Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

which midi controller for SV?

Tony Fever 10:16 AM - 14 August, 2014
I'm using a Pioneer DDJ SX and would like to know if anyone can recommend an add on controller to map Serato Video to? I don't like touching my laptop during a set as it distracts me from the crowd.
Thanks
Tony
DJ.WAZZA.AU 11:57 AM - 14 August, 2014
If you want a midi controller to work str8 out the box ,plug & play
The DDJ sp1 is the only add-on midi controller for serato DJ with a fill video map
Every other midi controller will have to midi map by you

If your looking for a cheep device to midi map to video EFX in serato video ...
Look at a leap motion and geco midi ...one hand controls serato deck A the other hand controls deck B
Tony Fever 12:01 PM - 14 August, 2014
Thanks for that, I'll have a look a at all of those options, I didn't know the DDJ SP1 comes with a video map, that sounds cool.
Code:E 11:56 PM - 19 August, 2014
What video controls are you looking to map?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:36 AM - 20 August, 2014
Yup the DDJ SP1 is pretty good!! Well worth the loot!
Frozone 12:27 AM - 21 August, 2014
I really like the Novation Launch Control.

global.novationmusic.com

Fully midi mappable, combination of pads and rotary knobs, small foot print.

Reasonably priced.
Mr Wilks 11:17 PM - 2 November, 2014
Quote:
I really like the Novation Launch Control.

global.novationmusic.com

Fully midi mappable, combination of pads and rotary knobs, small foot print.

Reasonably priced.

I've been looking at the Launch Control for video and wondered how it was suited.

I want everything mapped in video. That seems excessive but I use a logo/text bouncing to the beat that has to be switched left or right to display as you can't pick the 'M' middle setting.
It's a shame that the beat detection L/R couldn't pick up the crossfader switch movement or buttons and auto switch to either L or R.

I also use the opacity too so want many rotary options. It looks perfect.
Mark Goertzen 6:08 PM - 20 November, 2014
I was using a LPD8 for controls and it wasn't bad but I recently switched to a Traktor X1. Really wish there was an advanced MIDI setting panel so I could set up multiple actions to one button. Would love to have a couple buttons with a transition setting and effect set up so it could be turned on with one button.
Spencer R. 7:36 PM - 10 March, 2015
I agree Mark G. It would be nice to map actions on a midi controller to control one button in the software. I have a control launch and it has 8 different banks. I would like some of the banks to utilize the same buttons in the software, such as library scroll and load to decks. (Instead I have to switch back to the first bank to utilize the midi controller for this function, which is time-consuming!)
The Launch Control works great with audio and video fx though, I would recommend it to anyone. Very affordable as well, $100.