DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RIP, JUST KILLED THE..... RANE 62

SUBSTANCE 3:33 AM - 4 February, 2014
Oh noez!
I have two Rane 62's ... one for home & one for gigs & touring.
One of them just gave up on me - that large kick ass power switch just doesn't do anything anymore.

Strange thing is it wasn't the 62 that lives in a flight case, getting banged around hotels, planes & stages - it was the one that I bought to literally sit there & never leave the house (?!)

Only thing I've done different to that particular mixer was updating the firmware for Serato DJ 1.6.

Unless it died from FOMO.

Any geniuses out there had this happen? Is there a fuse or something that I could try fix myself?
dj-freestyle 7:48 PM - 6 February, 2014
zach can help you at rane. he will see this.
Kratz 11:22 PM - 6 February, 2014
reset it or other cable
Dj Bema 7:17 PM - 9 February, 2014
Maybe a fuse inside?
SUBSTANCE 8:40 PM - 10 February, 2014
Reset it? how?
...and yes I have the Rane oomph loompas working on this as we speak. Thanks!
SUBSTANCE 8:21 PM - 25 March, 2014
Fixed, fast & for free. happy face.
Danno9999 1:00 PM - 29 March, 2014
How did you get it fixed Substance?
SUBSTANCE 4:05 AM - 31 March, 2014
Via Rane, they asked the local distributor to have a look at it under warranty.
It turned out to be a fault in the power switch.
Danno9999 8:42 AM - 31 March, 2014
Ah cool!
ruleconcept 4:36 PM - 23 April, 2020
Mine just died... Hope it's an easy fix..
Although Rane service centre isnt good nowadays plus my warranty is off..
Maskrider 3:23 PM - 16 June, 2020
I can't connect to Serato DJ Pro....My computer recognizes my Mixer but not Serato DJ Pro
Did they stop supporting this mixer?
Maskrider 3:25 PM - 16 June, 2020
I did everything that this website and Rane's website said What to do....

I don't get it.
dj_soo 9:19 PM - 17 June, 2020
did you do anything? update your os?
DJ Guayo 12:34 PM - 18 June, 2020
Yo Maskrider, hit up support. I had a similar issue here a few weeks back. Serato DJ Pro would recognize my Rane 62. They still helped me out and got it up and running. I'm running Mojave on a 2012 Macbook Pro.
Maskrider 2:23 AM - 19 June, 2020
Quote:
did you do anything? update your os?

My Mac (early 2011) can go as High Sierra that's it....I do have another laptop with Mojave and it works.
Maskrider 2:28 AM - 19 June, 2020
Quote:
Yo Maskrider, hit up support. I had a similar issue here a few weeks back. Serato DJ Pro would recognize my Rane 62. They still helped me out and got it up and running. I'm running Mojave on a 2012 Macbook Pro.

I already got a Help ticket from Serato...It just surprised me that I'm always here in the forum and never tested it myself until a couple of days ago....I have that RANE 62 at home for playing Vinyls and scratching and never thought of hooking it up on My MacBook Pro with High Sierra.
DJ Guayo 9:29 PM - 19 June, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I already got a Help ticket from Serato...It just surprised me that I'm always here in the forum and never tested it myself until a couple of days ago....I have that RANE 62 at home for playing Vinyls and scratching and never thought of hooking it up on My MacBook Pro with High Sierra.

Got it. Good luck and at least you have one working machine for now.
Maskrider 4:32 PM - 24 June, 2020
Just an Update I got ithe RANE 62 working now....I just downloaded a firmware update from RANE