Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Have an option to Hide Bpm (Workaround)

davec54 3:38 PM - 6 September, 2014
I would like for serato to come up with a way to hide the bpm. Shouldnt look at the screen anyway other than switching tracks but im always looking at it for effects and changing tracks.

i have come up with a workaround

Download this........

download.cnet.com

I then made an image in photoshop with 4 black boxes to cover up each bpm counter on each deck in horizontal view.

Make sure to make this image transparent so theres nothing behind them. it takes a while to stretch the image in the app depending on your screen size but im happy i have this function now :) i will have a go at putting the image up

hope this helps some people

Cheers, Dave
davec54 3:48 PM - 6 September, 2014
Quote:
I would like for serato to come up with a way to hide the bpm. Shouldnt look at the screen anyway other than switching tracks but im always looking at it for effects and changing tracks.

i have come up with a workaround

Download this........

download.cnet.com

I then made an image in photoshop with 4 black boxes to cover up each bpm counter on each deck in horizontal view.

Make sure to make this image transparent so theres nothing behind them. it takes a while to stretch the image in the app depending on your screen size but im happy i have this function now :) i will have a go at putting the image up

hope this helps some people

Cheers, Dave

This i what it looks like in serato - imgur.com

This is the link to the black box layout - imgur.com

it took me forever to create! lining it up over and over again lol

if this helps anyone and you have a go yourself then let me know how you get on :)
dj zaza 1:19 PM - 7 September, 2014
I do not understand why there are these useless requests, we have mixed for years without help, now that the technology has evolved we want to go back. all this just because you are afraid of being told that you look at the bpm or using the sync. if you are sure of its quality as a DJ, you can have it all possible aid, then if you have to demonstrate your technique, then down the pc screen two beautiful vinyls and go to ear and pitch
davec54 2:51 PM - 7 September, 2014
Quote:
I do not understand why there are these useless requests, we have mixed for years without help, now that the technology has evolved we want to go back. all this just because you are afraid of being told that you look at the bpm or using the sync. if you are sure of its quality as a DJ, you can have it all possible aid, then if you have to demonstrate your technique, then down the pc screen two beautiful vinyls and go to ear and pitch

I'd just rather it wasn't there at all, stops you being lazy and i can use serato remote to see if i've beatmatched it perfectly every now and again. sort of like a training tool :)
dj zaza 3:02 PM - 7 September, 2014
ok, it is a convenience them always visible, regardless of the fact that one uses it to put in the time traces. even then some I do not like to stand there looking at the screen, but it's still a point of reference. then every one is free to think his own way. but it's like having a Ferrari and limit the power๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‰
deejdave 11:29 PM - 10 September, 2014
Why does it just seem like self control is the answer here?
djkurve 8:05 PM - 11 September, 2014
You could just hit spacebar.....
davec54 1:57 AM - 12 September, 2014
Quote:
You could just hit spacebar.....

Spacebar doesn't hide the bpm though
djkurve 2:38 AM - 12 September, 2014
Quote:
Why does it just seem like self control is the answer here?

+1

You know seeing the BPM isn't a bad thing, right? Remember back in the days when we use to mark our records by BPM? Well at least I did....
Davideon 7:58 PM - 13 September, 2014
I didn't even know it showed the pitch percentage til last week. Although i may "see" the info I sure as hell don't look at it.

This has to be the saddest thread ever.

As if djing is only about beat matching . So the crowd might say "you're only pulling off that mix because you have a visual display of the bpm"?
davec54 11:00 PM - 17 September, 2014
Really don't understand why people have to attack on here.

This is put up for people who would like a way to hide the bpm.

If you don't like it then don't read it.

I don't dj out and about. I don't care what others think. I enjoy djing more when i can't see anything helping me.

Everyone likes their setup a different way, what's the point in judging people on the way they like to do things. We are all djs now let's focus on having fun and loving the music! :)