DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Upcoming Rane Mixer?

DJ FLVR 6:09 PM - 19 September, 2014
Anyone thinks that Rane might come up with a new 2 Channel mixer anytime in the near future? (successor for the Rane 62???)

Rane 62 was built to go hand in hand with Serato Scratch Live, however now with Serato DJ being the flagship software and all the new features (8 cues, slicer mode, 8 pads per deck etc... ) I am wondering if I should go for the 62 or possibly wait for another year or so..

I got my TTM 57SL about a year before the 62 came out, definitely don't wanna buy another flagship mixer that gets outdated within a year or so lol... Last time it took Rane about 6 years to advance from the TTM 57 to Rane 62
Niro 6:33 PM - 19 September, 2014
The question is what are you looking for in a mixer? The 57 was awesome and still awesome. I don't think the 62 is going anywhere anytime soon, it's slowly but surely replacing the 57 as a club standard 2 channel mixer. SDJ will probably change quite a bit from now to later and the 62 has enough buttons and knobs to accommodate the changes. Also the ability to midi map them makes it highly customizable. In short, you'll be fine either way, the only problem with waiting is there will always be something new to wait for. Good luck
DJ FLVR 6:35 PM - 19 September, 2014
No doubt about it... theres is always something newer around the corner. THANKS!