DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Macbook Pro Battery

DjJPilz 5:02 PM - 19 September, 2014
So I'm going to be maxing out my ram on my Mid 2009 Macbook Pro. In addtion, I need a new battery. I've been looking through Amazon to find a battery to replace. However it seems like people that have bought a battery they seem to run into issues (not working properly). Just need some feedback on where I can find a battery and if you had this same situation where you had replace your battery.
MPC O.G. 6:20 PM - 19 September, 2014
OWC ( Other World Computing) is pretty good.
dj jamalot 7:27 PM - 19 September, 2014
if the spec's aren't that great maxxing out the ram will do nothing...
spinnyspin 7:34 PM - 19 September, 2014
This is one time when I think it's best to just suck it up and get the real deal from Apple. Unfortunately Chinese laptop batteries are almost never as good as the real things, and the best ones are priced close to the originals anyway, so you end up not saving much money in the long-run when you need to replace that one earlier.

Power source can also impact the operation of the computer a lot, so it's not something you really want to mess with, particularly as a DJ.
DjJPilz 8:25 PM - 19 September, 2014
Honestly it's not as big deal for me to upgrade but it would be nice to max the RAM and replace battery if it will optimized the performance. I don't really have any issues running my Macbook on Serato DJ 1.7 and pitch n time. Eventually I know that I will have to invest in a new MacBook pro and then use this one for production.
dj jamalot 11:51 PM - 19 September, 2014
Don't buy the cheapo batteries from eBay they don't last... Unless you are selling the Mac.