Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Anyone get the Ddj-Sx2 yet?

stevie o 1:04 PM - 9 October, 2014
I pre ordered months ago and waiting anxiously. I have been searching the net everyday but shipping details are nowhere to be found. Just wondering if anyone got theirs yet. Thanks.
the0bone 3:54 PM - 9 October, 2014
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone got theirs yet.

Yes, since Sept 24th.
Have some videos on youtube, if you can't wait :-) youtu.be
Ariel M 8:25 PM - 9 October, 2014
the0bone, How's the platter tension when you do spinback? Is it as stiff as the old ddj-sx? It sucks when you spinback with the old sx. If pioneer improved or adjusted it then it's time for me to upgrade my old SX.
938MyDJ 10:31 PM - 9 October, 2014
I am starting to get spoiled with the SZ's colored pads.
Even if the platters are the same as the version 1, I will still upgrade.

Besides, the price is just quite similar and it would be hard to sell the SX1 once SX2 are all over the music stores.

PS... The dedicated Flip buttons are a plus too.
938MyDJ 10:43 PM - 9 October, 2014
But I also wish for a better jogwheel/platter response.
Ariel M 4:13 AM - 10 October, 2014
Jodi, I know you have both SX1 and SZ. When you upgrade your old SX to SX2 are you still keeping your SZ? If not, let me know then I will call you and let's talk about it hehe!
938MyDJ 4:21 AM - 10 October, 2014
I am keeping it for sure, man! My CDJ/DJM set up is more close to getting disposed than the SZ... Lol!
the0bone 5:21 AM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:
the0bone, How's the platter tension when you do spinback? Is it as stiff as the old ddj-sx? It sucks when you spinback with the old sx. If pioneer improved or adjusted it then it's time for me to upgrade my old SX.

This is my first DDJ and I also never worked on CDJ before. So I can't compare.
But the wheel itself stops very soon, after spinning. half or quarter round.
But the sound keeps spinning and after some practice, I can nearly exactly spin like on my 1210. So Beatjuggling with a full plattern round will work.

But it is not the same and in the first moment a natural feeling if you come from turntables.

Also I could not find a adjustjment of the tension. And I think my right deck it softer as the left one.

One word to the colored pads:
I would not change before they fixed this issue: Watchwww.youtube.com
938MyDJ 11:35 PM - 10 October, 2014
I got mine today!

Just like the NS6 way years back, I got the first ever unit at Long & McQuade Downtown Edmonton.
938MyDJ 11:39 PM - 10 October, 2014
'Just wondering if the Hot-Cue LED issue is happening to ALL units?
Any word from Serato or Pioneer about this yet?
938MyDJ 2:01 AM - 11 October, 2014
I tested my SX2 just now. I am also having the Hot-Cue 1 NOT lighting up.

But there's a workaround that I discovered if not yet mentioned here.

Just DELETE the Hot-Cue and Re-ASSIGN it.
938MyDJ 2:07 AM - 11 October, 2014
And it's NOT just the Hot-Cue 1 : (
Some songs ALL Hot-Cues are UNLIT
Others with 2 or 3 Unlit.
shadow23 2:28 AM - 11 October, 2014
Quote:
I got mine today!

Sigh we still don't it here in Australia.
938MyDJ 3:00 AM - 11 October, 2014
After RTFM, it seems like there's NO led issue on Hot-Cues at all.
The HOT CUE Mode Button toggles between Hot Cue (White) and Flip (Aqua Blue).

All my cue points are visible now!

: )

I will keep testing for consistency though.
the0bone 7:10 AM - 11 October, 2014
Quote:
Any word from Serato or Pioneer about this yet?

Serato have a ticket open and replied: "This is a known issue to us now and we are working together with Pioneer to find solution"

Pioneer just replied, that they forward it to the correct department.
the0bone 7:34 AM - 11 October, 2014
Quote:

The HOT CUE Mode Button toggles between Hot Cue (White) and Flip (Aqua Blue).

