Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ vs 10.9 mavericks

Nicholas Hopsy 11:03 PM - 7 April, 2014
Hey, goodnight! I upgraded and bought a MacBook Pro with retina. It comes with mavericks so there's no way I can roll back to 10.7.5!!!
I would really like to know if you all are working on fixing this problem with mavericks and if so?
When would it be released???
DJ T.E.O 12:36 AM - 8 April, 2014
So what issue are you seeing?? I to just got a new MAC with O/S mavericks loaded. Should be here this Wed. If the issues are Major I might have them delay the order and go back to Mountain Lion.
Joe Fresh 1:43 AM - 8 April, 2014
I'm not aware of any Mavericks-related issues with Serato DJ.

Serato officially supports Mavericks in SDJ 1.6.1.

What's the issue you are having?
DJ T.E.O 4:01 AM - 8 April, 2014
@Joseph Moore - thanks for the info concerning Serato DJ. Have you heard the same for scratch live?? Or are they still having issues??
Dokumentary 5:09 AM - 8 April, 2014
What issues???
DJ T.E.O 6:04 AM - 8 April, 2014
Some people report having issue with lag with the wave form displaying correctly or there system would crash after a while. Another issue I heard is when your connect to SL1 and your ready to exit it would crash and not close out properly. This is just some of the reports I've seen on other form and haven't run into myself and I'll find out when my system gets here Wed :-) I'll hope for da best
Nicholas Hopsy 8:39 PM - 8 April, 2014
Quote:

When i connect the controller to the laptop, its not opening up the 2 tables, its remaining the same.
Dj MacMillz 10:07 PM - 8 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

When i connect the controller to the laptop, its not opening up the 2 tables, its remaining the same.

@Nicholas Hopsy: What Controller do you have sir?

@DJ TEO: You will have to be specific as to the issues you are having, going off what other folks experience isn't always the same, as a number of variables can exist. Some folks had no issues whatsoever (SDJ& Mavericks), while some folks have had heaps of issues.

It's not as clear cut as the no mic in SDJ with the NS7.
DJ T.E.O 12:20 AM - 9 April, 2014
@Dj MacMillz

Yes you are correct it isn't the same. I'm just posting what I've read of other forms about Scratch Live and SDJ working with Mavericks. As for myself, I'll find out this week as my new systems comes in on Wed April 9 to see what I run into.. I'm hoping I'm lucky and have not issues at all
Dj MacMillz 12:24 AM - 9 April, 2014
Ok, understood. I would advise once you get set up, make sure and have the latest version of SDJ and SSL, also the latest drivers available for your respective gear and the latest updates to Mavericks.

Good luck with it all, and do report back on your experience be it good or bad, we are here to help.
938MyDJ 12:56 AM - 9 April, 2014
Just pitching in...

All 3 Macbooks updated to Mavericks 10.9.2 and used on SDJ 1.6.1 with video.

Macbook 2011 - 16GB RAM i7 - No issue

2x Macbook 2008 - 8GB RAM i5 - CPU usage issue. Always at 80% and hit RED when loading. No dropouts though. If you have this models, you might want to stick with Mountain Lion or Lion while waiting fo 1.6.2.
DJ T.E.O 1:44 AM - 9 April, 2014
I will keep y'all posted
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:59 AM - 9 April, 2014
Hey everyone, if you're having issues, please open individual help requests for the support team. They can help out!

serato.com

:)

Sam.
Nicholas Hopsy 6:50 PM - 11 April, 2014
i have a vestex typhoon and a macbook pro with retina [mavericks 10.9.2] with sertao DJ.
when i connect the usb cord the serato DJ isn't loading from the normal screen.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:23 AM - 13 April, 2014
Hey Nicholas - check out my post above :)
DJ T.E.O 6:53 PM - 21 April, 2014
Ok so here it is
Mac 15 -inch , Late 2011
Running Mav 10.9.2
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Quad Core i7
Memory 16gb 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 67770M 1024MB
(2) SSD's installed - Samsung Evo 840 1tb

SDJ 1.6.1
Scratch Live 2.5

With that said, no issues been playing all week with both and not one issue so far.. Everything running smooth and stable.
Dj Youkai 7:46 PM - 21 April, 2014
I have No Problems With SDJ on Mavericks either with SVideo. Running 2012 & 2013 Macbook Pro Retina.
DJ Quartz 3:23 AM - 22 April, 2014
My SDJ/SV performance got better after I upgraded to Maverick.
Nicholas Hopsy 9:05 PM - 24 April, 2014
so i guess it's just me! that is having a problem with this!
i have the full and license for serato dj, it opens up normal...
the only problem i have....
when jack in the vestal typhoon....serato dj doesn't load!
Nicholas Hopsy 9:06 PM - 24 April, 2014
serato dj intro is the same problem! so it's not the license!!!
Dj El Maestro 3:18 PM - 25 April, 2014
I've most of the posts, but I do not see the issue I'm having. I'm running Mavericks 10.9.2 on a Mack Book Pro 2.7 GHZ 16 GB or RAM and using Serato DJ. My issue is that every time I open Serato DJ the pen wheel keeps spinning for a while, and sometimes when I load a track to deck 1 or 2 it takes a long time to load. Has anyone else have similar issues? I had no issues with Lion with the same programs I currently have installed.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 6:52 AM - 27 April, 2014
Have you guys opened help requests? Please open a new help request to get help with your issues from the support team - serato.com
Nicholas Hopsy 7:00 AM - 28 April, 2014
Quote:
Have you guys opened help requests? Please open a new help request to get help with your issues from the support team - serato.com

that didn't work
thorissr 2:07 PM - 28 April, 2014
Quote:
My SDJ/SV performance got better after I upgraded to Maverick.

^ This has been my experience as well.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:14 PM - 29 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

that didn't work

How do you mean? Send me the link to your thread if no-one has replied yet, i'll get someone on it.

It's been back to back public holiday weekends here in NZ so there has been a bit of a backlog for the support team to work through but they should be getting back on top of things by now.

Sam.
Culprit 10:27 PM - 29 April, 2014
have you guys tried the new beta yet? -> serato.com

They are using sqlite, a different database engine. Huge improvement!