Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Braking Issue

mmino4@yahoo.com 2:05 PM - 1 August, 2014
So.. using Serato DJ for the first time, having one Technics 1200 and the 64 hooked up, other decks on internal, I noticed in the software that the BRAKING two tabs were unadjustable.. wondering what Im doing wrong.. The two braking dials just sit there dim, and you can't adjust..

please help!!

Thanks everyone!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:40 AM - 2 August, 2014
Hey there,

What version is this with? If you adjust the braking in the Offline Player - does the setting remain for when you're using INT mode when connected?

Sam.
mmino4@yahoo.com 3:12 PM - 6 August, 2014
It does.. It seemed only to be adjustable in offline player, no usb cable plugged in.. Its all good, i realized this AFTER i posted the issue.. ha..
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:52 PM - 23 May, 2015
Was just having the same issue - trying to set up the akai amx - could adjust start time.but not braking stop time

Was driving me crazy....
Serato, Support
Ian W 4:10 AM - 26 May, 2015
DJ Art Pumpin Payne

Did you try adjusting it in the offline player?

Regards,
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:28 AM - 26 May, 2015
Quote:
DJ Art Pumpin Payne

Did you try adjusting it in the offline player?

Regards,

Yes, I figured it out from this post, thanks for following up.

But.....

I played out with it for the 1st time on Saturday. I bought the DVS pack Friday via In App purchase and played with it for a few hours on Saturday before my gig. Worked fine.

I get to the gig - 1 hr guest spot following an all vinyl DJ - I plug in and can't get vinyl to track ABS or REL -but internal played fine. I try switching to the other turntable - still nothing - no tracking, I pull needles, try mines, lick the contacts - NOTHING

I hook back the other table same result.

I panic and grab my SL3 and begin to hook up, I quit Serato DJ and try to launch ScratchLive 2.5 as I scramble in my bag looking for additional RCA's then realize - SHIT - I LAUNCHED Serato DJ again by mistake.

I figure I'll give it one more try since the Akai is already hooked up - I unplug the USB and re{lug - it lights up and down.

I try vinyl - WORKS FINALLY ... Thank God.

Not sure what happened. I am so used to SL, I didn't think to look at the setup to see if the DVS pack was active BECAUSE I assumed SDJ would remember last settings and thought the DVS pack is ALWAYS active until ticked inactive.

I had another guest spot later that night (it's Movement weekend here in Detroit) at 3am in the morning. I had planned to do a video set but a SL1 was already in place - I just used that and Mp3's - didn't want to press my luck....

Love that lil Akai mixer tho once I got it working.