Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tip: Quick Smart Crates

1:53 AM, 16 Oct 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 6:51 PM - 19 December, 2014
Smart crates rock! So under utilized by most DJ's I know. I have Smart crates set up for Key's, Genres, Decades, Clean - Dirty, Instrumentals, Acapellas. Thanks Serato for such a useful feature!
Dj AR1 7:17 AM - 23 December, 2014
does the songs goes in automatically or i have do it manually?
DJ Jimmy C 4:49 AM - 5 January, 2015
it's automatic. you have to be specific about the rule you put in. It may not find exactly what you are looking for. Take the time to play with it and understand what you really want. I have a crate strictly for requested artist. I just insert the name and the track appear.
Dj MacMillz 2:31 AM - 7 January, 2015
Quote:
it's automatic. you have to be specific about the rule you put in. It may not find exactly what you are looking for. Take the time to play with it and understand what you really want. I have a crate strictly for requested artist. I just insert the name and the track appear.

+1

To chime in, I've got it set to BPM ranges in increments of 5 ex: 90-95, 96-100 etc.

I've also got a smart crate for my clean tag (Clean), all songs marked with that tag in the song name, gets filtered in and populated, so when the time comes, it's all there and I won't have to stray from that 1 crate.

Even though you can achieve most of the sorting options with proper tagging along with codes, this method when used alone or even in conjunction, works great.
DBG 12:09 PM - 29 January, 2015
how would you use smart crate to sort say 90's music
DJ Jimmy C 5:28 AM - 23 February, 2015
this is what you do. You will select year in the first column. then select after. then select 1990.
add another rule start with year, then before, then 2000. that should work for you. i just tried it and worked for me just fine.
Dj Phlexx 1:38 PM - 10 August, 2015
It a really good tool The only rule that is missing here is the location rule.For example i keep my songs in maps on my harddrive just in case i want them on a USB stick to Go. Every Time i add new songs to my structure i have to manually update my maps in serato this could be solved by a location rule and save me alot of time.Things to Think about i'm not The only one this subject.
eddiec63 12:23 AM - 9 January, 2017
Can I do this with different genres like in my case Salsa Merengue etc ...
stylez2004 12:19 AM - 19 January, 2017
I have smart crates for clean, instrumentals, acapellas, 90s, etc. I need to just get rid of my folders and just have nothing but smart crates, but that would take some serious, time-consuming work. I have 47 crates but over 500 subcrates some are smart crates. I really need to do a lot of house cleaning on my Searto database. I love smart crates.
Marcus R. Barrett 3:51 AM - 27 September, 2017
This a good info for me since I'm a newbie from this application. i even created a
logo for my serato app on my laptop attached and i bought that here: www.stickermarket.co.uk