Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 vs Mixtrack Quad vs Pioneer DDJ-SB buying HELP!

earbash 10:05 AM - 25 October, 2014
Hi!
I'm wondering to buy my first controller and need some help to decide. Numark Mixtrack Pro 2, Mixtrack Quad, Pioneer DDJ-SB. What can you buy and why?
raedonquan 10:26 AM - 25 October, 2014
all good choices... your going to have to try them out at your local dj store....

what if we pick one of them and you hate hit..... would u blame us?
earbash 11:09 AM - 25 October, 2014
No, i'm yust informating and curious yours suggestion. That's all.
pdidy 11:46 PM - 25 October, 2014
my choice is none of them including all intro controllers, the pioneer ddj-sr is the lowest level or cheapest i would go.
DJ Ravien 8:14 AM - 26 October, 2014
I have a mixtrack pro 2. I thought it was a good little mixer but I quickly out grew it. Only having 2 channels to mix on was it's biggest down fall even if I dont mix more then two track often I love having the open channels to throw loops or tracks in just for a little fun... (Just waiting for a track to end can get boring) Other then that I didn't have many complaints... lack of knobs effects etc... but thats to be expected in that price range.

I haven't used the ddj-sr but I own a sz which is amazing. Pioneer makes pretty good equipment and is certainly the better brand name not sure that makes it the better controller. Like the guy above said better to try them out and see which you like best. You will probably want something better not too far down the road if you end up sticking with it regardless so best not to spend too much now.

All being said If I had to buy my first controller over again I would be sure to get something with 4 channels. I probably wouldn't of felt the need to upgrade as soon as I did.
deejdave 12:28 AM - 27 October, 2014
True dat. Furthermore I finally did a real side by side and the differences between the SX & SR are actually quite staggering. MUCH to consider when making the final purchase. Then again when it comes to DJing NO "final purchase" is EVER final LOL.