Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ 1.7 Analysis Issues

thisisJNR 9:09 AM - 18 September, 2014
Before I start I want to say that SDJ 1.7 is by far the most stable version I have used to date. Working on a Macbook Unibody 2.0GHZ with 4GB of RAM under the latest version of Mavericks and with a library consisting of just over 15000 FLAC files the only issues I've ever had is freezing on tracks (as if theyre corrupt) during analysis of the full library.

SDJ 1.7 fixed that but with a slight bug... a handful of tracks which I know to be 70BPM are being analysed at 93.33BPM when a fresh analysis has taken place under 1.7. this isnt a huge issue as I just manually edit these when I come across them but thought I would see if anyone else has came across this issue?
Riko Roos 9:53 AM - 18 September, 2014
Wondering you have no other issues with flac?
What about artwork and initial key readout?
thisisJNR 4:07 PM - 18 September, 2014
Out of habit i've kept my library very streamlined, no artwork and haven't incoroprated Key tags yet. What issues are you having? Now that SDJ1.7 has improved the library management I may look to include other metadata such as Key and coverart
Riko Roos 11:09 AM - 19 September, 2014
It doesn't read the tags at all. I need to convert all to ALAC, but basically these two file types are identical...
thisisJNR 4:31 PM - 19 September, 2014
Did you have this issue with any previous versions? i'll give it ago. FLAC and ALAC both serve the same purpose although ALAC has the advantage iTunes support. would be a shame to have to spend time transcoding your library due to an issue like this
Frankie Glasses 5:40 PM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:

SDJ 1.7 fixed that but with a slight bug... a handful of tracks which I know to be 70BPM are being analysed at 93.33BPM when a fresh analysis has taken place under 1.7. this isnt a huge issue as I just manually edit these when I come across them but thought I would see if anyone else has came across this issue?

Interesting, thought it was a fluke at the time, but now remembering, i have a few tracks that had the same 93.33bpm and had to change to correct bpm. These were mp3's though. I also get the lock on new tracks that i DL'd from a pool as well. Didnt get that on SSL
thisisJNR 6:06 PM - 19 September, 2014
So this confirms that it's not a FLAC issue. Can you remember if the BPMs you had to correct were really around the 70/140BPM mark??
Frankie Glasses 6:36 PM - 19 September, 2014
they were. I am going to upload a video of something new that i am now seeing regarding this.
Frankie Glasses 7:01 PM - 19 September, 2014
Well i guess i cant upload direct to here. Basically i have a track that shows as 70 bpm in the library portion but then it shows 93 bpm on the virtual platter and track info above the virtual platter. Wierd. Havent seen that......until now
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:33 AM - 22 September, 2014
Hi thisisJNR

did you set the analyze range in Serato DJ's offline player?
If you have set it to 78 - 155, it can't set a BPM of 70

What happens if you select "none" from the drop down?

Cheers
Karl
thisisJNR 7:09 PM - 22 September, 2014
Hi Karl,
My range is set to 68-135 (I mix HipHop/RnB) and this has always been the case. I shall give it a go without a range set and report the results tomorrow
DJ BIS 7:28 AM - 25 September, 2014
I get analysis lock-ups from time to time.
Takes a long time for song to finish.
Frankie Glasses 10:03 PM - 25 September, 2014
I get that from time to time. Maybe takes about 45 seconds for a MP4 file about 2 1/2 min long....NH NM
I usually hit reanalyse again and do it again with no issues.
thisisJNR 12:58 PM - 29 September, 2014
I did a run on a clean library using the previous version of SDJ and it seems to have the same results... tracks being reported as 93.33 when they are infact around 70BPM (I must have manually edited them last time I guess).
So in conclusion this isn't a 1.7 release issue, (not really a huge issue anyway) so far I am yet to encounter any other issues with SDJ 1.7 that were not present with within 1.6.3 making SDJ 1.7 a solid improvement over it's predecessor (for me anyway)
Frankie Glasses 7:50 PM - 29 September, 2014
@thisisJNR
Just curious on your setup. Specs on your Laptop. Are you using a controller or a piece of Rane hardware.
thisisJNR 8:25 AM - 30 September, 2014
Hey Frankie, I am mainly using a Pioneer DDJ-SX (Original MK1 Model) but on rare occasions use an SL2/SL3
Frankie Glasses 6:06 PM - 30 September, 2014
Thanks for the info. was curious as most issues that i am seeing on SDJ 1.7 are users using rane 61,62.