Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Read only files in Serato/ Padlock on files

krucialkutz 11:09 PM - 3 August, 2014
I have found a way to resolve this issue with "padlock" next to the files and not able to save the cue points when setting cue options. This is a resolution for Windows based OS.

This has worked for me and not had any issues.

1) Locate the file folder on your PC i.e. "downloads" folder or any folder that your music is in that has the files with the "padlock" in Serato.
2) Right click the folder and select properties.
3) On the "General" tab at the bottom in the Attributes section make sure the box reading "Read Only" is unchecked.
4) Click "Apply"
5) In Serato select the tab and click on "Rescan ID3 tags"

Now watch all the padlocks disappear! You are able to set and save cue points
dj marvelous1 6:27 AM - 24 April, 2015
Hey krucialkutz i know this is a late post i just happened to come across it but i have a question, i have the same problem. im using a windows laptop with an external drive. but just recently purchased a Macbook. my music files now say ''read only'' with a padlock using the mac...NOW i know you have to change the format on the external drive for Mac use but i use both laptops so i really dont wanna do that. so my question is. when i load the song on my mac and the ''read only' comes on with the padlock. does it really matter if that comes on? can i still run it with no problem? will my laptop freeze up or can anything bad happen to my music files? because if nothing can happen then i don't mind running it like that. the only thing i guess i cant make any changes to the file. but i use my windows to make any necessary changes so i dont have to make any changes using my Mac. if you can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated..thanks!
krucialkutz 6:33 AM - 24 April, 2015
For MAC I think you have to just open the preference settings in on the Mac and allow other files to be able to load on that system. With using the external I also try to open the settings when it appears on the desktop of Mac.