Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Now Available: Serato DJ 1.7

12:01 PM, 1 Sep 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
gcastro723 12:45 AM - 2 September, 2014
How would I go about updating my SL2? theres nothing saying "update hardware" on the sidebar, and with this update my tracks do not play in any mode.
Serato, Support
Mak T 12:55 AM - 2 September, 2014
Hey gcastro,

Are you using a Mac computer? With your Rane SL2 plugged in, open up System Preferences and locate the SL2 icon at the bottom of this window. Click to open, and locate the Update Firmware button.

Cheers
gcastro723 12:57 AM - 2 September, 2014
Quote:
Hey gcastro,

Are you using a Mac computer? With your Rane SL2 plugged in, open up System Preferences and locate the SL2 icon at the bottom of this window. Click to open, and locate the Update Firmware button.

Cheers

Got it, yeah I actually checked there to see if the button was available, but it was greyed out (SDJ was closed when I checked.)

As for my tracks not playing issue, a restart of SDJ fixed it.

Thanks for a quick response!
XclusiveCity 1:22 AM - 2 September, 2014
Nice! The latest beta version was pretty stable... I hope this version is better!
dj 69 2:09 AM - 2 September, 2014
esta versión funciona con SX y gracias
hellsong 2:10 AM - 2 September, 2014
Serato & Company, I just wanted to say a big "Thank You!" For all that you have provided us! I had the opportunity to play with Traktor (after using Serato for months), and I must say, I am glad I'm sticking with you guys!

So keep up the good work! Keep those updates and features coming!
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:41 AM - 2 September, 2014
Quote:
Serato & Company, I just wanted to say a big "Thank You!" For all that you have provided us! I had the opportunity to play with Traktor (after using Serato for months), and I must say, I am glad I'm sticking with you guys!

So keep up the good work! Keep those updates and features coming!

we got you man!
d.j. james 3:02 AM - 2 September, 2014
Hi serato have the bugs been taking care of for the ns7 2? Im still using beta and I dont want use 1.7 if it crashes.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:21 AM - 2 September, 2014
Hey James, the official release is more up to date than the public beta and should be even more stable. If you check out the full release notes you can see the full list of what's changed and what's been fixed: serato.com/dj/downloads/1.7.0/releasenotes

I'd recommend updating if you've been using the beta version.

Sam.
XclusiveCity 6:57 AM - 2 September, 2014
This is probably the most stable version yet... Starting to feel a lot more like SSL as far as stability!
clearblu 8:54 AM - 2 September, 2014
Starting to feel more polished and workflow is far,far better for me , still a bit fussy on the gui when compared to ssl and Itch but seriously it's so much better now.
Good job and thank's to Dave and Martin for listening to us moaning b*stards
:)
Zied Ben Jannet 10:28 AM - 2 September, 2014
MacBook Pro I7
rane sixty tow
Dicer

Say I have the fastest computers and the smallest Midi and Hardware Requirements for Serato DJ
No complicated Controller or effects processor or blender off.

Does that mean I should be able to hang with the super thing.

My setup:
1ms latency
Keylock to
Time to Pitch

problems:
As soon as I load a song in deck A or B it shows me no Overviews.
I have the app restart then go.

When placing the app is simply 2x greased so.

Once while I clicked on setup.

Pitch Time hangs and I get USB dropouts so have ego disabled.

Keylock at 1ms latency sounds like shit.
Songs crackle when scratch and create digital artifacts especially when I start the Stop button on the turntable operated to make a Brake.

The algorithm is not to compare with scratch live.

Pity is probably still a few updates need to butter it is.

The biggest problem the software is mutated in my opinion to the Windoze Add the new supported hardware each time.

The more hardware will be supported in the more bugs creep into the system.

It is not a closed system more a la Apple iOs where you explicitly tunes the software on the few hardware you can buy.
Peace und i hope will be better ...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:10 PM - 2 September, 2014
Hey man,

I'd recommend hitting up the support team to get help rather than here in the blog comments. You can get help here: support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
DjScandal 11:44 PM - 2 September, 2014
Will the DDJ-SX get DVD or just the SX2
DjScandal 11:46 PM - 2 September, 2014
DVS
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:25 AM - 3 September, 2014
Hey Scandal,

It's impossible for the DDJ-SX to support DVS as the actual hardware is not technically capable of supporting it i'm afraid. It's just a hardware limitation :(

Sam.
DjScandal 12:57 AM - 3 September, 2014
okay thanks anyway
Maxito 4:10 AM - 3 September, 2014
Will the DDJ-SZ get DVS ...?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 4:20 AM - 3 September, 2014
Quote:
Will the DDJ-SZ get DVS ...?

It's got it built in already!
Maxito 8:44 AM - 3 September, 2014
Thanks!!!
djphlipzdc 5:10 PM - 3 September, 2014
hey Serato!

with Midi available now, can we re-map the SP-1? I use it with Scratch Live and changed a couple things to how I like to use it, and that's whats holding me back from using Serato DJ.

