your computer being the cause of the issue. So for us to move forward with the issue, you'll need to go ahead and try that first.

pdidy's recommendation is also a very good option to keep your other partition up and running.

Thanks for helping pdidy.

Regards

matt P
pdidy 12:00 AM - 7 November, 2014
Quote:
I guess I can keep starting new threads and new help requests every day till someone sorts this out but i don't want to waste my time. I purchased this software if it can't work or the rane sixty two doesn't work then refund my money and ill learn another Dj software.

This is frustration and denial talking not logic. This clearly appears to be a laptop issue and can not be blamed on serato.

It takes less than 60 minutes to do the clean install, stay focused an get it done.
Star David 1:03 AM - 7 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

This is frustration and denial talking not logic. This clearly appears to be a laptop issue and can not be blamed on serato.

It takes less than 60 minutes to do the clean install, stay focused an get it done.

I was waiting for David wood to contact me back from serato . I wanted him to walk me through it so no one blames me for missing step or doing it wrong or having a faulty laptop if a clean install doesn't work wanted to have someone from tech support guide me through it just in case there are any problems/glitches along the way.
pdidy 1:12 AM - 7 November, 2014
ok cool
Star David 1:26 AM - 7 November, 2014
Quote:
Well this is what I would do at this point being all options seen to be exhausted and time is of essence.....

1. Partition harddrive and preform a 2nd but CLEAN installation using the original OS the mac came with. This therefore preserves your original installation for quick and easy access if all else fails.

2. Install serato scratchlive 2.5 only.

3. copy serato folder and music only to new partition.

4. Do not plug anything else into your laptop, not even an external drive.

5. media.tumblr.com

Disclaimer: You should never accept gigs or preform live with a malfunctioning laptop. Failure to abide by this rule can lead you to "Crash and burning live" so blame ya-self not serato.

Had to include the Disclaimer as I always preach this......lol

I have 750 GB mac the startup disk/hd is almost full everything is on my internal hard drive . 715 GB used so I have 33.5 GB left to partition as HD 2. Will this work ? Don't know if I can really erase any more files from my original HD. So are you saying make HD 2 a bootable startup disk with re-installed version of OSX 10.8.5? I don't have the operating system cd's as none came with the computer were should I acquire the new OSX 10.8.5? Download?
Star David 1:38 AM - 7 November, 2014
Quote:
Hi Star David,

Just thought i'd jump in here. I'm helping you out in the email too.

We really need you to try re installing your OS. This has been narrowed down to your computer being the cause of the issue. So for us to move forward with the issue, you'll need to go ahead and try that first.

pdidy's recommendation is also a very good option to keep your other partition up and running.

Thanks for helping pdidy.
Hi matt thanks for jumping in on this thread.
I have 750 GB mac the startup disk/hd is almost full everything is on my internal hard drive . 715 GB used so I have 33.5 GB left to partition as HD 2. Will this work ? Don't know if I can really erase any more files from my original HD. So are you saying make HD 2 a bootable startup disk with re-installed version of OSX 10.8.5? I don't have the operating system cd's as none came with the computer were should I acquire the new OSX 10.8.5? Download?

Regards

matt P
Star David 1:45 AM - 7 November, 2014
Also if this is a problem solely with my computer than why does it work fine in internal mode but just doesn't work in relative and ABS mode?? Any thoughts please
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:53 AM - 7 November, 2014
Hey Star David

There's a ton of real time audio processing that occurs in ABS or REL mode that doesn't occur in INT mode. This would be the most likely reason for the difference.

Cheers
Aaron
pdidy 2:12 AM - 7 November, 2014
Since you have no space the 2nd partition is not an option. You will need to backup to external drive then clean install which will delete everything and start fresh.
Star David 7:09 AM - 8 November, 2014
So after I reinstall the OSX what should or should not I migrate back from my back up hard drive ?
pdidy 7:44 AM - 8 November, 2014
Nothing yet, download scratch live 2.5 from Serato then add 1 track to test with first.

Then let us know if the problem is fixed.

Did you revert the 62 to factory settings ?
Star David 10:23 PM - 9 November, 2014
Doing a re-install tomorrow at an apple store . So should I re-install 10.8.5 or mavericks or yosemite?
And yes I reverted the 62 to factory settings
Star David 10:25 PM - 9 November, 2014
Also I will definitely not lose any crate/crate order or song (cue points ,beat grid info etc.) data with the re-install , right?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:42 AM - 10 November, 2014
Hey Star David

I would recommend rolling back to 10.8.5 because you can always upgrade for free from there.

Quote:
Also I will definitely not lose any crate/crate order or song (cue points ,beat grid info etc.) data with the re-install , right?

You should back up everything before doing the re-install. Either do this yourself with an external drive or talk to the tech about getting them to do it for you prior to re-installing the OS.

Don't let them re-install the OS until you are confident you have backed everything up securely.

Aaron
Star David 10:04 PM - 10 November, 2014
Quote:
Hey Star David

I would recommend rolling back to 10.8.5 because you can always upgrade for free from there.

Quote:

You should back up everything before doing the re-install. Either do this yourself with an external drive or talk to the tech about getting them to do it for you prior to re-installing the OS.

Don't let them re-install the OS until you are confident you have backed everything up securely.

Aaron

I have backed up my laptop with carbon copy cloner as a bootable star up disk on an external HD. Should I back it up using time machine as well?
DJMark 10:09 PM - 10 November, 2014
Quote:
I have backed up my laptop with carbon copy cloner as a bootable star up disk on an external HD. Should I back it up using time machine as well?

Time machine doesn't really matter in that scenario.

Do make sure that your external drive will actually boot the machine. Either set the machine to start up from it with System Preferences/Startup disk, or hold down the option key when starting the machine with the external drive connected.
Star David 7:27 PM - 11 November, 2014
i went in yesterday but apple said I cannot download Mavericks on my own since it is no longer available on the app store, They have to install it for me . So I had to make an appointment for tomorrow to upgrade my OSX to Mavericks , which they said should be a step in the right direction
Star David 5:21 AM - 19 November, 2014
So my computer was erased and they did a OSX re-install to Mavericks. I re-installed Serato scratch live 2.5 from a dmg file and imported some songs. I noticed the only thing the OSX re-install fixed was the instant doubles function is now working and the play from first cue point is now working as well. At first try it didn't but worked after playing a few songs. As far as the jerky, push and pull, vibrating, glowing annoying waveforms which makes it almost impossible to look at the screen…THE SAME. Also the pitch fluctuation and variation is THE SAME. Except this time instead of having the right deck +2% in order to match the other deck at 0% it is only a 1/2 % difference. After I installed serato DJ and noticed the same thing. I trashed them both and installed serato dj from cd that came with my mixer and it seemed a little more stable as far as the pitch fluctuation. So maybe the dmg files i am downloading are corrupt? I don't know whats going on but I really need my software to work properly as it did before. This has been going on since the beginning of OCT. None of this makes sense at all. What do I do now?
pdidy 5:34 AM - 19 November, 2014
thru the process of elimination it sounds like your laptop is the culprit here.
pdidy 5:37 AM - 19 November, 2014
have you done ANY hardware mods, fixes, upgrades or changes what soever ?
pdidy 5:43 AM - 19 November, 2014
I see you've installed Mavericks instead of what was recommended........
Star David 7:45 PM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:
I see you've installed Mavericks instead of what was recommended........

