Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Feature request: V7 HID control

EvolutionaryFault 9:41 PM - 15 September, 2014
I don't know if it's possible, but I figure it shouldn't be out of the realms of reason that a V7 can/should be able to act as a slave HID controller with something else SDJ approved running more decks.

Situaton:
I just upgraded from a pair of V7's and analogue mixer to an NS7ii. I had read a few places I'd be able to put my V7's thru as DVS, so I've held onto them until the DVS expansion came out and burst my bubble.
I'm now likely to sell my V7's for HID compliant CDJs; but it's a sizeable investment for me to get anything of similar quality to the V7 (never mind hot cues AND loops on anything less than a 2000). I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and downgrade to 850's :(

The V7 really was a masterpiece...

My logic:
I know from the last five years that I V7/NS7s never played nice as HID controllers because of the spinning platters and some techno voodoo meant nobody would try mapping them.

SDJ already has working (excellent) tracking/maps for the V7 & platters. I know that multiple SDJ controllers don't play nice, but why not just put the V7's sound card on a software 'switch'? I can live without assigning it past deck 1/2, even without the cues/loops, but the platter alone would be glorious. (play pause cues and bleep shouldn't be too hard to implement though,as they're already mapped...). Don't even bring the FX controls over!

Anyway; before I tried to hock my old kit and try to put more away than the NS7 cost; I just wanted to know it it was possible, viable, or (maybe) a goal for the developers?

post if you think it's not beyond reason!
DJMIYAGI 12:27 AM - 22 January, 2015
+1
The V7s need this feature. I have 1200s and an SL4 and it would be awesome to use the V7 for controlling decks 3 and 4.
katmoda 1:08 PM - 22 June, 2015
+1

I would love to use 2 x V7 and an AMX (yes I know its a controller but come on).