Thanks!
DJ AFRA 7:38 PM - 3 September, 2014
I have problems when press the sampler button in the DDJ-SZ, the pads don't turn on the lights in the right deck, but when I do the same in the left deck no problem.
When I use the Serato DJ v1.6.3 I don't have problems, the issue is with the last version from Serato DJ v1.7.0.
Maxito 5:51 PM - 4 September, 2014
Usssshh!! Dj Afra that not sounds good . I have to SZ so, at i think i going to wait for update of this version ..
DJ AFRA 6:49 PM - 4 September, 2014
I found another problem in Serato 1.7, regarding "Sync Function", when I play a song and pressed the "Sync Button" the Sync function in Serato changes the color to blue this is ok, but when I going to forward or rewind the same song disengages the sync beat and the color in Serato changes from blue to orange, this issue is only in Serato 1.7, because in Serato 1.6.3 I don't have problems.
Maxito 9:25 PM - 4 September, 2014
Ushhh again..!! Definitely I have to wait for the update,, thanks a lot DJ AFRA..!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 9:43 PM - 4 September, 2014
Quote:
I found another problem in Serato 1.7, regarding "Sync Function", when I play a song and pressed the "Sync Button" the Sync function in Serato changes the color to blue this is ok, but when I going to forward or rewind the same song disengages the sync beat and the color in Serato changes from blue to orange, this issue is only in Serato 1.7, because in Serato 1.6.3 I don't have problems.

Hey DJ AFRA,

This is intended behaviour for Smart Sync. By going orange it is telling you that it is no longer grid locked, if you push sync while it is orange then it will "snap" back to the grid, and will return to blue - until you adjust the platter.

This shouldn't have changed between 1.6.3 and 1.7 though... Can I ask you to check if you have the same type of sync selected in both versions? Simple Sync (in the setup screen) doesn't have an orange state, but Smart Sync does.

Thanks.
Maxito 10:01 PM - 4 September, 2014
God point SERATO guy.... I´m going to check to.....
DJ AFRA 2:23 AM - 5 September, 2014
I prepared two videos for compare the problem, the first test is in Serato 1.6.3 and the second test is in Serato 1.7, both have the same test with Smart Sync and Maintain Sync on Track Load active, I hope your help !!!

Link for first video:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Link for second video:
Watchwww.youtube.com
deancrake 10:22 AM - 5 September, 2014
which controllers can use flip I have ns72 is it supported do I have to midi map it myself if so ?? regards dc ...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 5:12 AM - 6 September, 2014
Quote:
I prepared two videos for compare the problem, the first test is in Serato 1.6.3 and the second test is in Serato 1.7, both have the same test with Smart Sync and Maintain Sync on Track Load active, I hope your help !!!

Link for first video:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Link for second video:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks for the video DJ AFRA, we'll look into this. Doesn't seem right!
LuisBeyra 2:00 PM - 7 September, 2014
$29 for flip was a lot of money for cue automations. Can I return flip and get my money back please?

Also effects do not record on flip. Why not after $29
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:57 PM - 7 September, 2014
Hey Luis,

You can read up about everything Flip offers and watch various videos as well as walkthroughs about what the feature is and what can be used on our website before you purchase. We don't offer refunds on software purchases i'm afraid. If you'd like to talk with our sales team, you can email them at sales@serato.com.

Sam.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:53 PM - 7 September, 2014
Hi DJ AFRA,

Really appreciate you making those videos. I have made sure both issues are logged:

1. Smart Sync disengages when when using needle search through the track
2. Pioneer DDJ-SZ Pad Mode switching on right deck from hot cues to sampler not working

We will try and resolved these issues in an update as soon as possible. Thanks!
Numark
Chris Roman 8:12 AM - 8 September, 2014
Quote:
which controllers can use flip I have ns72 is it supported do I have to midi map it myself if so ?? regards dc ...

Flip works on NS7II and NV, no mapping required.
weaselcolbert4@gmail.com 2:39 AM - 9 September, 2014
i love this sofawear
henryb 11:13 AM - 17 September, 2014
WHY CAN YOU NO LONGER EDIT THE NAME OF A SET IN THE HISTORY TAB?? (PLEASE FIX THIS!) :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:32 PM - 17 September, 2014
Hey henry.

This is a bug in Serato DJ 1.7 unfortunately that we're hoping to fix for a forthcoming release.

Sam.
DJ Day Won 2:36 PM - 19 September, 2014
Any chance that the DVS feature will be made available for the Pioneer DDJ-SX? I mean, it IS only about a year older that the SX2. It'd be great to not have to buy brand new hardware just for that one awesome feature. I'd love to have my tables in play as well as the jog wheels.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:59 PM - 19 September, 2014
Unfortunately it's impossible DJ Day Won as this controller was never designed for this.

The actual hardware itself is not technically capable of it i'm afraid. It's not a decision it's just a limitation of the unit itself.