Everyone including serato tech support and apple tech support and Zach recommended to upgrade to mavericks if it was a OSX issue ….which it doesn't seem to be . It is also not a computer issue since I had my logic board replaced under warranty. This is a serato software issue . It is acting unstable and is somehow corrupted or broken. Maybe it has something to do with the dmg files I am downloading from the website, if you read my comment the install from cd was more stable. Can you please send me a dmg file of serato scratch live 2.5 and serato DJ that you know is fine not corrupt and works? I will test it out. Also if you look at the vids I posted you will see the instability of serato software . At least my instant doubles and play from first cue point works unfortunately I still can't use unstable software . I posted a new vid of it freezing and taking a 130bpm song and reading it at 144bpm and this is with a CD player with no wow and flutter. I will also try and acquire a different computer and do an install there with the files you or anyone else can send me. By the way the jerky, push and pull, vibrating, glowing annoying waveforms which makes it almost impossible to look at the screen is only in horizontal view NOT in VERTICAL view which tells me its software related. i will post vid of that too.
www.dropbox.com
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:21 PM - 19 November, 2014
Hey Lotusound

I just checked your video - www.dropbox.com
I can see you uploaded one on the 19th (today)
It shows that your inputs are not calibrated and you are receiving really bad tracking as a result. This no doubt is causing your the issue with waveforms and pitch.

In the other video, you are just recieving a warning about the new drivers you are about to install. How did that go?
You can just click ok for that.

I don't think its the DMG files. I'm beginning to think your inputs are set wrong or you have a bad connection.

Regards

Matt P
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:22 PM - 19 November, 2014
It also would be good to see if you have the same problems in INT mode. To eliminate the software as the cause.

Regards

Matt P
pdidy 10:33 PM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:
It shows that your inputs are not calibrated and you are receiving really bad tracking as a result. This no doubt is causing your the issue with waveforms and pitch.

(see page 18) www.rane.com
DJMark 11:22 PM - 19 November, 2014
Always have the power cord plugged into the computer when DJ-ing, looks like you're running off battery power. Also use the 3-prong (grounded) power cord between the white brick and the wall outlet, so your computer is actually grounded properly (also less likely to accidentally dislodge itself from the outlet).

And I agree with the others' assesment that BAD TRACKING is probably the cause of most of your problems. There's a good reason that line was designed to show up with RED if there's problems.
Star David 1:10 AM - 20 November, 2014
Thanks Mark Pdidy and Matt for your response…….
I am hoping that its just a tracking issue but again I have tried 5 different pairs of turntables and no one with serato that have used my sixty two or turntables have had any issues. I have also checked pg 18 and have calibrated the threshold and the control vinyl
1 and 3 are set to phono and input 2 is set to CD which I have also tested and seems a little more stable except for the waveforms witch I CANT EVEN LOOK AT because its so glitchy and jerky and glowing and vibrating (NOT LIKE BEFORE I PURCHASED THE SIXTY TWO). And if my inputs are not calibrated and the tracking is off why do I get good circles when I calibrate the control vinyl? And why is the tracking number 100% in the lower right? Although the control speed number in the upper right does fluctuate more than other peoples does using the same turntables? I think this is the issue, the speed number is fluctuating very fast more than I've ever seen on anyone else's computer So therefore the signal is jerking due to the speed fluctuation causing the pitch variation and jerky waveforms.
As for the pitch issue I have calibrated both my decks so that the red lights on the side of the turntables (middle) are perfectly still at 0% and the top at 6% as indicated in a few instructional videos. I guess I can OVER calibrate to compensate for the 1/2% but that doesn't explain why it happens on every turntable I have tried (5 pair) and it also doesn't explain why it wasn't an issue before and why it was a 2% difference and after re-install its only 1/2%. Also this happened today and makes no sense and one side was a CD player and the other turntables.
www.dropbox.com
DJMark 2:38 AM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
It also would be good to see if you have the same problems in INT mode. To eliminate the software as the cause.
pdidy 6:32 AM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

he said it does not occur in internal.
pdidy 7:02 AM - 20 November, 2014
Why were there 2 different sessions of Serato dj open at the same time in the last video ?
pdidy 7:11 AM - 20 November, 2014
What external hardware is connected to your laptop in the last vid ?
pdidy 7:15 AM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
have you done ANY hardware mods, fixes, upgrades or changes what soever to your laptop ?

can you answer this in detail...
Star David 9:05 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

he said it does not occur in internal.

As I said before instant doubles and play from first cue point were not working in internal and offline mode. It was working yesterday and Unfortunately is no longer working again in INTERNAL and OFFLINE mode. What Now? In the meantime can someone please send me a Non corrupt tested DMG installer file to rule this out as a cause. Thanks

Quote:
Why were there 2 different sessions of Serato dj open at the same time in the last video ?

There was not one was serato dj and one was a screen recording of Serato DJ not working.

Quote:
What external hardware is connected to your laptop in the last vid ?

Just the Rane Sixty Two all music is internal.
pdidy 9:19 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
have you done ANY hardware mods, fixes, upgrades or changes what soever to your laptop ?

can you answer this in detail...
Star David 9:55 PM - 20 November, 2014
None since I purchased the computer brand new. Then I brought it in to apple as I said for a re-install to rule out an OSX issue causing serato not to work properly . They checked the computer thouroughly and said everything was working fine and all tests passed. They re-installed mavericks and replaced the logic board to rule out any issue on apples end. I think I will start over and wipe my computer then re-install serato and not my _serato_ folder import a few songs and see if that works then install _serato_ folder. Can you send me a DMG installer of scratch 2.5 and Serato DJ that has been tested and you know is not corrupt so I can start from there and see what happens
Star David 10:00 PM - 20 November, 2014
By the way I also noticed since David called me from Serato and looked in my computer with team viewer that now my crates are in alphabetical order and not the order I had them in why did that happen? He said he would call me back but never did and I need to have my crate structure back the way it was and not the way it is alpahabetically after he looked in my computer. I tried several times to email him and open a help thread to address this new issue as well. Thanks
pdidy 11:59 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
I think I will start over and wipe my computer then re-install serato and not my _serato_ folder import a few songs and see if that works

Try the original OSX version your computer came with which I believe was Osx 10.8.5.

