DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ctrl + Shift + Del not sending files to trash/recycling bin in Scratch Live 2.5

DJ Remix Detroit 7:25 PM - 31 July, 2014
I figured I'd hit up this side of the forum before I start a help ticket to see if anyone has experienced the same issue that I'm having now.

I just updated my 2011 17' Mbp to mavericks (clean install) a few days ago, and I'm going through my normal routine of tidying up my Scratch live library by deleting garbage tracks that i haven't/won't ever play.

normally i use the ctrl+shift+delete method to do this but i noticed that when i delete videos from my external 4tb g-drive, the videos aren't going to the trash can. (they are deleting from the library but not being physically moved to the trash bin)

videos deleted from my laptop drive are going to the trash bin. I've restarted my computer a few times and checked the permissions on my gdrive and I'm still having the same issue.

has anyone ran across this problem?
DJ DisGrace 7:32 PM - 31 July, 2014
There is a thread around, I have this problem too.

My workaround has been to open the Trash folder in Finder. This usually works, and I can double check that files are going in there with a quick command+tab. Sometimes I need to delete a couple files before it gets working consistently.
DJ DisGrace 8:07 PM - 31 July, 2014
DJ Remix Detroit 9:56 PM - 31 July, 2014
wow.... thanx DisGrace. Greatly appreciated.
Joee 3:40 PM - 1 August, 2014
you could also hit command R to delete the file straight off the hard drive
BumpIt 10:45 PM - 13 May, 2015
This issue seems to be going on in 2013 and 2014. It's 2015 now and I'm still experiencing it with the most recent update to SDJ 1.75.
Is there a solution for external drive needing to permanently delete a file? I have to remember to use CTR+R each time I reboot or I end up not removing from drive.

Advice?