Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

serato flip to shorten tracks

Rotton 9:31 AM - 18 September, 2014
Hey I'm try to shorten my tracks but can't seem to get it right.

I set my cue point to where I want my track to jump.

Hit quantize

Hit flip record

Goto start of the track and wait for the build
Press the cue at the right time.

Flip only starts recording the cue and after I want it to record the start skip the middle n record the end. What do I do?
jmims 1:08 PM - 18 September, 2014
Flip only records when you hit that first cue. There is no need for it to record the beginning of a track when you didn't flip it till a certain point to get to the end.

If your trying to do something different at the beginning of the song then start with a cue.
signs 6:41 PM - 18 September, 2014
Set a cuepoint at the Besinnung. Go to tagt cuepoint and start recording. press the First cuepoint again. Flip Records now.go to tue Position where you want to jump. Press the 2nd cuepoint. Stop recording. Disable Loop. Save Flip 😉
&Midge 9:07 PM - 18 September, 2014
Rotton 9:22 PM - 18 September, 2014
Yeah managed to get it in the end. I didn't realize you have to turn the flip point off and on before it displays properly.

Thanks for your help
Rotton 1:27 AM - 19 September, 2014
just to elaberate on this now im not typing on my phone, i imagine someone else will stumble across the same thing.

Even though flip records correctly following the instructions above, when you let it play through you wave form is correct up until the first cue point
then greys out the middle which it skips.
The point it skips to is still greyed out and continues to play, not a big deal as it works but its confusing for people. it should really only play the bits that in colour and not darkened.

Anyway thanks for the help all
Serato, Support
Karl Y 11:36 AM - 22 September, 2014
Thanks Konix for the video :)