DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Kontrol X1 MK2 not working

Don Octavius 3:36 AM - 1 November, 2013
I recently purchased a Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 and am trying to configure it to work with Scratch Live. But all the videos and tutorials only show how to use it with the original X1.

The problem is the MK2 is not recognized in Controller Editor. I already installed Controller Editor first, and then plugged the MK2 in, but its not recognized at all, meaning I can't even map it out to Scratch Live. There is no option to locate the controller in Controller Editor, so the "Connect" button is greyed out. I am using the latest version of Controller Editor (1.6)

Can anyone help me out with this issue?
Pitchhansen 7:16 AM - 4 November, 2013
This is a a great way to use serato and cant understand why this thred is so quiet. I want this option in my setup. this is a tiny smooth sulution to controll serato.
Diegito 4:27 PM - 7 November, 2013
SAME PROBLEM, IS THERE NO ONE CAN HELP ???
J Helfer 7:00 PM - 8 November, 2013
Hi guys

Hold the Shift button and press both the Left and Right buttons :) That'll drop the X1MK2 into MIDI mode.
LarryB 3:48 AM - 20 November, 2013
I'm having trouble too. Can someone explain or link us to help get this going. Very frustrating...
SSL with Kontrol X1 MK 2.
Respectfully
J Helfer 3:49 AM - 20 November, 2013
Hold Shift and press the left and right arrow buttons. Then boot SSL
LarryB 4:11 AM - 20 November, 2013
I've tried that. I don't even see it on my midi devices on Serato setup.
You know...
"Connected midi devices"
The only thing I installed was the latest firm ware and native instruments "controller editor" and there's a gray shaded area that says "connect" that won't do anything.
Am I missing something here?
I have a mac book pro running mavericks.
J Helfer 4:12 AM - 20 November, 2013
All I had to do on PC was work the macro (Shift + L/R) and it appears in mine. You're switching the X1MK2 into MIDI mode before you're booting Serato?
LarryB 4:25 AM - 20 November, 2013
Not getting anything. Makes me want to delete everything and start all over.
I do appreciate you help.
Thanks
J Helfer 4:28 AM - 20 November, 2013
The X1MK2 isn't accessibly by the Controller Manager. Did you install the X1MK2 drivers? You should be able to get them from co.native-instruments.com
LarryB 4:35 AM - 20 November, 2013
I went to the link and downloaded the "device updater" and followed it and it leads only to confirm the latest firmware. There is no driver to download. I notice there's one for windows only.
soundsyndication 7:07 AM - 9 December, 2013
I'm trying to use the new serato dj with the traktor kontrol x1. when i open serato dj it says i dont have hardware konnekted and gives me the one deck option. i have all the recent drivers and updates needed for serato and for the x1 so everything should be funktioning. can i even run "dj" with an x1 or do i need cdj's or something? i use vinyl now
---help much apreciated
WillemD 4:51 PM - 9 December, 2013
I have the same problem!
"shift+arrows"option does not work, it just scrolls through the setup tabs.
Latest drivers and serato update have been installed.
Help from anyone who has been able to set up the X1 mk2 on Serato SL2 is very much appreciated.
WillemD 11:51 AM - 10 December, 2013
Hit Shift+arrows on the X1 device does work to put the device on. Still figuring out the rest, I will keep you posted but if someone out there knows more, please help!
yo_ven 11:06 AM - 16 December, 2013
Any update regarding X1 mk2 thing? i realy dont know how to get this piece of equipment work out on ssl 2.5... i'm using a mac, a TTM 57sl mixer and pair of turntables.. hlp pls!!
DanceMidi 1:40 PM - 24 January, 2015
Hello friends. The X1 will not appear on Midi equipment list but works normally. Shift + (L and R) comes in Midi mode. Follow the normal mapping in SSL.
ojgbagg27 5:42 AM - 17 February, 2015
@Don Octavius and others having if you are having trouble with thr NI X1 MK2 KONTROL that mean the drivers is not install and 2 in the control editor once the hardware is connect you have 4 x1 in the drive list just choose one until the connect lit up then you are good from that point
DjBLiZ 9:15 PM - 25 August, 2015
would it help to use MidiPipe to map the X1 MK2 to Scratch Live?
dmevans831 2:50 PM - 11 August, 2017
I run SSL/ Rane 57SL/ Win7

Controller Editor recognizes my X1 Mk2 and will connect, but I'm having the following problems:

1) no ssl template for X1 "mk2" for Controller Editor....when I open SSL 2.2 template in CE, it auto changes to a view of the X1 "mk1"

2) X1 Mk2 does not show up under "connected midi devices;"