Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Desktop real estate? Serato Scratch Live & Mix Emergency & Resolume Avenue

Betow 3:09 PM - 23 September, 2014
Hello All,

Just wondering how some of you Video dj's use your desktop space to run all three programs. Currently I am alt + tabbing between each program (mostly Serato & Avenue), and was curious if anyone had any easier process?

I have a 15" MBP (non retina). I know you can "tack" MixEmergency to the desktop, so it stays on top of the other programs. Not bad when Serato is full screen on my main desktop, but when I switch over to Resolume, the screen becomes a bit cluttered.

I remember catching a video of VJ Blaze at a Las Vegas DJ Conference on his 17in MBP running all 3 at once on his desktop, but can't seem to find the video anymore to see how he does it.

Thanks,

Nic
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:48 PM - 23 September, 2014
I use a MyCINQ usb screen for Resolume. It looks like this, instagram.com

And here it is on my Windows machine with Resolume, instagram.com

Both my Mac and PC are 15" so you can get the general idea of how big it is.

Hope that helps........
Betow 7:23 PM - 23 September, 2014
I found this video of VJ Blaze's setup here...

Watchwww.youtube.com

I have tried replicating the setup with my 15inch Macbook pro (VJ Blaze has a 17" MBP), Serato in a smaller scratch window, Mixemergency pinned over the top of both Serato & Resolume Avenue.

It's a little tight, but do-able. Possibly in a year or two I'll upgrade to a Retina MBP and have a little more desktop to work with.

Thanks,

Nic
Code:E 10:51 PM - 30 September, 2014
Just use the 3 finger swipe and put resloume on its own desktop. and leave Serato + ME on there own. And swipe between them when needed.
Dj Nyce 7:30 PM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:
Just use the 3 finger swipe and put resloume on its own desktop. and leave Serato + ME on there own. And swipe between them when needed.

this.

i have a 17" and have plenty of screen, bu i prefer resolume to be on its own desktop @ full screen. i 3 finger swipe between sdj+me on one desktop and resolume on another desktop.
Betow 5:59 PM - 29 October, 2014
Dear Lord THIS IS AWESOME!!!, the 3 finger swipe is ALOT easier than Alt+Tabbing all night. Thanks for this trick Code:E & DJ Nyce!!!
Code:E 6:55 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Dear Lord THIS IS AWESOME!!!, the 3 finger swipe is ALOT easier than Alt+Tabbing all night. Thanks for this trick Code:E & DJ Nyce!!!

Your welcome
popnwave 5:51 AM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Your welcome

It took me a long time to notice how handy that was too.. so many little features of OSX we forget about.
Betow 4:25 PM - 2 November, 2014
Hey Guys, when I do the 3 finger swipe to another space, the external video also changes spaces...

So, in space one (1st Desktop) I have Serato & ME running, and on the second space (2nd Desktop) I am running Resolume Avenue. However when I try changing spaces, the video output, (which is carrying the music video output) also changes spaces. So one moment I'll have the music videos running on the TV's, then when I change spaces, a new desktop is also showing on the TV Screens.

How did you guys get around this?

As always, thanks for your help!
DJMark 4:59 PM - 2 November, 2014
I think un-checking "Displays have separate spaces" in System Preferences/Mission Control fixes that.
Betow 6:08 PM - 2 November, 2014
"Display have separate spaces" was unchecked, once checked the machine required a "Log out"/"Restart"... after the restart, everything is working properly. So Basically All but "Show Dashboard As A Space" is checked in Mission control.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks!