Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

the missing SDJ product

djcerla 12:16 PM - 23 October, 2014
Checking out the Reloop Neon I can't help but imagine a version of the product with a audio/DVS interface.

Basically a "Master" Neon, compatible with the "ordinary", non-audio Neon to provide the second deck control.

This seems like a no-brainer for me and a market-killing option. I don't want to buy a Rane interface just as a SDJ dongle... less cables, less clutter, less USB ports used. It'd be a big win.
dj_soo 6:58 PM - 23 October, 2014
You mean like the akai amx?
djcerla 8:09 PM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:
You mean like the akai amx?

No, not a mixer, a double interface (master+slave) to be connected to the club mixer à la numark V7, with DVS inputs and HID option.
deejdave 2:19 AM - 25 October, 2014
Quote:
with DVS inputs and HID option.

A unit that offer both DVS & HID is called a Pioneer CDJ. It outputs both. If you are speaking of an INput device you are in fact describing a mixer.

Quote:
Basically a "Master" Neon, compatible with the "ordinary", non-audio Neon to provide the second deck control.

If you are describing a Reloop Neon (performance pads & all) with the audio interface built in you are describing a basic controller. Also the reloop Neon IS linkable master/slave style.

I personally think you are asking for a Pioneer CDJ with performance pads built in. The CDJ-2000/NXS comes close as it has the cue point buttons built in.
djcerla 3:49 PM - 25 October, 2014
Quote:
I personally think you are asking for a Pioneer CDJ with performance pads built in.

Not at all! CDJs would be part of this setup. I'll try to be more precise:

"MASTER" NEON unit ---> 2 stereo audio inputs FOR cdjs/turntables, USB for HID input, 2 stereo audio outputs connecting to the club mixer

"SLAVE" NEON unit ---> only provides control, via a link cable connected to the MASTER unit.

So, you'd basically connect the club CDJ's to the MASTER unit via audio or HID, then output both 2 SDJ output channels to the club mixer. No Rane box needed.
Ragman 4:15 PM - 25 October, 2014
So like an SL box but with additional complimentary features to the standard mixer..???
djcerla 9:11 PM - 25 October, 2014
Guys... A Neon with an SL box INSIDE.
deejdave 10:53 PM - 25 October, 2014
Quote:
Guys... A Neon with an SL box INSIDE.

Yeah a controller. Honestly what you are suggesting does not make much sense if it is NOT one of the things we mentioned. The fact that we can't even get on board with what you are trying to suggest hints that it may not be that desirable. A Neon with JUST a sound card inside makes no sense to me. The EXACT scenario you are suggesting ..........Two Neons and ONLY a mixer (with NO need for a SL Box) is already 100% possible.

Plug the Neons into a 900SRT, Akai AMX, Rane 64, Rane 62 Rane 6 or Rane 61 and you would have this exact setup.
Quote:
Quote:
I personally think you are asking for a Pioneer CDJ with performance pads built in.

Not at all! CDJs would be part of this setup. I'll try to be more precise:

"MASTER" NEON unit ---> 2 stereo audio inputs FOR cdjs/turntables, USB for HID input, 2 stereo audio outputs connecting to the club mixer

"SLAVE" NEON unit ---> only provides control, via a link cable connected to the MASTER unit.

So, you'd basically connect the club CDJ's to the MASTER unit via audio or HID, then output both 2 SDJ output channels to the club mixer. No Rane box needed.

BTW you understand the more logic step is to simply support the sound card that is already inside the CDJ and you have the exact same end result NO SL Box NEEDED>
djcerla 2:46 PM - 26 October, 2014
Quote:
900SRT, Akai AMX, Rane 64, Rane 62 Rane 6 or Rane 61 and you would have this exact setup

and how many of these units are found in every club? I've never seen one of these installed, whereas CDJs are everywhere.

Quote:
BTW you understand the more logic step is to simply support the sound card that is already inside the CDJ and you have the exact same end result NO SL Box NEEDED>

This would be even better. Can you do this in Serato DJ?
deejdave 7:42 PM - 26 October, 2014
Quote:
and how many of these units are found in every club? I've never seen one of these installed, whereas CDJs are everywhere.

With the exception of the Rane mixers or the SRT sometimes not very often.
Quote:
This would be even better. Can you do this in Serato DJ?

Not as of yet BUT THIS (Pioneer CDJ soundcards being supported) is actually quite sought after and has been for quite some time. Traktor kandles things like this. I am not sure if we will ever see this but it would certainly be ideal.