Im quite sure this has nothing to do with the serato software being" broken hacked or corrupted" but just to clear you conscience....
www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com
DJMark 12:07 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Can you send me a DMG installer of scratch 2.5 and Serato DJ that has been tested and you know is not corrupt

You can download Scratch Live 2.5 or any other version from here: serato.com

I have to assume anything hosted on their own site is "tested and known to be not corrupt"...

Your issues have the peculiarity of making less and less sense as time goes on. Clearly there is something wrong in your configuration/setup or whatever, and it may well be worth paying someone who has expertise to troubleshoot this onsite.

Have you, at any point in all of this, gotten to a point where you are troubleshooting with:

1) completely clean OS installation (preferably OS X 10.8.5)
2) completely virgin Scratch Live installation (no transfer of crates/settings/anything else)

If not, that is your next step.
Star David 12:08 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I think I will start over and wipe my computer then re-install serato and not my _serato_ folder import a few songs and see if that works

Try the original OSX version your computer came with which I believe was Osx 10.8.5.

Im quite sure this has nothing to do with the serato software being" broken hacked or corrupted" but just to clear you conscience....
www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com

Thanks Pdidy…... things will only be clear once this issue is resolved so I don't have to turn down gigs and be worried about stability issues. Ill try to go back to 10.8.5 but I'm sure it will make no difference as my software started acting this way on that operating system. i will install from the file you sent and import a few songs check the stability then import my _serato_ folder and music and check the stability.
Star David 12:17 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
So my computer was erased and they did a OSX re-install to Mavericks. I re-installed Serato scratch live 2.5 from a dmg file and imported some songs. I noticed the only thing the OSX re-install fixed was the instant doubles function is now working and the play from first cue point is now working as well. At first try it didn't but worked after playing a few songs. As far as the jerky, push and pull, vibrating, glowing annoying waveforms which makes it almost impossible to look at the screen…THE SAME. Also the pitch fluctuation and variation is THE SAME. Except this time instead of having the right deck +2% in order to match the other deck at 0% it is only a 1/2 % difference.

Yes DJ mark if you see my previous post :
So my computer was erased and they did a OSX re-install to Mavericks. I re-installed Serato scratch live 2.5 from a dmg file and imported some songs. I noticed the only thing the OSX re-install fixed was the instant doubles function is now working and the play from first cue point is now working as well. At first try it didn't but worked after playing a few songs. As far as the jerky, push and pull, vibrating, glowing annoying waveforms which makes it almost impossible to look at the screen…THE SAME. Also the pitch fluctuation and variation is THE SAME. Except this time instead of having the right deck +2% in order to match the other deck at 0% it is only a 1/2 % difference.
This was without importing my _serato_ folder and a fresh install of Mavericks and importing a few songs. And it doesn't explain why it didn't work at first but then it did after using it for a little bit. I have also noticed that sometimes the grid edit box is blacked out instead of saying grid edit? never saw that before………….
Serato, Support
Matt P 12:34 AM - 21 November, 2014
Hey Star David, I've replied to you in our email thread already with some more things for you to try, but i'll answer this question here since you asked it here

Quote:
By the way I also noticed since David called me from Serato and looked in my computer with team viewer that now my crates are in alphabetical order and not the order I had them in why did that happen?

The crates are organized by the neworder.pref file within the Serato folder. If you need to get your crate structure back..

Close Serato
Copy the NewOrder.pref file from your old/backup Serato folder
Paste to your new Serato folder
and this will arrange them how you had them before.

Regards

Matt p
Star David 1:20 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Hey Star David, I've replied to you in our email thread already with some more things for you to try, but i'll answer this question here since you asked it here

Quote:
By the way I also noticed since David called me from Serato and looked in my computer with team viewer that now my crates are in alphabetical order and not the order I had them in why did that happen?

The crates are organized by the neworder.pref file within the Serato folder. If you need to get your crate structure back..

Close Serato
Copy the NewOrder.pref file from your old/backup Serato folder

Paste to your new Serato folder
and this will arrange them how you had them before.

Regards

Matt p

Thanks Matt i replied to your email. Unfortunately after one day of use instant doubles iand play from first cue point are not working again. I also noticed some tracks have grid edit box blacked out …..never noticed that before. Also I have replaced the neworder.pref file from two backups and have restored from a backup and it will not change from alphabetical order even the sub crate structure is alphabetical. I know for a fact this happened after David from serato looked in my computer. Is there someone from customer relations that can contact me because I emailed David back to address this issue and i haven't gotten any response. First I noticed it in the serato DJ structure and then I asked why this was happening in serato Dj then a day later it was alphabetical in scratch live as well. I will erase my computer and start over. rearranging my crates is now hours of extra work on top of software that isn't working and a new mixer I can't use.
pdidy 2:02 AM - 21 November, 2014
Star David, YOU'RE placing the blame in the wrong place sir. It is your sole responsibility to properly backup your files. Assuming you've done as you were instructed many times by multiple people assisting you, its just a simple matter of 30 seconds to copy and paste from a backup. Not hours ;)
Star David 2:16 AM - 21 November, 2014
Hi Pdidy I did exactly as instructed and know for sure that the backup new order.pref file was from before the alphabetical order happened . I tried pasting it back but its not reading it . I did some more troubleshooting since my last post and have found a possible reason for this. if someone can tell me exactly what i should do here. I have found that I have a few _serato_ folders in my internal HD. possibly from my previous migration and two external hard drives that I consolidated.
_Serato_
_Serato_
_Serato_1
_Serato_Backup
_Serato_Backup
the first is in my music folder
the second in my documents folder /consolidated drive lacie 160 GB
Serato 1 on my desktop I believe from troubleshooting with tech support and erasing and copying there as a back up possibly not sure.
serato backup in my music folder
and second serato backup in my documents folder /consolidated drive lacie 160 GB
only problem is when i looked in the crates and sub crates folder in each of these they also seemed alphabetical but not entirely the same. Can one of these extra _serato_ folders be causing this issue?
pdidy 2:37 AM - 21 November, 2014
have you tried restarting your computer after backup is copy an pasted ?
Star David 2:57 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:

No. Is that the problem ? I don't think I was told to do so before but ill try right now. Also will there be any conflict with the other _serato_folders or does it not matter because serato only looks in the music folder?
pdidy 2:59 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
and it may well be worth paying someone who has expertise to troubleshoot this onsite.

