DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

itunes library help

DJ Dub (DC's Own) 3:36 PM - 2 September, 2014
I want to consolidate all of my iTunes music files (mp3's) into the music folder but not into separate sub-folders, I want just all of the mp3's in one folder. Is this recommended or not... I have read that the shorter the file path the better for larger libraries...

Thank you in advance....
 6 6:03 PM - 2 September, 2014
Yes. This is the way to go and that's exactly what I did before switching to Serato DJ and I haven't had any problems.

nm
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 7:07 PM - 2 September, 2014
Six thanks and I am in the process of finishing up my codes as well thank you for that... I have all of my music on a 4tb external, and when I wiped out iTunes and reloaded my music with the Manage My Music unchecked it still loaded them into folders??? Your thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
djnak 7:32 PM - 2 September, 2014
did you by chance drop them into the automatically add folder? If so It will still organize the things you put in there regardless if manage ITunes is on or not....

With manage itunes Off Use the add folder button...
 6 7:49 PM - 2 September, 2014
Quote:
did you by chance drop them into the automatically add folder? If so It will still organize the things you put in there regardless if manage ITunes is on or not....

With manage itunes Off Use the add folder button...

What he said.

nm
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 9:03 PM - 16 September, 2014
6 & djnak I tried again making sure I wasn't dropping them into the auto add folder and still no luck. All of my music resides on an external hd and a mirror backup on another external hd. Suggestions and again thank you again for your assistance...
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 4:05 PM - 24 September, 2014
I found an app called "Bundle Files" and it worked out perfectly....
Jake2007 5:57 PM - 22 November, 2014
Hey DJ Dub! Where might i be able to find that app BUNDLE FILES? Thx any help is appreciated!
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 8:53 PM - 25 November, 2014
Hi Jake.... sorry for the delay: gotoes.org
Jake2007 9:12 PM - 25 November, 2014
Thank you again DJ Dub!!!!! Saved me a hassle of work!!!!
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 9:40 PM - 25 November, 2014
Let me know how it goes... I had a major setback with my library (user error..LOL) but I hope to be back up in the next week...