Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

TripleHead2Go users.......

the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:01 PM - 16 October, 2014
When projection mapping or when I have room for 3 huge screens I use the TH2G and it's always served me well.

My question is, would I benefit from adding an Extron DVS304 to each output of the TH2G??

My thinking is I could send out 3 800x600 from the TH2G and then jack up the resolution from the 304. Thus taking some weight off my Macbook.

Am I correct in my thinking or should I just send out the highest res possible from my Mac to the TH2G and forget about using 3 Extron 304's??

Thanks for the time and info, most appreciated.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:55 PM - 18 October, 2014
No one here uses these anymore??
Code:E 2:37 AM - 19 October, 2014
I use one sometimes. But I dont know anything about the dvs304
Dj Nyce 4:14 AM - 21 October, 2014
i have the dvs304 and th2go se. i've never thought about using multiple dvs304's on each matrox output. it would definitely reduce resources from the mac by shifting the upscaling duties to the matrox, and do it better. but it would be at the cost of price and convenience.

typically i run the matrox directly to various outputs and only use the extron when the output needs to be scaled.

also the dvs304 has dual outputs so sometimes i'll run 2 outputs from it along with the other 2 from the matrox.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:13 PM - 21 October, 2014
Thanks bro!! That's what I was looking for, I'll experiment and report back how it turns out.

Thanks for the time fellas, most appreciated!! ✌️
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:21 PM - 3 December, 2014
Does anyone know how to make my Mac see 3 different screens when using the TH2G??

I've changed some setting in the PowerDesk software but everytime I expand the video window it takes over all 3 projectors.

I want 3 different things on all 3 screens without having to use Resolume.

Can it be done??
Code:E 11:44 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Does anyone know how to make my Mac see 3 different screens when using the TH2G??

I've changed some setting in the PowerDesk software but everytime I expand the video window it takes over all 3 projectors.

I want 3 different things on all 3 screens without having to use Resolume.

Can it be done??

I dont think this can be done with a triple head. the computer sees the triple head as the screen.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:22 AM - 4 December, 2014
Hmm I could of swore you could.

With the PowerDesk software you can actually split the 3 screens and have programs open up on a certain one. I was doing this all on a PC and got the programs to open up where I wanted but when it came to the expanding the video window it would just take all 3 projectors.

Thanks for chiming in Code:E, maybe I can get Nyce to also chime in 😜
Dj Nyce 5:06 AM - 4 December, 2014
are you using the latest version of PowerDesk (1.04.05.003)? i'm assuming you have the number of displays set to 3? make sure the 'swap active window keyboard shortcut' is enabled.

to move your apps to a window, make it active (click on it) and use the keyboard shortcut and then the screen number (1, 2 or 3).
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:15 AM - 4 December, 2014
Hmm Im doing everything you said and nothing is happening, the apps don't move they just stay on my laptops screen.

Heres a screen shot of my settings, i57.tinypic.com

Does it make a difference if Im using a mac or pc??

Thanks for the time!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:22 AM - 4 December, 2014
Ok so I can only get it to work with a Safari page, no other programs switch screens. I tried the Serato Video screen and it doesn't move, I tried VDJ's video screen and it doesn't move.

Something about these programs doesn't work with the TH2G........

Kinda bummed out about it now.