YEP, having all the hardware in front of you makes all the difference in the time it take to fix.

im pretty sure I could have pinpointed the issue or had it up and running within an hour.
pdidy 3:02 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

No. Is that the problem ? I don't think I was told to do so before but ill try right now.

its just standard procedure not a Guaranteed fix.....
pdidy 3:18 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Also will there be any conflict with the other _serato_folders or does it not matter because serato only looks in the music folder?

to my knowledge there should be no conflict.
Star David 3:23 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
and it may well be worth paying someone who has expertise to troubleshoot this onsite.

YEP, having all the hardware in front of you makes all the difference in the time it take to fix.

im pretty sure I could have pinpointed the issue or had it up and running within an hour.

I am extremely happy you are confident in helping me and i appreciate your help, unfortunately restarting did not change anything and copying and pasting the different new order.pref files didn't change anything either which doesn't make sense because they should be different and all came up alphabetical. I have had trouble with my crates before and have asked for help with my crates a few times but it wasn't a big deal as it is now because of the other issues also coinciding together. Also I'm not sure what you are suggesting about paying someone to trouble shoot onsite as I have never done so or had to do so before. My last resort of trouble shooting would have been to purchase a new computer and see if the same problems occur on that computer as well with my software and my _serato_ folder but obviously I am open to any suggestion you may have at this point.
pdidy 3:25 AM - 21 November, 2014
but there are 2 folders named _Serato_ hmmm. I would rename the one thats not in the music folder.
pdidy 3:39 AM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Also I'm not sure what you are suggesting about paying someone to trouble shoot onsite as I have never done so or had to do so before.

Only if you were under strict time limits and large sums of money could be lost making it worth it.

Quote:
My last resort of trouble shooting would have been to purchase a new computer and see if the same problems occur on that computer as well with my software and my _serato_ folder but obviously I am open to any suggestion you may have at this point.

you don't need to purchase, just borrow for a day or two for testing. Then you can decide if a repair or purchase is best for you.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 5:00 AM - 21 November, 2014
Hey Star David

It definitely seems like the best thing to do at this point is test someone else's computer on your setup.

Maybe try it with their current install (or a clean one) first and then try moving your _Serato_ folder across to their computer (with their agreement of course) to see if that is the culprit. It will be interesting to see if your _Serato_ folder behaves nicely on another computer.

Aaron
pdidy 6:01 AM - 27 November, 2014
i GUESS by now you've figured out it was your laptop ?
Star David 5:56 AM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
i GUESS by now you've figured out it was your laptop ?

Actually Pdiddy I have done extensive testing on two computers and have FIGURED out by now ,on my own, it truly is something corrupt within serato and or _serato_ folder or its components. I have done a clean install of mavericks and mountain lion and have only installed serato scratch live and serato dj my _serato_ folder and all my music . I did a rescan Id3 tags and relocate lost files which luckily worked because usually for some reason its not a seamless process. even in previous experience. (for example for some reason in scratch live in the files menu i can't scroll left and right only up and down but just in files menu and some tracks will just not found and i have to re-import). After a clean reinstall testing two computers and trouble shooting with serato tech support , I have ALL my crates now in alphabetical order, I have serato DJ working somewhat ok but still worried about reliability , I have a Broken serato scratch live which I really want to use with : no instant doubles (always a beat behind or ahead), NOW NO BEAT GRID OR BEAT GRID BUTTON TO EDIT ANY BEAT GRIDS (even though the beat grids show up in serato DJ) , No play from first cue point. I sent new video to the support team

www.dropbox.com

The only positive outcome has been: the glitchy waveforms are somehow slightly getting better in offline mode which makes no real difference if they are not better in online. I have learned that it was NOT my turntables and my calibration was perfect. The Pitch problem has gotten better in both programs , even though scratch live is still broken. The fluctuation which was out of control and the support team conveniently called wow and flutter is not so broken anymore. It has slowed down tremendously. I have learned that tech support needs to gauge the level of the customer and HEAR them out before accusing everything else as the problem and trying to make them feel like they don't know what they are talking about. And of course I now know for sure that the problem is within serato my _serato_ folder and or its components since i have nothing else on my computer and I have tested two computers. There might be a bug out there for scratch or someone has figured out a way to interfere with this software not sure.
deejdave 6:48 AM - 29 November, 2014
ONLY if you had Bridge activated did the beat grids show up in SSL.................
Quote:
I have a Broken serato scratch live which I really want to use with : no instant doubles (always a beat behind or ahead), NOW NO BEAT GRID OR BEAT GRID BUTTON TO EDIT ANY BEAT GRIDS (even though the beat grids show up in serato DJ) , No play from first cue point. I sent new video to the support team

You are aware SSL never HAD beat grids or edit beat grids etc. unless you had the Bridge activated right?!?!?!
Star David 7:00 AM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
ONLY if you had Bridge activated did the beat grids show up in SSL.................
Quote:
I have a Broken serato scratch live which I really want to use with : no instant doubles (always a beat behind or ahead), NOW NO BEAT GRID OR BEAT GRID BUTTON TO EDIT ANY BEAT GRIDS (even though the beat grids show up in serato DJ) , No play from first cue point. I sent new video to the support team

You are aware SSL never HAD beat grids or edit beat grids etc. unless you had the Bridge activated right?!?!?!

THANK YOU! DEEJDAVE. I have been wrapping my head around so many issues that don't make sense within serato , I had forgotten that when i did the re-install and wiped my computer i did not install abelton therefore don't have bridge enabled.
Star David 7:05 AM - 29 November, 2014
at least the new video shows still no play from first cue point in scratch live after re-install
pdidy 7:49 AM - 29 November, 2014
Quote:
I have learned that it was NOT my turntables and my calibration was perfect. The Pitch problem has gotten better in both programs , even though scratch live is still broken. The fluctuation which was out of control and the support team conveniently called wow and flutter is not so broken anymore. It has slowed down tremendously.

IT SOUNDS like youre saying the problem with the waveforms and pitch has been fixed but you were a little vague on what actually fixed the problem. What was serato supports diagnoses of what the problem was ?

Quote:
There might be a bug out there for scratch or someone has figured out a way to interfere with this software not sure.

i think you're the only one coming to that conclusion.
Star David 5:36 AM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I have learned that it was NOT my turntables and my calibration was perfect. The Pitch problem has gotten better in both programs , even though scratch live is still broken. The fluctuation which was out of control and the support team conveniently called wow and flutter is not so broken anymore. It has slowed down tremendously.

