DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Which Mixer is best for me?

pllsbrydohboy 6:56 PM - 24 July, 2014
I sold my djm 350, which I used with an sl1 forever. (With cdjs) I am looking to buy a new mixer, I do mobile mostly weddings. I am looking at the rane 62 and 64 and the djm 900 srt. I am not sure which is the best fit. The only advantage I see for any of them over the other is the pioneer's mic options seem better. What do you think? Any rane users please comment on what they think of the mic input quality. Any and all help is appreciated
geeunot 11:42 PM - 24 July, 2014
Rane 62 for portability. the SRT is a lot bigger. the 64 is wack...
pllsbrydohboy 12:25 AM - 25 July, 2014
Are the mic inputs on the 62 good? What makes you dislike the 64 too big and features seem overkill?
geeunot 12:31 AM - 25 July, 2014
Yeah the mic inputs on the 62 are good. The 64 is super huge, and its super packed with all these useless buttons. Rane fucked up...They were trying to compete w/ the 800 and failed. There's a reason why it isn't so popular among DJs. SRT is solid. I've seen it at many clubs, but to have to carry it around for mobile is kind of a hassle.
pllsbrydohboy 12:35 AM - 25 July, 2014
What do you use, 62? I love the 62 its a tank but in a mobile gig it looks out of place next to my cdjs. Its like parking your bentley in between two mercedes
geeunot 10:38 PM - 25 July, 2014
Quote:
What do you use, 62? I love the 62 its a tank but in a mobile gig it looks out of place next to my cdjs. Its like parking your bentley in between two mercedes

My buddy uses a 62 with cdj 800s. It's not bad of a setup. Honestly, it's what makes your mobile job easier. No one is really gonna care what you use.

I use(d) a DDJ SZ for mobile gigs. It's a quick and easy to set up. I'm waiting for Pioneer to fix it. It's been over two weeks. I miss it !
dj_soo 2:15 AM - 26 July, 2014
if you do mostly weddings and don't really need effects and 2 usbs, then you might consider the 61...
Mr. Goodkat 10:19 PM - 26 July, 2014
srt 900. the only mixer that everyone knows how to use. just better for that arena as well. havent seen the price budge, but i would bet its 15-1600$ soon.
geeunot 6:18 PM - 28 July, 2014
Quote:
srt 900. the only mixer that everyone knows how to use. just better for that arena as well. havent seen the price budge, but i would bet its 15-1600$ soon.

way too new for it to budge that much. best price i've been quoted was 1899 I think.
Mr. Goodkat 8:18 PM - 28 July, 2014
maybe after the new year or as soon a Pioneer makes something new. i got it at a shade over 2k 6 months ago and the nexus is already available at 1500$-ish. the SP1 finally dropped a 100$ on the internet, i would assume the SRT will drop in the next 4-6 mos(on the internet, im sure it will 2k+ at GC for a couple years.