Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Beatport Pro Integration

Joe Fresh 6:38 AM - 7 May, 2014
Hi,

So for those who missed it, Beatport released a new version of their Beatport Pro software that provides some awesome music organizing tools for DJs. I won't repeat all the features here, you can learn about them and grab the free software here - pro.beatport.com

My request is for Serato DJ to have some level of integration with Beatport Pro.
Here are my ideas:

- ability to read "special" tags written in Beatport Pro (mood, set time, energy, etc.) and have columns in Serato DJ for them
- importing the Beatport Pro database (maybe as a separate "library", like how the iTunes library appears in SDJ)
- a new panel in SDJ that has tag filtering similar to Beatport Pro

Any or all of these features would be amazing.
Joe Fresh 2:15 AM - 8 May, 2014
The biggest request would be the ability to read special tags, that way we could build smart crates that could use them in the search criteria (ex. a smart crate that looks for peak hour "bouncy" tracks).
Perceptron 2:54 PM - 9 May, 2014
+1

I think Beatport Pro has a lot of potential and would be a lot more user friendly & more diverse than using a combination of itunes and mixed in key for organizing your collection and playlists
Jason James 11:30 PM - 2 July, 2014
I agree with all this.

We need direct integration from BPP to Serato.
Joe Fresh 11:46 PM - 2 July, 2014
Or Serato could just have its own system of tag-based organizing.

See Rekordbox 3.0?
Jason James 1:11 AM - 3 July, 2014
Yes agreed.

But having one App to export all your playlists to Serato and Pioneer devices would be a fix all.

J
DJ Sidies 6:39 PM - 5 July, 2014
yes please please add
djcozmik 1:40 AM - 8 July, 2014
+1
Deep (like the ocean) 10:15 PM - 30 August, 2014
+1
Joe Fresh 6:47 PM - 1 December, 2014
(bump)
JTFM 12:41 PM - 10 December, 2014
Yes Please
blulabel 11:56 PM - 13 December, 2014
+1
Jason James 12:16 AM - 15 December, 2014
Are we there yet???
Jason James 12:20 AM - 15 December, 2014
Discussion on BP Pro forum

beatport.uservoice.com
DJ NITRONIC (Official) 9:40 PM - 22 December, 2014
Beatport Pro will be the future!

It´s the best music organizing tool i know! And i tested lots of Software..

I already spoke to the SERATO presentation Team 2 weeks ago in Germany, but they couldn´t answer my question.. i hope the integration comes with the next Update :)

+1
Jason James 10:12 PM - 22 December, 2014
Its only the 'future' if it can interdrate. Otherwise its just a fancy tagging tool.

Rekordbox can do all the same things...

Beatport please sort this out ASAP!
Big Pops 8:24 AM - 18 January, 2015
Serato could we see the option to read Beatport Pro for Mac , its the future for DJ and Producers.
dj_ys 5:59 AM - 24 January, 2015
Bump. Beatport Pro is the main reason I'm considering trying out traktor. It's labelling features would be great to use with Serato.
Perceptron 5:38 AM - 19 June, 2015
I think it'd be more hopeful to wait for the next release of Record Buddy (sometime this year) which will have support for Serato.

checkout this interview for a peak
youtu.be
Timan Rebel 10:38 AM - 25 June, 2015
+1

Supporting custom iTunes Library locations would already enable a workaround.

Supporting custom tags would be really great
Mike Czech 8:48 PM - 25 June, 2015
Plus one
Dj Wunder 1:31 AM - 2 July, 2015
+1
dj_ys 1:42 AM - 16 July, 2015
+4
serkan 9:45 AM - 17 July, 2015

Just tried Beatport Pro for OS X.
I see some reasons why it should not be supported:
- Proprietary software
- Not using standard tagging
- Only for OS X
- It's not really good

I'd rather see updates in Serato library and playlist management than supporting just another third party software that nobody uses anyway.
See iTunes as an example. We can be pretty sure it's the most used and most implemented music management software in the world and yet it's still full of bugs. I have worked out some serious issues since I ditched the iTunes library reading of SDJ and started to make my own manual crates.
Adding support for Beatport Pro or Rekordbox will make things just worse.