DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

my 2014 DMC Online World Final routine :)

Vekked 3:35 PM - 19 August, 2014
Lemme know what you think guys, thanks!

Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 3:56 PM - 19 August, 2014
nice
DJ GaFFle 4:18 PM - 19 August, 2014
I haven't looked yet but I think you're competing with the likes of DJ Precision... GOOD LUCK with THAT!

:-)
DJ GaFFle 4:18 PM - 19 August, 2014
... no knock on your TT skills, which are excellent.
Vekked 4:21 PM - 19 August, 2014
yup, P is in it (or supposed to be, looks like he hasn't submitted yet)
StylesD 4:28 PM - 19 August, 2014
sick as always...that's the most party rocking type music i've ever seen you throw in a routine
Vekked 4:40 PM - 19 August, 2014
haha thanks Styles! yea, I experiment with literally everything and keep my mind open to what comes out, this year it just happened to work out that I was coming up with stuff with clubby ish... I felt a bit greasy after I came up with some cool patterns on that Ariana Grande track LOL, like "I don't really want to use this song... but now I feel like I have to"
Marv Incredible 7:58 AM - 20 August, 2014
You looked like you were having fun which made it even more enjoyable to watch. Good luck V.
Joee 11:23 AM - 20 August, 2014
Quote:
Lemme know what you think guys, thanks!

Watchwww.youtube.com

remember when jhonny M was like the turntables don't match

man thats the new style
Watchvimeo.com
DJ DisGrace 1:12 PM - 20 August, 2014
Nice work using the sampler as a third deck!
geeunot 6:10 PM - 20 August, 2014
Sick!
Vekked 1:30 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:

thanks dude! been waiting a while to rinse that idea, had to step up my right side cuts first

thanks for checking guys!
DJ DisGrace 2:00 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

thanks dude! been waiting a while to rinse that idea, had to step up my right side cuts first

I did something similar in a Threestyle a few years back, running the sax loop from "push the feeling on". I only blended over it, however.... Nice work.

I also like that you use original single versions of tracks. IMO it takes more skill than using stuff edited beforehand.
Vekked 3:18 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I did something similar in a Threestyle a few years back, running the sax loop from "push the feeling on". I only blended over it, however.... Nice work.

I also like that you use original single versions of tracks. IMO it takes more skill than using stuff edited beforehand.

oh nice! do you have a link to your routine? there's so much potential for pseudo 3-deck stuff by using the SP-6 and 2 decks

and thanks! yea I kinda despise editing/doing computer work, so I compose most of my juggles entirely with the original MP3s/cue points... In my opinion, that's like the whole "art" of beat juggling anyways, taking a track and chopping it up live. If you're gonna chop it up in a DAW you might as well just do an MPC routine or something.
DJ SHY 6:30 PM - 21 August, 2014
dope as always man!!!!...
forty 10:54 PM - 21 August, 2014
Very nice.

Gotta ask though, what are your decks set up on? The (what I can only assume is a makeshift) console is wobbling a fair bit.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:57 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Very nice.

Gotta ask though, what are your decks set up on? The (what I can only assume is a makeshift) console is wobbling a fair bit.

Notice how they don't fall down though
Dj Shamann 11:26 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Very nice.

........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
.....(:.__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:¯""\;.;.;.;.;.,"
....\",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/\
.....\.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:\
.......\,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::\
.........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::\
...................\::::::::::::::::::::::\
Dj Shamann 11:27 PM - 21 August, 2014
Vekked, dope as usual. I'm not a big fan of the Talk Dirty or the Problems as tracks, but you made them work. I like that kind of routine.
Dj Shamann 11:36 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I did it in 94 at a road to the DMCs type battle using a Gemini Scratchmaster sampler and two acapellas, the provided set was jumping and man did it fuck my routine lol. I got knocked out that round (by a guy who prolly would've took me out anyway) when I got backstage I got lots of props for the innovation, just wish we had this kind of tech back then!
forty 7:27 AM - 22 August, 2014
Quote:

HAHA!! Obviously.

Still, I couldn't handle using a setup that swayed like that.

Reminds of this club I used to play at that had the decks suspended on chains. Well the platform the decks were on was hanging from chains. Soooooo annoying.

Anyhoo, as I mentioned earlier, very nice routine.
DJ DisGrace 3:30 PM - 22 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Very nice.

........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
.....(:.__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:¯""\;.;.;.;.;.,"
....\",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/\
.....\.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:\
.......\,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::\
.........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::\
...................\::::::::::::::::::::::\

LOL Classic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

oh nice! do you have a link to your routine? there's so much potential for pseudo 3-deck stuff by using the SP-6 and 2 decks

and thanks! yea I kinda despise editing/doing computer work, so I compose most of my juggles entirely with the original MP3s/cue points... In my opinion, that's like the whole "art" of beat juggling anyways, taking a track and chopping it up live. If you're gonna chop it up in a DAW you might as well just do an MPC routine or something.

Man, I should be the last person posting in a DMC thread lol.... but here it is: soundcloud.com

At 10:22 I drop the sample then layer 2 decks over top
DJ Remy USA 4:35 PM - 22 August, 2014
I was entertained I love it bro, I wish I could battle like that.
Vekked 9:21 PM - 1 September, 2014
Quote:
Very nice.

hahaha yes it's literally a few 2 x 4's tacked together shoddily that I've had for like... 7 years maybe. The height is perfect, it's light, and it's never bothered me quite enough to get something better LOL. But I really should have something more solid for videos... it doesn't bother me at all when I'm practicing but it's definitely annoying for vids.