IT SOUNDS like youre saying the problem with the waveforms and pitch has been fixed but you were a little vague on what actually fixed the problem. What was serato supports diagnoses of what the problem was ?

"Not so broken" and "has gotten better" does not SOUND like the problem is fixed to me. It more sounds like the problem with only the pitch fluctuation which. in my opinion, was related to the speed number in the calibration view going crazy. This speed fluctuation is what is causing the jerky waveforms. This is what i have observed and troubleshooted , the serato support team has not diagnosed anything or have they gotten back to me since my last post which i have also e-mailed to them. I am doing another os re-install today on two computers to see if i can see what in my _serato folder would cause instant doubles play from first cue and the speed fluctuation to go haywire although i feel tech support should chime in and tell me where and what to look for. Also still don't know how the serato dj crate structure turned alphabetical then turned the serato crate structure alphabetical and no matter which new order.pref file i use it remains alphabetical? But I'm not so worried about this because it seems like i can reorganize them although its more work and I'm not sure it will remain stable. :/
pdidy 7:55 AM - 30 November, 2014
what exactly did you change that led to the improvement of waveforms and pitch fluctuation ?
pdidy 8:01 AM - 30 November, 2014
are any of the new testing laptops displaying the same issues with waveforms and pitch fluctuation as your original laptop ?

are any of these testing laptops windows pc ?
Star David 4:48 PM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
what exactly did you change that led to the improvement of waveforms and pitch fluctuation ?

I did the Os reinstall to Mavericks reinstalled serato scratch and DJ from the installer DMG files that you posted to dropbox and only imported My music and _serato _ folder
Star David 4:50 PM - 30 November, 2014
Quote:
are any of the new testing laptops displaying the same issues with waveforms and pitch fluctuation as your original laptop ?

are any of these testing laptops windows pc ?

Yes . Both are MACbooks with mavericks and i also tested yosemite with a full restore and same issues.
pdidy 10:39 PM - 30 November, 2014
I've recommended you revert back to your original OS 10.8.5 for quite some time now, is there
a reason you have not tested it yet ?
pdidy 10:41 PM - 30 November, 2014
what is the year and specs of all the laptops ?
deejdave 10:59 PM - 30 November, 2014
Not for nothing going back to 10.8.5 has solved issues for quite a few................. I'd listen to pdidy if I were you.
Star David 4:43 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
I've recommended you revert back to your original OS 10.8.5 for quite some time now, is there
a reason you have not tested it yet ?

Im not sure why you haven't realized that i have done a mountain lion reinstall too but Like i said to tech support, who is not getting back to me at all at this point , might i add the most crucial point, since i have discovered the corruption is coming from serato the _serato_ folder and or its components , I have tested mountain lion mavericks and yosemite can you tell me what to do that i haven't already troubleshooted and have tech support email me back more than once a week, if that? and i still would love to speak to a customer service rep. Don't you find it a bit odd that tech support is no longer helping me after telling me a bunch of things that haven't worked? By the way now when i relocate lost files it is so painstakingly slow that I would never want to do a relocate lost files ever again, another problem that was never there before.
Thnx
Quote:
what is the year and specs of all the laptops ?

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 M

Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
15 inch mid 2012
2.5 intel i5
memory 4gb 1600mhz ddr3
osx 10.9.5
13inch mid 2012
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 4:54 AM - 1 December, 2014
Hi Star David,

Can i please have your support ticket number, I will follow up with them to see what is going on.

Thanks

Jason.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 5:00 AM - 1 December, 2014
Hi Star David,

I have tracked down your support ticket and can see that Matt P has been in touch with you today, bear in mind we are in New Zealand so it is the end of monday here, you responded to Matt on Friday after hours (6:20pm NZT) so we have only had a chance to be back in the office and get back to you today - bear with us man we are doing all we can to help.

Get back to Matt with the information he is requesting and we will continue to try and sort it out :)

Cheers,

Jason.
Star David 5:47 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Hi Star David,

I have tracked down your support ticket and can see that Matt P has been in touch with you today, bear in mind we are in New Zealand so it is the end of monday here, you responded to Matt on Friday after hours (6:20pm NZT) so we have only had a chance to be back in the office and get back to you today - bear with us man we are doing all we can to help.

Get back to Matt with the information he is requesting and we will continue to try and sort it out :)

Cheers,

Jason.

Thank you jason for being as concerned as I am. I emailed matt back today , unfortunately the email he sent me had no new or pertenent information for me and didn't even seem like it was written with the knowledge of what has been already stated and written on this thread and in previous emails. Basically he doesn't believe that my play from first cue point is checked and now for some reason is not mentioning that my instant doubles is still not working and lasso checked in preferences. He has not mentioned that on my own i have troubleshooted to something wrong with _serat_ folder or its components and has mentioned that my waveforms look fine when in reality they are better but not like they used to be when i first installed serato on his computer. I am being as patient as i can since OCT. 11 and have had to use other dj software , which i am forced to do ,in the meantime for gigs .
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 6:10 AM - 1 December, 2014
Hey Star David,

I understand your frustration but as know we are not able to reproduce the issue here so we are still trying to diagnose the problem, have you sent Matt the screenshots he asked for in his last email?

The entire support request and email chain is included in your ticket so Matt is fully aware of the history of your report, its not about not believing you it is important to follow the suggested steps so we can diagnose the issue. As you are aware from the other posts in this thread this is not an issue that other users are having so to get to the bottom of it you are going to need to hang in there and give the information we need to help you out, I know its frustrating man but we haven't given up on you.

J
DJMark 7:38 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
i have discovered the corruption is coming from serato the _serato_ folder

So a fresh install with no library gives you good performance?
Star David 7:43 AM - 1 December, 2014
Thanks for your concern Jason since you have no Idea how much disappointment and loss of revenue this has caused in my life because of putting my faith in software that has in an instant failed me and become unstable. I would appreciate at this point a link to a customer service rep. I asked for this in my previous emails. I will send matt a screen shot of my instant doubles being checked and play from first cue point being checked, although no one has responded to the fact that the corruption is coming from My _serato_ folder or its components within the serato software. I have tested two computers and multiple osx re-installs. I don't appreciate the real issue being avoided.
Star David 6:28 AM - 3 December, 2014
I have isolated the problem to my _serato_ folder is there a safe way to create a new blank _serato_folder and drag and drop all the crates and the associated files to the new _serato_folder one by one to see what is causing the corruption and all the strange isuuse?
DJ Tecniq 7:50 AM - 3 December, 2014
Very odd post but I'm curious did no one mention it could be a corrupt databasev2 file that is causing all your issues if that was mentioned forgive me but I didn't come across it reading. It is rare that play from start and first cue point aren't working when checked in setup. I have never heard of that before. What I can't get my mind around is the fact you even did a clean OS X install and still the problems existed? That's like a nightmare. Are you using a serato box? That could even be the culprit. Unless you've tested other boxes? Anyways I will be tracking this post as I want to know what the "mods" find or solution. But appears you had to figure if out on your own id say that's terrible customer service. JMO
DJMark 8:00 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Star David 8:42 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Very odd post but I'm curious did no one mention it could be a corrupt databasev2 file that is causing all your issues if that was mentioned forgive me but I didn't come across it reading. It is rare that play from start and first cue point aren't working when checked in setup. I have never heard of that before. What I can't get my mind around is the fact you even did a clean OS X install and still the problems existed? That's like a nightmare. Are you using a serato box? That could even be the culprit. Unless you've tested other boxes? Anyways I will be tracking this post as I want to know what the "mods" find or solution. But appears you had to figure if out on your own id say that's terrible customer service. JMO

