DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

three channel 61 this year???

Jumbo Boogie 3:14 PM - 30 March, 2014
any chance of a three channel mixer with the 61 layout and all magnetic faders?

Is demand for three channel mixers really that low?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:54 PM - 30 March, 2014
^nice avitar
Jumbo Boogie 12:09 AM - 31 March, 2014
hopefully rane thinks so too =)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:18 AM - 31 March, 2014
Hoping for the Rane "Empath Strikes Back" :)
Rane 63

serato.com
Jumbo Boogie 1:19 PM - 31 March, 2014
forgot to add with DVS functionality of course.

Hey DJ_X_Trodinaire....are those 3900's pictured in your other setups?

If so do you use Engine and how stable is Engine?

Been really interested in them...but with the chatter about Denon potentially offloading it's dj division recently. I've lost interest...No future support or warranty repair...although their gear has been on clearance everywhere lately. So if I see them go below 600 new...that's extremely tempting.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:13 PM - 31 March, 2014
Quote:

Been really interested in them...but with the chatter about Denon potentially offloading it's dj division recently. I've lost interest...No future support or warranty repair...although their gear has been on clearance everywhere lately. So if I see them go below 600 new...that's extremely tempting.

I tried Engine and did not like it. My library is already Serato prepared and didn't want to start over fresh. SC3900 is nice! Waiting for the Serato DJ mapping for it.
Jumbo Boogie 12:33 PM - 1 April, 2014
If only Technic's had the foresight to come out with some 10-12 pound 1200/1210...maybe they would still be around. Man it would have been sweet if there were 12's with usb rekordbox like capabilities and all that was needed was some timecode vinyl, any analog mixer, and a tablet to see your playlist and cue up your tracks. While still being able to play vinyl when needed.
djcrap 9:14 PM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I tried Engine and did not like it. My library is already Serato prepared and didn't want to start over fresh. SC3900 is nice! Waiting for the Serato DJ mapping for it.

Mine work with serato dj fine. I can mid map cue points loop in and loop out The only thing i can not mid map is instant double but every thing else i can map.

Pitch controls on the sc3900 work fine play and cue button on the player also works fine in hybrid mode.
djcrap 9:18 PM - 3 April, 2014
^^^^^ matter of fact my sc3900 track sdj comtrol signal with no latency issues better than my technics mg5s
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:48 PM - 3 April, 2014
@djscrap

midi map on Scratchlive was great, but I already stopped using SL since all of my gear can now run on SeratoDJ, well not perfectly on the SC3900.