Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato video lag issues....

DJ_JimmyBeats 4:20 AM - 13 October, 2014
I ran into a problem this weekend while running Serato Video. Some of the videos were lagging and some were not. Seems to be just the ones ive downloaded in full hd (720p and 1080p). Now Ive never had this problem before from what i can remember and the only thing different i did this weekend was run an HDMI output instead of going VGA like i do at other venues. Here are my specs i7 core, 8 gigs ram (2 dedicated video) nvidia geforce gt745, windows 8.1
Code:E 4:34 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
windows 8.1

(mythbusters voice) there your problem.

But in all seriousness, you computer should be powerful enough (if it was a mac), but it's not, so something is going on. Make sure you read the serato FAQ on how to optimize your PC for playing video's.

Next I bet your HDMI is sendout out a much higher res than the VGA was. I would drop your output quality (in serato to medium) and the output resolution on the computer to 480p.

You should be fine then.
Code:E 4:37 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
(2 dedicated video) nvidia geforce gt745, windows 8.1

Wait does this mean your computer is sharing ram with the video card? So 2 GB of ram are running video and you get 6Gb of ram?

If thats the case it's definitely your computer. You need to upgrade to something with a Dedicated Video card, meaning NO memory is shared. The video card should have it's own memory. In the mean time (it may not help all that much or at all) upgrade that computer to 16GB ram.

But for now save every penny from every gig you do until you can buy a better computer. Please ask the community for opinions before you buy also. There are so many computers out there with little bugs and issues and not one of us knows them all. It best to ask before you buy.
DJ_JimmyBeats 4:26 AM - 15 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
(2 dedicated video) nvidia geforce gt745, windows 8.1

Wait does this mean your computer is sharing ram with the video card? So 2 GB of ram are running video and you get 6Gb of ram?

If thats the case it's definitely your computer. You need to upgrade to something with a Dedicated Video card, meaning NO memory is shared. The video card should have it's own memory. In the mean time (it may not help all that much or at all) upgrade that computer to 16GB ram.

But for now save every penny from every gig you do until you can buy a better computer. Please ask the community for opinions before you buy also. There are so many computers out there with little bugs and issues and not one of us knows them all. It best to ask before you buy.

The 2 GB is dedicated video ram so it shouldn't be sharing with the other 6. I know i can add another 8 GB of ram onto it which wouldn't hurt just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Serato just emailed me back and told me to adjust the delay compensation and see how that works since i was broadcasting to multiple T.V's.
Code:E 5:57 PM - 16 October, 2014
Quote:
The 2 GB is dedicated video ram so it shouldn't be sharing with the other 6.

No I dont think you understand how dedicated memory works. If your ram (any part of it) is being used for video than its shared and shit. If you dont see all 8 GB of ram as ram than you dont have a dedicated video card. A dedicated card has its own memory in another place int he computer and it doesn't use the ram in any way shape or form.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:03 PM - 16 October, 2014
It's not shared, I have the same card in my Asus and it's a full 2 gig of unshared memory.
DJ_JimmyBeats 6:53 AM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:
It's not shared, I have the same card in my Asus and it's a full 2 gig of unshared memory.

good to know. But what about the delay compensation? Guess I'll try that out this weekend.
Code:E 7:06 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

good to know. But what about the delay compensation? Guess I'll try that out this weekend.

Delay compensation is not something you should play with because your computer is slow or fast.

Delay Compensation is for when you playing on a big system and the video system has lag because of long runs. or the audio system has delay because its so big.
DJ_JimmyBeats 4:07 AM - 31 October, 2014
Delay compensation is not something you should play with because your computer is slow or fast.

Delay Compensation is for when you playing on a big system and the video system has lag because of long runs. or the audio system has delay because its so big.

The venue i was at was both of the the above. audio and video is a massive system. delays in both video and audio. unfortunately i haven't been back there yet to try it out.