Thanks DJ tecniq! Yes It has Been a NIGHTMARE . Lost gigs lost revenue and horrible sounding pitch shifting sound. I also had a feeling it was a database v2 corruption. i have an sly and rand sixty 2 prob was on both no difference. I actually am gaining some headway here on my own. Thank you. I have now narrowed it down to about 80 files within my serato folder , some .slc files that seem to be duplicates of .crate files . a video folder that keeps popping up in my sub crates with a crate in it even when i delete it and some other stuff . but I have a somewhat more stable platform now that i have isolated some files. Still jerky waveforms but the pitch instant doubles and play from first cue seem to be fixed. Something was definitely messing this software up BIG TIME.
Star David 8:43 AM - 3 December, 2014
* have an sly and rands sixty 2 prob was on both no difference.
Star David 8:44 AM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

it didn't before but now its somewhat more stable after what i did in previous post.
Thanks
DJMark 8:46 AM - 3 December, 2014
It's only been known for about 10 years that bad files or a corrupt database can cause issues with SL or SDJ, I guess some people missed the memo.
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:03 PM - 3 December, 2014
Star David,

Quote:
I have isolated the problem to my _serato_ folder is there a safe way to create a new blank _serato_folder and drag and drop all the crates and the associated files to the new _serato_folder one by one to see what is causing the corruption and all the strange isuuse?

To rename the _ Serato _ folder, please:

+ Close Serato Applications
+ Navigate to the "Music" folder and locate the _Serato_ folder
+ Rename _ Serato _ folder to _ SeratoOld _ (Don't worry about the backup folder)
+ Open Serato DJ
+ This will create a new _ Serato _ folder in your "Music" folder and create a blank template with no crates or any other stored information.
+ Close Serato DJ
+ Navigate to the _ SeratoOld _ folder and open the subcrates folder
+ Copy the information in the subcrates folder and paste it to the new _ Serato _ folder in the subcrates folder.
+ Open Serato DJ (and enable itunes library if you use it)
+ You should have all your files and crates. This will restore all preferences back to default, so you'll have to make some adjustments.

If you need to restore the information, you can:

+ Close Serato DJ
+ Trash new _ Serato _ folder
+ Rename _ SeratoOld _ back to _ Serato _
+ Open Serato DJ
+ Everything should be back to normal.

Let me know how you get on.

Matt P
Star David 2:08 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
It's only been known for about 10 years that bad files or a corrupt database can cause issues with SL or SDJ, I guess some people missed the memo.

So if this is the case why did you suggest a problem with my fan and tech support automatically blame my turntables OS and Macbook instead of helping me go through the _serato_ folder first and make sure everything there was in order? even after I mentioned it has nothing to do with calibration and has something to do with the software.
Star David 2:17 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Star David,

Quote:

To rename the _ Serato _ folder, please:

+ Close Serato Applications
+ Navigate to the "Music" folder and locate the _Serato_ folder
+ Rename _ Serato _ folder to _ SeratoOld _ (Don't worry about the backup folder)
+ Open Serato DJ
+ This will create a new _ Serato _ folder in your "Music" folder and create a blank template with no crates or any other stored information.
+ Close Serato DJ
+ Navigate to the _ SeratoOld _ folder and open the subcrates folder
+ Copy the information in the subcrates folder and paste it to the new _ Serato _ folder in the subcrates folder.
+ Open Serato DJ (and enable itunes library if you use it)
+ You should have all your files and crates. This will restore all preferences back to default, so you'll have to make some adjustments.

If you need to restore the information, you can:

+ Close Serato DJ
+ Trash new _ Serato _ folder
+ Rename _ SeratoOld _ back to _ Serato _
+ Open Serato DJ
+ Everything should be back to normal.

Let me know how you get on.

Matt P

Thanks Matt I will try this over but as I mentioned in my previous post and in the email I sent you it is not exactly responding the way it should. when I open a new _serato_ folder no crate or sub crate folder appears. when I copy the old sub crate folder in for some reason a video folder is created within the sub crate folder that has a random crate or two within even when i delete it. This video folder is causing some issues.
I also seem to have a few things that were causing problems . I have some .crate files that were for some reason unix executable files and the .slc crates should be ok and seem to be causing some conflict with duplicate .crate files not sure how they became duplicate.
Also what is a DJ.gai file for? I will email you again with some other questions about some other files and folders i found in the _serato_ folder that might be causing issues.
DJMark 8:39 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

So if this is the case why did you suggest a problem with my fan and tech support automatically blame my turntables OS and Macbook instead of helping me go through the _serato_ folder first and make sure everything there was in order? even after I mentioned it has nothing to do with calibration and has something to do with the software.

Because dirty fans are a common cause of the kind of symptoms you were describing, and basic troubleshooting starts with common/easy stuff. Also at one point I thought you were doing a clean OS install...I didn't realize you were moving the Serato folders around.

Anyway good luck, I'm done with this. I've much better things to do than attempt to help people on a message board who play the "blame game".

If I have a problem with my systems, my approach is that it's always MY fault, MY responsibility.
Star David 8:44 PM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because dirty fans are a common cause of the kind of symptoms you were describing, and basic troubleshooting starts with common/easy stuff. Also at one point I thought you were doing a clean OS install...I didn't realize you were moving the Serato folders around.

Anyway good luck, I'm done with this. I've much better things to do than attempt to help people on a message board who play the "blame game".

If I have a problem with my systems, my approach is that it's always MY fault, MY responsibility.

