DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

BRIDGE HELP!!!!

GashSmasher 4:38 AM - 23 June, 2014
Hey all, anyone out there know how to get The Bridge running through the right hand deck in Serato?
setup = Macbook Pro, Scratch Live, Ableton 9, RANE SL4... and sometimes a RANE 61 mixer
Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Cheers
GashSmasher
Code:E 7:46 AM - 23 June, 2014
go cmd+F type in ableton. load the ableton control track into the left hand deck.
GashSmasher 9:48 PM - 23 June, 2014
Thanks for the reply Code:E!!
I tried cmd+F in Ableton and Serato... in both programs it brings up the file search function.
I found out that I don't have any tracks with "Ableton" in the title!
What I want to know is how to load Ableton into the RIGHT hand deck in Serato (via the Bridge).
GashSmasher 9:49 PM - 23 June, 2014
Anyone? Bueller?
GashSmasher 10:45 PM - 23 June, 2014
Sweet all good... have sussed it!
When you open the Ableton window in Serato, down the bottom under the scenes is a row labelled "output"... just change it to 3 or 4...
Duhhh feeling like a bit of a tard now. Didn't mean to waste y'alls time!
Gashey
Code:E 11:25 PM - 23 June, 2014
Quote:
Thanks for the reply Code:E!!
I tried cmd+F in Ableton and Serato... in both programs it brings up the file search function.
I found out that I don't have any tracks with "Ableton" in the title!

you do it in Serato and yes it suppose to search. When you have the bridge open and running try it again. there will be a file there. Its the ableton control track and you can load it into a deck. or do what you already figured out todo. It all depends on how you want to control ableton.
GashSmasher 7:17 AM - 24 June, 2014
Oh ok, that sounds cool! I will try that...
Mainly I use bridge so I can access Drum Rack in Ableton where I set up Live Performance sets... then mix into tunes out of live beats!
Code:E 7:18 AM - 24 June, 2014
are you finger drumming or something?
GashSmasher 7:24 AM - 24 June, 2014
Yeah that's it! Doing live MPC style drumming with Maschine controlling Ableton... mixture of live elements and loops... then mixing out with other tunes through Serato...
Its taken me quite a while to suss!