But it will not toggle if I scroll the crates youtu.be
stevie o 11:55 PM - 11 October, 2014
No sign of the sx2 in the us
Big D NYC 5:16 PM - 14 October, 2014
Recieved My SX2 a week ago shipped in from Canada. Crazy how availability in the U.S. is still limited!. Love the little additions and upgrades over My SX, which prior to that was a huge difference over My SB. The Jogwjeels on the SX2 do seem to have improved reaction time over My SX and the on jog digital cue point markers are a nice addition.

Noticed the same issue the other day with some to all lights not activating on the Hot Cue pads for random tracks. Also figured out to delete the cue point and re cue it to activate the light function. Hopefully that bug is rectified soon. Other than that I've had a pretty much flawless operation with the hardware.
the0bone 9:16 AM - 15 October, 2014
Quote:
Noticed the same issue the other day with some to all lights not activating on the Hot Cue pads for random tracks. Also figured out to delete the cue point and re cue it to activate the light function. Hopefully that bug is rectified soon.

Could you please report it as well to Serato and Pioneer. As I wrote, they are working on that but as more users report the bug, as higher the ticked might be ranked. :-)
Big D NYC 4:55 PM - 15 October, 2014
Quote:
Could you please report it as well to Serato and Pioneer. As I wrote, they are working on that but as more users report the bug, as higher the ticked might be ranked. :-)

Gotcha 0bone. Will do
shadow23 8:08 AM - 23 October, 2014
Some shops here (Australia) has got them. The one closest to me are still waiting for stock to arrive. I placed an order and it's only $1005USD ($1146AUD). The other DJ store in Sydney Australia is selling them for $1183USD ($1349AUD) which they have in stock.

Besides being dearer in Sydney, it's about a 2 hour drive from where I live. I'm just glad there's some units here in Australia. Now for the hardest bit is the waiting game of when I will get my grubby hands on it.
shadow23 6:12 AM - 28 October, 2014
Finally got my SX2! I must say after just a few minutes of playing with it, I LOVE IT!
stevie o 6:25 PM - 30 October, 2014
I got mine today. Tested it With turntables and video and its awesome. Sucks that smart sync don't work.
shadow23 8:08 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
I got mine today. Tested it With turntables and video and its awesome. Sucks that smart sync don't work.

Oh well you'll always have your ears to sync manually
stevie o 11:35 PM - 30 October, 2014
I don't know how to. It seems very difficult
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 12:48 AM - 31 October, 2014
Hi Stevie O,

Does simple sync not do the business for you?

Smart Sync with DVS is something we may look into in the future, it is far more complicated then implementing simple sync for DVS due to wow and flutter found in turntables! If you really feel its an important feature look for some support in our feature request area which is monitored by our Product team, you can find this here; serato.com

Cheers,

Jas.
stevie o 2:00 AM - 31 October, 2014
No. I don't even use sync to mix. Never have. I grew up djin in the 90's on vinyl. I just want sp6 smart sync and it is disabled because dvs is active. I don't see why the sp6 has to be disabled. Why can't the turntable use simple sync by default and smart sync work independently for the sp6. Hate to mention traktor because I have serato in my blood since 1.0 but they really nailed it with the remix decks.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 2:05 AM - 31 October, 2014
Ah I see, sorry I misunderstood - you just want it for some SP-6 action, cool man I think this would not be possible currenlty because a master tempo is set by the decks not the SP-6 slots but this could be a really cool feature for an update of the SP-6 so pop it in the feature request spot and get some support from the community and our Product team can look over the idea!

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts man!
DJSCIASCIA 4:05 AM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Noticed the same issue the other day with some to all lights not activating on the Hot Cue pads for random tracks. Also figured out to delete the cue point and re cue it to activate the light function. Hopefully that bug is rectified soon.

This might fix that.

pioneerdj.com
the0bone 8:15 AM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:

This might fix that.

pioneerdj.com

Also the 1.7.2 fixed it! But thanks for the info of firmware update!