If you feel that you have helped me on any way , I appreciate it. Having said that I did do a Os reinstall wiped my computer and As i said either in a email or on this thread at first the problems were still there and strangely enough after playing a few songs it sort of corrected itself and I regained instant doubles and play from first cue jerky waveforms and pitch problems were still there but were much better. Then I realized the corruption had to do with something in my _serato_ folder or its components. I isolated 80 files now down to 15 that are causing the software to act this way and removed them now the software is acting like it should. I don't know how some of these files got there what they are for or why they are broken. I do know that I have tested on another computer with serato and it made the software not work on that computer as well. As to the blame game Im not sure why you would bring that into the discussion since in this comment "It's only been known for about 10 years that bad files or a corrupt database can cause issues with SL or SDJ, I guess some people missed the memo." you are clearly trying to infer I did not get the memo on something you knew about all along. and as i said before in the beginning my turntables and apple were also blamed. The issues are much better but the jerky waveforms are STILL there. I will try Matts suggested Easter Egg. Is That my Fault as well?And the pitch fluctuation is still there but better now it is only anything above 2% and its only by .5% on the right side . which i guess i can compensate for and continue testing on other turntables . Either way I thought someone would be interested in actually testing the files that were corrupt and seeing why they would make serato scratch and dj not work right.
Thanks again
pdidy 9:18 PM - 4 December, 2014
How bout you send me your worst "corrupted" Serato folder so I can test it.
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:40 PM - 4 December, 2014
David,

I've just replied to your forum post and email in our email thread.

I would recommend sticking with one channel as its hard to keep track of multiple threads to troubleshoot effectively

Regards

Matt p
Star David 11:09 PM - 5 December, 2014
Thanks Matt. the problem with that is unforunately not getting help fast enough . Im not pointing fingers or anything I'm just really worried I have a gig tomorrow and haven't been able to fully test everything 10 times over and now the effects on the rane sixty two are not reading the bpms automatically which it should. it stays at 96bpm always for some reason. This is truly a nightmare I shouldn't have to have this much difficulty making serato/rane products work the way they should. By the way a very IMPORTANT question should the speed number in the top right corner and the Tracking number in the bottom right corner in the calibration window be fluctuating at all in INTERNAL mode? need to know this.
deejdave 11:15 PM - 5 December, 2014
Does SSL work OK? If so I am hoping you would not be turning down jobs............ Even if NOT there is ALWAYS another way. Gotta have backups for your backups in this business. I make it a point to have no less than 4 completely independent setups that can run Serato/Traktor/Rekordbox/USB.................. even CD's/DVD's if need be.

Not trying to put it all on you or anything but again I would hope you are not turning down jobs because of this.
Star David 11:39 PM - 5 December, 2014
Quote:
Does SSL work OK? If so I am hoping you would not be turning down jobs............ Even if NOT there is ALWAYS another way. Gotta have backups for your backups in this business. I make it a point to have no less than 4 completely independent setups that can run Serato/Traktor/Rekordbox/USB.................. even CD's/DVD's if need be.

Not trying to put it all on you or anything but again I would hope you are not turning down jobs because of this.

I was turning down some only because I am so used to Serato and a turntablist but i can use virtual dj and mixx and some others just don't like to but i will break down and purchase traktor this week I guess i should have done that a month ago just have a tight budget and wasn't sure about the vinyl control. I also have been going back to vinyl but some of the venues i play want a majority of current music. Thanks
Star David 11:40 PM - 5 December, 2014
Also both programs had the same symptoms. I have gotten instant doubles back and play from first cue but the pitch fluctuation and waveforms and a few other issues are still present
deejdave 11:42 PM - 5 December, 2014
Quote:
but the pitch fluctuation and waveforms and a few other issues are still present

I know I prob should read through but admittedly I am being lazy.

Even in SSL?
DJMark 12:24 AM - 6 December, 2014
Quote:
i will break down and purchase traktor this week I guess

If you have the budget for that, I'd suggest that a more productive approach would be to find someone in your local area to do some hands-on troubleshooting with your system.

You have any DJ friends that are good with technical troubleshooting?
pdidy 1:59 AM - 6 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
i will break down and purchase traktor this week I guess

If you have the budget for that, I'd suggest that a more productive approach would be to find someone in your local area to do some hands-on troubleshooting with your system.

You have any DJ friends that are good with technical troubleshooting?

+1
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:12 AM - 8 December, 2014
Hey Star David

It would be much appreciated if you could keep working with Matt in your email thread. As he said, it's very difficult to keep track of progress across multiple threads.

Thanks man,
Aaron
Dj Slowly C 4:53 PM - 12 December, 2014
Quote:
Also both programs had the same symptoms. I have gotten instant doubles back and play from first cue but the pitch fluctuation and waveforms and a few other issues are still present

I've had the same problem.
I also tried different decks and softwares and whatevers...
Finally had a look at other possible problems such as the turntables and lo and behold noticed that there were a slight feedback on the head shell on one of the turntables.
So try the following as it might not be your laptop.
1. Check all your cables
2. Check your head shells and needles for slightest distortions
To be able to check this all you need to do is max the volume of your ttables one at a time without connecting to your laptop...direct from mixer to amp to speakers.
If theres a distortion...find and repair that issue and let us know what happened to your sofware
Star David 5:24 AM - 16 December, 2014
Had a success
Quote:
Quote:

I've had the same problem.
I also tried different decks and softwares and whatevers...
Finally had a look at other possible problems such as the turntables and lo and behold noticed that there were a slight feedback on the head shell on one of the turntables.
So try the following as it might not be your laptop.
1. Check all your cables
2. Check your head shells and needles for slightest distortions
To be able to check this all you need to do is max the volume of your ttables one at a time without connecting to your laptop...direct from mixer to amp to speakers.
If theres a distortion...find and repair that issue and let us know what happened to your sofware

