DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Issues attemtping to run Serato DJ

Capo Status 10:49 PM - 14 April, 2014
Over the weekend I purchased the SL3 interface box. I downloaded serato dj and connected the sl3 in which i received a message stating "no compatible equipment detected". I updated the drivers as I was prompted to do, but am still getting the same message. I am running technic 1200's, rane 56 mixer and sl3. Can anyone help me out?
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:03 PM - 14 April, 2014
I recommend you use scratch live instead of Serato dj,

but SDJ should still work on that pc,

open up the device manager with the sl3 connected is is listed as a unknown device with a little yellow icon under the usb section
Capo Status 11:25 PM - 14 April, 2014
why do you suggest i run scratch live? I have a macbook pro...
Gio Alex 11:32 PM - 14 April, 2014
It always says that in offline mode.
Gio Alex 11:33 PM - 14 April, 2014
What does it say when the box is connected? Did you activate SDJ?
Capo Status 11:42 PM - 14 April, 2014
when i go to activate it asked for the code, where would i find the code?
Gio Alex 11:44 PM - 14 April, 2014
If you own a SDJ supported Serato Box, then you should be fine. I don't think you need a code. It worked for me.
Gio Alex 11:45 PM - 14 April, 2014
Sign in your account?
Capo Status 9:27 PM - 15 April, 2014
I was signed in, I put a serato help request in, still havent heard anything.
Jensen Määäm 11:26 PM - 15 April, 2014
Capo staus, deinstall the Rane SL3 drivers first, the get a fresh download of SDJ, install it, connect the SL3 to the laptop, update the drivers in the SDJ software (click on the update drivers button in the online window on the right hand side in SDJ). Restart the laptop, it should work then, if not, check the AUDIO & MIDI settings on your Mac.
Capo Status 2:45 AM - 16 April, 2014
I actually had to go into my privacy settings and give serato dj the permission to "control my computer". Which seems weird to me, but after doing so now it is working, thanks guys
Capo Status 3:08 AM - 17 April, 2014
Im such an idiot, forgot i had the scratch live running, guess you aren't allowed to run both at the same time lol.