Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

CDJ1000s, Timecode and DAC's

DJNekkid 5:37 PM - 25 August, 2014
Hello All.

This might be abit TL:DR, but i'll try to be short.

Long Version:
I got a SL4 card that I use while at gigs, and unfortuneatly don't the venues I reguarly gig at have CDJ900/2000, but "only" CDJ1003's. However, me and a friend are concidering doing some back2back sessions. Both have our own computer, but there are only 2 CDJ's on the venues, and there are hardly room for more.

However, there are the SPDIF/digital out on the CDJ's, and with the help of a pair of external DAC's, it should be possible to actually send the analog/RCA-signal to port 1+2 of the SL4-box, and then send the SPDIF to the pair of DAC's, and then from the DAC's to port 3+4, and obvously all 4 ports to the DJM.

Does this sound like a plan, or are simply not an average cheap (say, 30-40£ range) up for the task to decode the timecode-signal presicely enough for the SL-card to read it properly?

Short version:
Would a cheap (30-40£ range) DAC be able to decode the timecode signal presicely enough for the SL-card to read it properly?

Have anyone done any tests on this?
JackGregory 9:06 AM - 26 August, 2014
Just buy 4 of these ... www.maplin.co.uk

one into each phono output on the cdjs and each cdj has 2 pairs of phono outputs...
deejdave 6:39 PM - 26 August, 2014
When using DVS the audible signal is now time code. Having two time codes going at the same time does not sound like a good idea to me. Nor does splitting said code.