Hey slowly c
I checked that originaly. calibrated the pitch on the turn tables and in serato its a bigger issue. It was also happening on cd player and internal mode and four different turntables. My question right now is should the speed fluctuation number and the tracking number in calibration window be fluctuating in internal mode ? Need to know this
also what is a dj.gai file in serato folder?
Dj Slowly C 6:52 PM - 16 December, 2014
Forget the pitch for now. Lets just deal with the erratic software. There will always be a delay between software and hardware regardless of which software you use. What I have discovered on my rig was that if there is the slightest of abnormal sound before it reached my pc it would cause havoc on my system. What I also noticed was that we don't normally hear the distortions/hum sounds which cause the problems. Use revo uninstaller and a malware detector to get rid of what you have as a dj app. Use new cables or rca cables that was used minimally. Connect as above and check if you can hear abnormal sound. Check as per my previous post. If no abnormal sound on cables or head shells or sound card, then you have a serious virus on your laptop. Reinstall. I must also mention that I do not use a sound card as I connect my tt direct to my PC. If your mixer has a sound card then consider using that only and disconnect the external sound card. Sometimes software will perform ok for a while and then go all jumbled up. I will try and cause that same problem on my system again and trace the it step by step. Will let you know what I came up with. For now I suggest you try the above as in deleting and reinstalling.
Star David 10:46 PM - 21 December, 2014
Quote:
Forget the pitch for now. Lets just deal with the erratic software. There will always be a delay between software and hardware regardless of which software you use. What I have discovered on my rig was that if there is the slightest of abnormal sound before it reached my pc it would cause havoc on my system. What I also noticed was that we don't normally hear the distortions/hum sounds which cause the problems. Use revo uninstaller and a malware detector to get rid of what you have as a dj app. Use new cables or rca cables that was used minimally. Connect as above and check if you can hear abnormal sound. Check as per my previous post. If no abnormal sound on cables or head shells or sound card, then you have a serious virus on your laptop. Reinstall. I must also mention that I do not use a sound card as I connect my tt direct to my PC. If your mixer has a sound card then consider using that only and disconnect the external sound card. Sometimes software will perform ok for a while and then go all jumbled up. I will try and cause that same problem on my system again and trace the it step by step. Will let you know what I came up with. For now I suggest you try the above as in deleting and reinstalling.

Already did that 6 times . the issue is with the _serato_ folder the serato software and its components. I thought it would be a problem with the sixty two which it might be but its also happening with the SL1. My question right now is should the speed fluctuation number and the tracking number in calibration window be fluctuating in internal mode ? Need to know this
also what is a dj.gai file in serato folder?
Star David 12:35 AM - 22 December, 2014
Not sure why its taking so long for any moderator and or tech support via email so long to answer this question. Any thoughts on this MAtt P?
Serato, Support
Matt P 12:36 AM - 22 December, 2014
David,

Hey I haven't actually received a reply from my last email. Can you hit me back with your Phone number and I'll try and call you today.

Hit me back on our email thread

Regards

Matt p
Star David 1:00 AM - 22 December, 2014
Quote:
David,

Hey I haven't actually received a reply from my last email. Can you hit me back with your Phone number and I'll try and call you today.

Regards

Matt p

Ok no problem. I did reply though and to nathan as well. I am trying to redo the _serato_ folder according to nathans instructions but it would help clarify a few things if I knew
"should the speed fluctuation number and the tracking number in calibration window be fluctuating in internal mode ? Or should it be steady? Need to know this
also what is a dj.gai file in serato folder?"
Star David 1:28 AM - 23 December, 2014
Is there a reason why no one in the forum or a moderator can't answer this question? Is it a controversial question?
"should the speed fluctuation number and the tracking number in calibration window be fluctuating in internal mode ? Or should it be steady? Need to know this
Again this would provide lots of clarity to why serato would be not working the way it should. I hope this thread can be seen by everyone on the forum and that someone replies to this question
Star David 11:15 PM - 25 December, 2014
Again this would provide lots of clarity to why serato would be not working the way it should. I hope this thread can be seen by everyone on the forum and that someone replies to this question
Star David 11:16 PM - 25 December, 2014
Quote:
David,

Regards

Matt p

Matt you or nathan have not responded to my previous email
DJMark 3:41 AM - 27 December, 2014
Quote:
Matt you or nathan have not responded to my previous email

You *have* heard of this thing called "the holiday season" that comes around every year in late December?

For the third time:

you clearly need some informed hands-on - on-site troubleshooting.

This thread is now two months old, and has had the rather unusual distinction of making less and less sense the longer it goes on.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:03 AM - 30 December, 2014
Hey Star David

If you are getting flickering values in the scopes when in Internal Mode, it's almost certainly being caused by electrical interference somewhere in the audio chain. If you have no turntables plugged in, it will be somewhere in the Rane device. If you have other gear plugged in, it could be anywhere in the audio chain (RCAs, inputs, internal wiring etc...)

The issue you are having though seems too severe for the minor disturbance to be the root cause. It might not help, but I very much doubt it is at the bottom of it. I for example, get this fluctuation with almost every device I plug in, but I have never had even a minor tracking issue present itself.

What we really need to know is if your _Serato_ folder will work on another (above spec) computer without issue. As I stated on the 21st of November...
Quote:
It will be interesting to see if your _Serato_ folder behaves nicely on another computer.

This will really help us determine what may be happening for you.

Cheers,
Aaron
Star David 7:49 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey Star David

If you are getting flickering values in the scopes when in Internal Mode, it's almost certainly being caused by electrical interference somewhere in the audio chain. If you have no turntables plugged in, it will be somewhere in the Rane device. If you have other gear plugged in, it could be anywhere in the audio chain (RCAs, inputs, internal wiring etc...)

The issue you are having though seems too severe for the minor disturbance to be the root cause. It might not help, but I very much doubt it is at the bottom of it. I for example, get this fluctuation with almost every device I plug in, but I have never had even a minor tracking issue present itself.
What we really need to know is if your _Serato_ folder will work on another (above spec) computer without issue. As I stated on the 21st of November...
Quote:
It will be interesting to see if your _Serato_ folder behaves nicely on another computer.

Cheers,
Aaron

Hi arron . Thanks for your response. I already stated somewhere in this long thread that I tried my serato folder on two computers one being a brand new macbook pro 13" and the same issues presented . Thats were I determined that the problems are software related and within the serato folder and were I found the viral and corrupt files including the dj.gai file which no one seems to want to explain what this file is for . Is this a secret serato file? I think i know what its for but would like someone at sertao to explain it to me so I understand better what this file is for. The problem is these corrupt files keep popping back up even after I have deleted them . and as I stated before I get a video folder in my serato folder that has five to ten duplicate crate files that show up in it, even after I delet the crates or the video folder. They are random and different every time I launch serato. I tried to rebuild the database v2 file again by renaming and opening serato but that makes the instant double and no play from first cue problem come back.
pdidy 3:28 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey Star David

Quote:

Cheers,
Aaron

I guess that saying is true about leading a horse to water.....smh :)
Star David 12:34 AM - 7 March, 2015
Hi Pdidy
As i mentioned before I did try my folder on another 2015 13" mac book pro and had the same issues . It is where I repaired the folder enough to get back my play from first cue point and instant doubles but unfortunately now had the same issue appear after starting a new serato empty folder . Doesn't make any sense I have it back to the serato folder that is somewhat working ok. but as i mentioned a FEW times I have a video folder that keeps popping up in my sub crate folder that houses duplicate crate files and is messing up my serato software. Can you offer any ideas on why that is happening yet? need to really know whats going on and how to permanently delete this video folder as i do not use serato video plug in. thnx