Sam.
Graham C 7:42 PM - 22 September, 2014
I've just upgraded to 1.7 but all my notes in the history are gone. They still there when I got back to 1.6.3 Is there any way to import the notes into 1.7? They are all the places and sets I play. Thanks
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:18 PM - 22 September, 2014
Hey Graham,

What exactly do you mean when you say "notes"? The name of the history sessions are not showing? Have you contacted our support team about this? That is the best way to get help with the issue, or have the issue logged as a bug so it can be resolved for you.

You can do so here: support.serato.com
Graham C 7:38 AM - 23 September, 2014
I mean within the history there are different columns bpm, start time etc. One of which is notes where you can fill in beside the history session. I will contact the support team though, thanks very much.
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:22 AM - 24 September, 2014
I think you might be referring to history name? I have uploaded a screenshot here: serato.com

Are you referring to the field that I am editing in that screenshot?
Graham C 9:57 AM - 24 September, 2014
No your on the right track tho. I keep the date the same and hav a notes
Column right beside the date. U can select what columns u hav up in the right hand corner of the history! I hav the date, bpm, start time and notes displayed! U with me?? Notes wud be a heading at top along with date and u can fill in what u like in that column!
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:13 PM - 24 September, 2014
Ah! Thank you so much, I know exactly what you mean now, the "notes" column :)

I've made sure this has been logged as an issue, we will fix it as soon as we possibly can. Thanks very much for raising it.
Graham C 12:22 PM - 25 September, 2014
Great stuff Martin, thanks very much ;)
squidge89 5:50 PM - 30 September, 2014
Hi serato says it has fixed all bugs? does this mean my controller will not crash like it did on 1.6? sometimes the buttons on my controller would just stop working randomly and crash? has this been fixed and now improved?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 6:52 PM - 30 September, 2014
Hey squidge,

There's never such thing as fixing all the bugs in any piece of software. We've fixed a lot of issues in Serato DJ 1.7 though and are fixing a lot more in the next few updates!

A crash though with your controller doesn't sound right though and there's a good likelihood it's not a bug but just something weird going on that we can troubleshoot and fix. Have you been in touch with the support team to get help with that?

You can open a help request here: support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
mercmonk 12:00 PM - 3 October, 2014
I had an issue with my Ddj sx the other nite where a track just cut out so quickly just restarted it which it did and it crashed at the same point so quickly again stated up the next track on the other deck and it was locked in reverse and wouldn't unlock via the button so I had to reset serato DJ and turn the Ddj off.after thatceverythingvwas fine and had back up music elsewhere while doing this live in a club.any explanations known ? Thx
incoming29 10:11 PM - 3 October, 2014
Hello Serato team,

I experience troubles/errors using the new Serato DJ 1.7 and the Beatmix 2 from Reloop.
The Cue button and the F.Start are inverse function.

It's really hard not to make mistake while playing song in this configuration.

For information, I have a laptop running with windows 8.
If you want me to help you solving this issue, don't hesitate to contact me:
************ [mod comment: email address removed]
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:51 AM - 5 October, 2014
Hey there,

Can you please open a help request here: support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
gianluigi 8:01 AM - 25 October, 2014
Hello in the slide for compatibility to Serato dj a see TTM57SL it's an error o it's a news???
Trippy 9:55 AM - 29 October, 2014
OS X Yosemite V 10.10 Processor 2.66 GHz Interl Core 2 Duo Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Hardisk 500 GB Reloop Terminal Mix 4 When i install this version 1.7.1 the volume has the problem ,please help me and tell me what to do
Watchwww.youtube.com
Trippy 8:13 PM - 17 December, 2014
OS X Yosemite V 10.10 Processor 2.66 GHz Interl Core 2 Duo Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Hardisk 500 GB Reloop Terminal Mix 4 When i install this version 1.7.1 the volume has the problem ,please help me and tell me what to do.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:26 PM - 17 December, 2014
Hey Trippy,

Please open a help request for the support team - support.serato.com

This is a blog post and not the best place to get technical support :)

Sam.
Trippy 9:21 PM - 17 December, 2014
OS X Yosemite V 10.10 Processor 2.66 GHz Interl Core 2 Duo Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Hardisk 500 GB Reloop Terminal Mix 4 When i install this version 1.7.1 the volume has the problem ,please help me and tell me what to do......
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:23 PM - 17 December, 2014
Did you read my last post?
Trippy 8:22 PM - 18 December, 2014
no
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:06 PM - 18 December, 2014
I'd suggest reading it.
Joeyd1167 8:31 PM - 18 January, 2015
ahhhh all this probs i'm reading about aka bugs in Serato make me scared to switch from Traktor and my S4! i have not had one prob with Traktor ever since I went from a PC to Mac and when a girl spilled a drink on my mac at a show and ruined my mac I tried to use my gf loaded top of the line PC and nope! nothing but probs! get my new Mac and no probs! maybe Serato will just work on my Mac lol Idk rethinking Serato...I want the vestax 380 so bad to use with it!